I'm coming from a Note 3, and have been an avid android user for the past three or four years...occasionally dabbling with the iPhone, windows phone and even the Z10. This Z30 is a damn nice phone...extremely fast, extremely smooth and I'm really digging the gestures.

The screen size and lack of apps are what killed it for me with the Z10, however with the latest leak for our phones, whatever app I can't find in app world, I've had no problems getting in the Amazon store. And the browser is so damn fast, I use that for several sites that I can't find apps for...to be honest, the Web pages are just as fast and smooth as a native app, so that works quite well.

I'm determined to get away from Android and google...I'm starting to feel like they own my life. there are certain google apps that blackberry cannot compete with (google maps), so I can't leave them totally, but I'm well on my way.

I know I've been hard on blackberry over the past couple years, but I seriously am genuinely impressed with this phone. The sound is probably the best I've heard on a phone (yes, even better than the almighty HTC One), and the clarity is top notch (this coming from a 440ppi screen). Battery life seems to be dang good from my days use as well...will see how that materializes. The only issue I see is that the colors seem to be a bit over saturated. I realize my eyes probably need to adjust based on other phones I have used, but that is my opinion as of now.

Anyway, pretty happy so far with my experiwnce. Not mailing off my old stratosphere just yet (upgraded to Edge), but it's all packaged and ready to go if things keep going the way they are

Sent from my Z30 using Tapatalk
    03-08-14 08:13 AM
    By the way...I'm with Verizon and updated immediately to the latest leak, so I can't compare to stock software, as I literally updated when I took it out of the box.

03-08-14 08:16 AM
    Nice post.

I'm always interested in hearing from Android users impressions. On more than one occasion, I've flirted with the idea of switching to Android. But the BB OS10 just keeps getting better and better.

Now that I have my Z30 (from Z10 a few months ago), which I love, and the ability to use Android apps which I've been able to find through Snap, I'm finding my desire to switch to Android is dwindling.

My only improvement I would like to see is a more vibrant, detailed screen. Thats it. Otherwise the phone is damn near perfect. But I wouldn't want the improved screen at the expense of worse battery life. I'm certain the BB engineers grappled with this when they were designing the Z30.

All the best, and keep on trucking.
    03-08-14 08:24 AM
    I have the Q10 and love it. It's a work machine but I have been tempted time and time again by users such as yourself boasting about the Z30 . You sir have me once again doubting my physical keyboard existence... but I think I will hold out until summer to see if anything new comes down the pipeline.

Glad you're enjoying the switch!

Luke
    03-08-14 08:27 AM
    I'm coming from a Note 3, and have been an avid android user for the past three or four years...occasionally dabbling with the iPhone, windows phone and even the Z10. This Z30 is a damn nice phone...extremely fast, extremely smooth and I'm really digging the gestures.

The screen size and lack of apps are what killed it for me with the Z10, however with the latest leak for our phones, whatever app I can't find in app world, I've had no problems getting in the Amazon store. And the browser is so damn fast, I use that for several sites that I can't find apps for...to be honest, the Web pages are just as fast and smooth as a native app, so that works quite well.

I'm determined to get away from Android and google...I'm starting to feel like they own my life. there are certain google apps that blackberry cannot compete with (google maps), so I can't leave them totally, but I'm well on my way.

I know I've been hard on blackberry over the past couple years, but I seriously am genuinely impressed with this phone. The sound is probably the best I've heard on a phone (yes, even better than the almighty HTC One), and the clarity is top notch (this coming from a 440ppi screen). Battery life seems to be dang good from my days use as well...will see how that materializes. The only issue I see is that the colors seem to be a bit over saturated. I realize my eyes probably need to adjust based on other phones I have used, but that is my opinion as of now.

Anyway, pretty happy so far with my experiwnce. Not mailing off my old stratosphere just yet (upgraded to Edge), but it's all packaged and ready to go if things keep going the way they are

Nice! This phones battery life was the reason I purchased it. I can get 14- 24 hours on it without worrying about a charge. On my s4 I barely got 6 hours.

Posted via CB10
    03-08-14 08:27 AM
    Glad you like it. Experiences like yours show up on here all the time about someone coming from another platform. People say they thought BlackBerry was a thing of the past. People say they didn't know..didnt realize. Then they go on to rave about how much they love their BB10 device. This really is the shame of it all that we continually talk about here on these forums. These BB10 devices are awesome and nobody even knows it. And the reason nobody knows is because BlackBerry isn't telling them.

Z10
    03-08-14 08:29 AM
    I have a very similar experience to yours. I came back to blackberry from an Android phone. I loved my z10 but was frustrated by a couple of missing apps I needed for work. I was about to order a new android when they released 10.2.1. Now everything I need, I have. And when I got my Verizon z30, I upgraded right out of the box like you did. Best phone I've ever used. I have zero motivation to use anything else.
    03-08-14 08:39 AM
    I came back to BlackBerry because of the 10.2.1.1 update and I decided to buy an unlocked z30 100-5 Canadian model and I couldn't be more happier with my decision.

The phone is fast and smooth and the screen is excellent for my daily driver. I really love the extra screen space and the larger keyboard makes a huge difference when it comes to texting and emails.

I sold off my last iPhone 5s today on Craigslist and I am not looking back. I really like BlackBerry OS10 and I find the OS features like the Hub, Peek, Flow and gesturing concepts are highly addictive like crack.

Every time I try and go back to using Android and/or IOS, I find myself coming back to BlackBerry OS10. This OS has really improved my productivity.

I feel the only way you can market OS10 is you have to get it into the hands of the user. This product has to be used to really get the true experience of its great features. Just my input, hope it helps.

Posted from my BlackBerry z30 on T Mobile USA
    03-08-14 11:42 AM
    I did my self switch to a android phone then switch back to a Z10 now got a Z30 love my Z30 I've got all the Apps on my phone I want but BlackBerry should do more to attract more apps to BlackBerry 10... welcome everyone to BlackBerry I would not want to go back to any other manufacturer now not after using BlackBerry 10 I'm hooked..

Rob32
    03-08-14 11:53 AM
    the browser is so damn fast, I use that for several sites that I can't find apps for...to be honest, the Web pages are just as fast and smooth as a native app, so that works quite well.
    +1 yes the browser was what blew me away.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10
    03-08-14 12:03 PM
    I keep saying it. The z30 is the best darn phone ever made, I've tried a lot of the android devices and they don't come close to a z30. In fact since purchasing this phone December last year it's hardly far from my reach.

My Z30 just keeps me moving.....
    03-08-14 12:07 PM
    Congrats on finding out the best phone for you, let's hope Z50 improves the screen like you said without sacrificing the battery life.... and please gives us the octa-core processor, don't chicken out in the last minute.

Posted via CB10 with Z30 on 10.2.1.2141
    03-08-14 01:35 PM
    Congrats on finding out the best phone for you, let's hope Z50 improves the screen like you said without sacrificing the battery life.... and please gives us the octa-core processor, don't chicken out in the last minute.

I agree. A better resolution in the screen. I'd be content with a quad core tbh. But they need to boost from 16GB to 32GB minimum with expandable memory. I know this one is personal but I can't get past the silver chin in the z30. Lol. Please get rid of it. :-)
    03-08-14 01:52 PM
    I agree. A better resolution in the screen. I'd be content with a quad core tbh. But they need to boost from 16GB to 32GB minimum with expandable memory. I know this one is personal but I can't get past the silver chin in the z30. Lol. Please get rid of it. :-)
    The chin is actually the advanced antenna that allows Z30 maintaining it's data speed in spotty areas. After understanding that, I don't mind it anymore .

I am ok with Quad too but the octa-core actually saves battery power according to some of the posts here. In that case I hope BlackBerry step up in the specs world and get an up hand for just once. LOL.

03-08-14 02:17 PM