Ceramic cracks everything!!!

Posted via CB10
    04-28-14 11:46 AM
    Replacement screens are $60 on eBay.

Posted via CB10
    04-28-14 12:22 PM
    Does it matter what screen you get? Or are they all the same?

Posted via CB10
    05-07-14 05:14 AM
    Does it matter what screen you get? Or are they all the same?

Posted via CB10
    I know that all Z30's are the same except the STA100-3, the one exclusive to Verizon, I am not sure if this affects the screen replacement or not , maybe somebody else can confirm this.
    I just got the replacement for my Z30 STA100-2 and i have installed it by myself , it went like a charm.
    05-07-14 06:40 AM
    Isacca : how difficult was it?

Posted via CB10 with 'Berry Z30
    05-07-14 07:43 AM
    I use my Z30 naked @ home and throw on a $6 clear TPU case when I'm on the go. Jumped into a friend's vehicle without case and forgot I had my phone on my lap after and when I got out my Z30 hit the cement. It hit the top left corner first and followed by the bottom left corner. Panic ensued but other than a small scuff on the top metal band and rear case and a very small scuff on the silver bottom corner (I can feel it more than see it) I GOT LUCKY. The TPU case covers the blemishes and won't be coming off anymore. I also have the leather BlackBerry sleeve which is awkward and the otterbox commuter which is too bulky. (too bad I spent $50 on those when a generic $6 is really all I need - it fits in my $12 waterproof case I use on the boat/lake). No more commando for me - I mean my Z30 of course.

My bitchin' Z30 BlackBerry
    05-07-14 12:35 PM
    Sorry for your Loss.

Posted via CB10
    05-07-14 01:11 PM
    Isacca : how difficult was it?

Posted via CB10 with 'Berry Z30
    No difficulty at all , but you have to be careful when removing the flex cable from the main board , you need to make sure you don't harm the board itself by any sudden movement , but it is very easy , just remove the 10 screws ,take out the screen slowly , then remove the flex cable from the connector on the board, install the new LCD after connecting its cable cable and thats it
    05-07-14 04:14 PM
    My new screen stopped working after only 3 days of usage ( I have done the replacement by myself), I tried to install the old cracked one and it is working fine, so it is obvious it is the new screen which has the problem,it only blinks for a second then goes black.
    I bought it from eBay, any ideas? I dont know if such parts could be replaced by the source.
    I am feeling very upset!!!

Posted via CB10
    05-09-14 01:04 PM
    My new screen stopped working after only 3 days of usage ( I have done the replacement by myself), I tried to install the old cracked one and it is working fine, so it is obvious it is the new screen which has the problem,it only blinks for a second then goes black.
    I bought it from eBay, any ideas? I dont know if such parts could be replaced by the source.
    I am feeling very upset!!!

Posted via CB10
    Bummer. One of the problems when you purchase something on ebay. Keep us posted.

05-09-14 01:17 PM
    I bought Z30 for $850 + $75 for 64 GB media card + $25 for microHDMI cable.

You people across the ocean crying that $600 or $700 for the phone is too much but your salaries are 4-10 times higher than most people get in the Czech Republic.

Does it matter what type of screen I buy for my Z30? I mean... they are same for every single Z30... or not?
    I know, right?!

In South Africa, you don't really get paid much unless you have some kind of job doing witch-craft. The Z30 finally dropped from $850 to $590 now. I never understand why people in the US or Canada complain about paying more than $350 for a phone.

Anyway...I hope the OP comes right with his device.
    05-09-14 03:06 PM
    Bummer. One of the problems when you purchase something on ebay. Keep us posted.

The seller at ebay offered to replace the new defected LCD , I shipped it back to him today
    05-11-14 02:24 PM
    There are some threads here on replacing the screen, if you're comfortable attempting that. Let me see if I can find them.
    Hi,
    Can you send me the thread for Z30 glass replacement?

Posted via awesome Z30 thru CB10
    05-12-14 12:39 AM
    No difficulty at all , but you have to be careful when removing the flex cable from the main board , you need to make sure you don't harm the board itself by any sudden movement , but it is very easy , just remove the 10 screws ,take out the screen slowly , then remove the flex cable from the connector on the board, install the new LCD after connecting its cable cable and thats it
    Hi,
    Do you have any tutorial or video for Z30 glass replacement? I broke mine :-( and need replacement.

05-12-14 12:44 AM
    Hi,
    Do you have any tutorial or video for Z30 glass replacement? I broke mine :-( and need replacement.

Here is a link for a post showing how to disassemble

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...photos-885271/

I did a replacement for the whole LCD not the glass , and it was very easy , just be careful when removing the LCD and the flex cable
    05-12-14 01:37 AM
    Here is a link for a post showing how to disassemble

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...photos-885271/

I did a replacement for the whole LCD not the glass , and it was very easy , just be careful when removing the LCD and the flex cable
    Hi,
    Thanks for pointing the link. Can you also share me what are the tools I need for dis assembly? Like specific screw driver, ..etc. Mine is STA 100-5. I guess the LCD link you provided above from eBay will work right? Appreciate your help.

05-12-14 09:00 AM
    Hi,
    Thanks for pointing the link. Can you also share me what are the tools I need for dis assembly? Like specific screw driver, ..etc. Mine is STA 100-5. I guess the LCD link you provided above from eBay will work right? Appreciate your help.

You need the T4 screwdriver , tweezer (didn't use it) , and the mobile phone opener ( i used an old credit card to get the screen out ) that's it. You have to get the LCD out from one of the top corners , not the bottom.

I got this assembly kit including the middle frame and the battery , the seller was decent as i had a problem with the new one and now he is replacing it for me .
    Check this link
    Blackberry Z30 LCD Black Screen Digitizer Assembly Battery with Middle Frame | eBay
    05-12-14 10:43 AM
    ISACCA: Thanks. I tried to remove the screws, all was fine except 1 in the top middle with some steel ring on the screw holes, any idea how to remove that? Also, after removing the screws how do I remove the panel?
    If you have any video / photos, will be helpful.

05-12-14 11:42 PM
    ISACCA: Thanks. I tried to remove the screws, all was fine except 1 in the top middle with some steel ring on the screw holes, any idea how to remove that? Also, after removing the screws how do I remove the panel?
    If you have any video / photos, will be helpful.

It is a normal screw , just remove it like the others.

Then pull out the screen slowly from top by inserting the mobile opener or any slim plastic object between the screen and the middle frame , once this top corner is out you can take out the other corner and slide the screen to the up (also slowly and carefully) as it has some hinges going under the frame at the bottom.When the screen is out you can remove the flex cable from the main board by opening the flip on the connection.

I wish I had a video , will try to post something
    05-13-14 06:46 AM

Then pull out the screen slowly from top by inserting the mobile opener or any slim plastic object between the screen and the middle frame , once this top corner is out you can take out the other corner and slide the screen to the up (also slowly and carefully) as it has some hinges going under the frame at the bottom.When the screen is out you can remove the flex cable from the main board by opening the flip on the connection.

Great, thanks again, will give it a try.

05-13-14 08:30 AM
    My phone is in excellent condition but due to mishandling I broke the motherboard, long story, it can't be fixed but my phone is whole otherwise. If someone has a badly broken Z30 that he/she is not willing to repair let me know.
    05-15-14 07:41 AM

Thanks for this info. I changed my Z30 LCD and now it works great. By the way, I got the GSM model from Amazon for $45 from this link, it wokrs fine.
    Amazon.com: Blackberry Z30 LCD Black Screen & Digitizer Assembly: Cell Phones & Accessories

Thanks for the help.

I just dropped my Z30 - Screen cracked-wp_20140520_006.jpgI just dropped my Z30 - Screen cracked-wp_20140520_007.jpgI just dropped my Z30 - Screen cracked-wp_20140520_009.jpgI just dropped my Z30 - Screen cracked-wp_20140520_014.jpg
    Attached Thumbnails I just dropped my Z30 - Screen cracked-wp_20140520_001.jpg  
    05-20-14 09:28 PM
    05-20-14 09:37 PM
    There are some threads here on replacing the screen, if you're comfortable attempting that. Let me see if I can find them.
    Yep. OP someone posted a very detailed one on YouTube as I recall. Best bet is use Google to search for "YouTube BlackBerry Z30 replace screen". See if it's something you can tackle or not.
    05-20-14 09:40 PM
    You went black? Lol, funny how some of the owners of the black Z30, myself included, are tempted to go white and others the other way.

Posted via CB10
    05-20-14 10:33 PM
60 123