At my fairly remote cottage I used to get 2 bars on my z10 if I left the phone at a Window, data was slow, Web pages didn't open properly etc. (iphones didn't work at all to once in a while)

With the Z30 I can walk around talking anywhere, some places it drops to one bar but still works. If I leave the phone in the same window I get 4 bars and the data is so good I'm able to play xbox live via hotspot.

For the record I love in a area that has only 3g, no 4g so I can not comment on the 4g service.

Posted via CB10
    03-22-14 04:52 AM
    For those of you who already own a Z30 was just curious to know how well does this new antenna technology work? Do you receive better reception than your old phone? Or more better how does the reception compare to a Z10? I work in an older building with thick limestone walls and have a lot of coverage blind spots in it wondering if Z30 would do better in that environment. Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    This has been my observation. I work as a 911 dispatcher part time and our office is in the basement of a 100+ years old court house. I had a razr m/ electrify m same phone 2 different carriers. I could sometimes get a signal and it was very unreliable. I'd say both phones on both carriers were about the same. US cellular and vzw both have good coverage in my area. Fast forward to the z10. I always had at least one bar of signal and consistently had at least 3g coverage, sometimes 4. The z30 mostly hits 4 g LTE and keeps about 2 bars of signal. It does seem to help with the z30 in my opinion. I should add that this is a all stone building with the big steam pipes running all through it for heat. Not to mention all the steel caging surrounding us by our office due to the jail being right there.

Posted via CB10
    03-22-14 07:52 AM
    The Antenna is really great... I had a z10 and have now a z30... and I can say that the signal is better than ever before... When you copare it with an iphone5 oh my god... You will be so surprised of the signal strength.... Auf deutsch: die Antenne des z30 ist bisher das Beste was ich je gehabt habe... geniale Ingenieursarbeit...

I hope Blackberry will not die... and I hope they build the Paratek Antenna in every new phone.... this would be a great deal...
    04-24-14 09:03 AM
    The Antenna is really great... I had a z10 and have now a z30... and I can say that the signal is better than ever before... When you copare it with an iphone5 oh my god... You will be so surprised of the signal strength.... Auf deutsch: die Antenne des z30 ist bisher das Beste was ich je gehabt habe... geniale Ingenieursarbeit...

I hope Blackberry will not die... and I hope they build the Paratek Antenna in every new phone.... this would be a great deal...
    Same here, at my office I struggled to get 3G with my old Galaxy S3 but with the exact same sim card I got maximum bars of 3G signal on the Z30. I keep it at 3G for power consumption purposes but I have always seen a much better reception compared to my previous phone on the same network/sim card.

This Z30 is a very underrated phone, best phone I have used so far. Yes Android phones are more powerful but the Z30 does everything brilliantly, and yes I have played around with Galaxy S4's, Note 3's and coming from my great Galaxy S3, and the Z30 still kicks ****.
    06-09-14 12:23 AM
    I'm off to Download Festival this weekend. Checked the O2 coverage map and they state 4G is "patchy", so will be interesting to see how the Z30 fares with it. Although to conserve battery I'll be switching to 2G until I *need* data.

Posted via CB10
    06-09-14 01:47 AM
    This antenna will improve my business and make me more money in my rural environment.
    08-18-14 07:52 PM
    @tomsobon. It takes an epic failure to so eloquently recognize another epic failure, except in this situation you're sadly mistaken kiddo LOL, mostly joking. Who says 'epic' anymore? BlackBerry is for adults, real people who do real things. Z30 is awesome. Paratek is an entire company that BlackBerry purchased and they create antenna technology. Yes, the Z30 antenna receives and holds radio signals better than the other BlackBerry 10 devices, specifically in lower strength areas, as mentioned already.

Posted via CB10
    08-18-14 08:34 PM
    I don't know what the fuss is about this antenna but my z30 is losing signal and is no where as good as the one in my Z10 or Q10. I think the display is kidding people because my Z10 will have 3 bars constant in certain place and my Q10 will have 2 but they don't lose signal. My Z30 will show 5 bars then drop to no service for 30 seconds then get 1 bar, then jump to 5 bars then lose signal. I can barely use the Internet in my home and the other 2 work fine. I have to hold it up in the air alot. I noticed the same thing all over riding around

Posted via CB10
    08-22-14 04:39 PM
    I don't know what the fuss is about this antenna but my z30 is losing signal and is no where as good as the one in my Z10 or Q10. I think the display is kidding people because my Z10 will have 3 bars constant in certain place and my Q10 will have 2 but they don't lose signal. My Z30 will show 5 bars then drop to no service for 30 seconds then get 1 bar, then jump to 5 bars then lose signal. I can barely use the Internet in my home and the other 2 work fine. I have to hold it up in the air alot. I noticed the same thing all over riding around

Posted via CB10
    May be your carrier, but I would assume that it is the same for all devices, or the Z30 needs some standard maintenance....no issues here.

Z30 144GB
    08-22-14 06:49 PM
    May be your carrier, but I would assume that it is the same for all devices, or the Z30 needs some standard maintenance....no issues here.

Z30 144GB
    My Z10 and Q10 work great without losing signal the Z30 doesn't in the same exact location at the same time. I can barely browse the web. MY phone hasn't been ringing much at all either. I have been getting voicemail after voicemail with no calls also. Hardy ever happens on the Z10.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by boss_hog; 08-22-14 at 08:09 PM.
    08-22-14 07:26 PM

Posted via CB10
    You can't compare a defective radio (Z30) vs the working Z10/Q10.

RMA it.
    08-22-14 08:37 PM
    You can't compare a defective radio (Z30) vs the working Z10/Q10.

RMA it.
    But is it defective?? Who knows unless I get another one. I wonder if it is software. I had a leak on my Z10 that was a lot like this. I want to reload the software but don't see an option in BlackBerry link

Posted via CB10
    08-22-14 09:05 PM
    I'm doing a security wipe now with no sim,. Don't know if it will help but gotta try

Posted via CB10
    08-22-14 09:11 PM
    But is it defective?? Who knows unless I get another one. I wonder if it is software. I had a leak on my Z10 that was a lot like this. I want to reload the software but don't see an option in BlackBerry link

Posted via CB10
    It's definitely defective.

I've had a z10 q10 and now z30. All with stock factory software upgraded over time.

The z10 had amazing radio that could get reception a in places most phones couldn't.

The q10 was decent but only average. I never got reception where other phones couldn't

Now I've got the z30 and am back to having a killer radio that gets reception everywhere.

Rma your z30. Maybe flash the os again to be certain but it sounds like a defective hardware issue

Posted via Z30 on CB10
    Zeratul57 likes this.
    08-22-14 09:20 PM

Posted via CB10
    We know the Z30 performs better than the other phones, and you have direct comparison where it is not working where other phones worked fine. Conclusion, defective phone.
    08-23-14 02:01 AM
    My Z30 is better than my Q10, Q5, Z10 at holding a signal in low reception areas, like inside my apartment. My experience is the Paratek antenna is better than the others.

Posted via CB10
    08-23-14 04:13 AM
    I don't see a difference in reception, sometimes Z10 is better than z30,
    08-23-14 04:30 AM
    How is the Z30 Paratek antenna-img_20140823_083142_edit.png q10 signal

Posted via CB10
    Attachment 292825Z30 signal
    08-23-14 07:35 AM
    How is the Z30 Paratek antenna-img_20140823_085104_edit.pngQ10

Posted via CB10
    Attachment 292831 look at the lying Z30 bars
    Attachment 292858 Z10
    Last edited by boss_hog; 08-23-14 at 09:05 AM.
    08-23-14 07:54 AM
    I have the same issue with z30. It sometimes just loses the signal, and the area is very well covered with signal. My friend who also has Z30 reports this problem. So Paratek antenna isn't really that good.

Posted via CB10
    08-23-14 09:12 AM
    I have the same issue with z30. It sometimes just loses the signal, and the area is very well covered with signal. My friend who also has Z30 reports this problem. So Paratek antenna isn't really that good.

Posted via CB10
    I'm going to see if I can find somewhere soon that only has 4g so I can compare them on the same technology, but either way it's gonna go back because I can barely use it and it may be because of no Lte and that may be on a closer tower because we are in the area that is converting AllTel to att. We have had lte here for a few months and I really don't remember of exactly how it performed but I know I don't have a problem with the lte signal at all. I couldn't tell you the last time I dropped a call on my berry's. My iPhone is a different story

Posted via CB10
    08-23-14 09:20 AM
    What I see after 3 weeks using Z30 the Paratek antenna really helps when the carrier signal is blocked by building structure.

However, the Paratek antenna won't help if the carrier signal is basically weak or in low quality (perhaps the carrier is using second class transmitter device)

Posted via CB10
    08-23-14 09:31 AM
    I don't see a difference in reception, sometimes Z10 is better than z30,
    The z10 and z30 both have very good antennas (don't know if they use the same antenna or not?). You probably wouldn't notice a difference between them.
    The q10 is still pretty good but not as good as either Z
    Maybe the z10 is better than the z30 in some situations... I never tested them side by side, but basing my opinion on 6+ months of daily use with each phone

Posted via Z30 on CB10
    08-24-14 11:43 AM
    Every time I start liking this phone I can't load a freaking Web page because it doesn't work in my house but the other 2 do. I got my repeater fired up and it's showing full bars and nothing. Walk outside it works great but that's for the birds

Posted via CB10
    08-26-14 08:25 PM
    Every time I start liking this phone I can't load a freaking Web page because it doesn't work in my house but the other 2 do. I got my repeater fired up and it's showing full bars and nothing. Walk outside it works great but that's for the birds

Posted via CB10
    Something is wrong with your phone. Try to take it in for warranty if you can

Mine works as good or better than any phone (other berries or androids and iphones) that I have had mine next to a friend using our phones a poor service area

Posted via Z30 on CB10
    Zeratul57 likes this.
    08-28-14 07:06 PM
103 ... 2345