Hello all,

in the business conversations I often need to respond to an email and attach some other email thread to my response.
    How can I do this on BB??
    03-13-15 08:01 PM
    Usually I just forward the email... most platform nowadays can't open email in attachments anyway

Posted via CB10
    BerryRipe likes this.
    03-13-15 08:03 PM
    I disagree.
    First of all, most of my contacts are on Outlook/Exchange, so they obviously can attach the emailsand read the attached emails.
    Moreover, I can open the attached email on BB10 if someone sends me such email.
    But I just don't see a way to attach the email in response...
    03-13-15 08:22 PM
    Hello all,

in the business conversations I often need to respond to an email and attach some other email thread to my response.
    Best just forward the email, or copy & paste the important parts from the one email to the one you are replying to.

Z30-Z10-Q10-9900-Playbook
    03-13-15 08:24 PM
    Thanks for your reply, but you're proposing to workaround my problem by changing the "style" of a conversation
    However sometimes it's necessary to attach the original untouched email to the currently running conversation.
    So I'd be happy to hear a solution from someone, not a workaround
    03-13-15 08:27 PM
    If you forward an email, the entirety of the email you're forwarding is included at the bottom of the newly created email, as if you're attaching it. The difference would be that it is at the bottom instead of something the receiver has to open. For your "style of conversation", you want your email to be free of visible attachments?

Thanks for your reply, but you're proposing to workaround my problem by changing the "style" of a conversation
    However sometimes it's necessary to attach the original untouched email to the currently running conversation.
    So I'd be happy to hear a solution from someone, not a workaround
    03-13-15 08:45 PM
    So far BlackBerry this option is not available.

Posted via CB10
    Vinogradov Oleg likes this.
    03-13-15 08:47 PM
    "Forward " is the proper way to do it.

If the platform lets you save to a file you can attach as a file. That's needlessly labyrinthine, however. Conversely if "attach" is the verb you want you could take screen shots and use those.

Bring back random taglines!
    03-13-15 08:50 PM
    Ok. Let me give you an example.
    It's typical that an email conversation includes many people, and an email thread can contain an ongoing discussion on a number of questions.
    Now let's say I'm responding into this thread, and I need to cover one of the questions discussed in it. I can answer in a few short sentences, and I can attach some other related thread that I can refer to for the details.
    I don't want to fork the conversation by responding to one thread first and forwarding another thread to the same set of people. Neither want I to copy/paste from the other thread - it should be used as a reference material in the case when I refer to someone else's statement contained in that other thread. Hopefully, this helps.

And now, may we get back to the original question? I don't understand why I can attach a random file to an email, but I can't attach an email to an email. There should be at least a way to save that other email as a file on the device, and then I would be able to attach it. Thoughts?
    heading4tomorrow likes this.
    03-13-15 08:54 PM
    It is becoming quite typical at Crackberry to tell the user that, if BB10 cannot do whatever they want to do, they are just wrong.

You can forward emails or email threads as attachments in Outlook and it is very handy. I understand what the OP wants to do, it is a reasonable thing to do, but I do not know how to do it on BB10.

Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk 2
    03-13-15 09:37 PM
    My point was that even if it was possible, I wouldn't "attach" an email because so many uses an iPhone and they can't open "attached" emails. Forward is the proper way to do things... it's part of email etiquette. Such as use BCC if there are too many recipients, never write everything in caplock

Posted via CB10
    TrueKulcha likes this.
    03-13-15 10:24 PM
    Forward is the proper way to do things... it's part of email etiquette.

That's what I was trying to say too, that traditionally using forward was correct. No slight was intended.

However, I've first saved an email to a text file and then attached that in the past. But, mobile operating systems are limited in file handling; the frustration of which I commiserate with.

Bring back random taglines!
    03-13-15 11:25 PM
    I have easiest way, I take printout of email and scan it and use it to attach whenever it is required to be attached original email along with email reply.
    03-13-15 11:45 PM
    Well, it is possible but you need an app called Email Archiver (a Bb10 app on BlackBerry World). Back-up the specific email you wish to forward. The email will be saved as an EML file by default. Compose a new message and attach the EML file. Done.

Posted via CB10
    03-13-15 11:57 PM
    Well, it is possible but you need an app called Email Archiver (a Bb10 app on BlackBerry World). Back-up the specific email you wish to forward. The email will be saved as an EML file by default. Compose a new message and attach the EML file. Done.

Posted via CB10
    Here is the direct link to the premium version of the app Check out Email Archiver in BlackBerry World! You can find it at http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/33549889

There is a free version of the app but I believe it's limited to 50 saved emails. I haven't been able to save emails with attachments as well, it seems to only save the body of the emails

Posted via CB10
    03-14-15 12:03 AM
    It is becoming quite typical at Crackberry to tell the user that, if BB10 cannot do whatever they want to do, they are just wrong.

You can forward emails or email threads as attachments in Outlook and it is very handy. I understand what the OP wants to do, it is a reasonable thing to do, but I do not know how to do it on BB10.

Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk 2
    I am with you, it is obvious the OP knows he can forward and email, this is not what he wants to do.

It is common Practice to attach a whole email in the business world, especially when tampering with the body of a forwarded email is seen as potential cause of harm. I do have scenarios too that people, in order to accept that someone has written something, they would accept only an attached original email.

and to my knowledge, this is not possible in bb10. I would also like to see that happen some time soon as well... I have looked into it at some point but have not been able to find a solution... would be nice if someone could tell us if they made this work somehow...

edit: while I was typing the two above comments on the app came in, that is encouraging, although I would really like to see a feature in bb10 some day... (but I think I am just dreaming)
    Posted via CB10
    Last edited by currentodysseys; 03-14-15 at 12:25 AM.
    03-14-15 12:13 AM
    My point was that even if it was possible, I wouldn't "attach" an email because so many uses an iPhone and they can't open "attached" emails. Forward is the proper way to do things... it's part of email etiquette. Such as use BCC if there are too many recipients, never write everything in caplock

Posted via CB10
    maybe you care more about "etiquette" but to assume this is how the world spin is plain wrong. I have to handle disputes on operational issues with my team and outside of company actors (disputes that are about who will pay the final bill) and many a times an attached email is the only irrefutable proof outside vendors will accept as them having actually committed by writing during a process.

also in legal terms, a big corporate dispute in court, that had to deal witha quite big amount of money, was partly "saved" due to submitting an original saved email untouched.

so yeah, sometimes, attaching an original email file is very important to some people. So I am sorry but we need to keep present, that scenarios are different and if OP is asking, he has his reason.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by currentodysseys; 03-14-15 at 12:44 AM.
    03-14-15 12:22 AM
    Hello all,

I just found a way to do exactly what you want: I just tried it and it worked.
    I use an app called "email archiver". I back up selected emails to a folder in documents. All I had to do is add an attachment (the email file saved in documents). It worked well. Attaches like any other document, and it was readable.

nglfmark likes this.
    03-14-15 01:26 AM

Posted via CB10
    I just posted the exact comment. Two great minds think alike. ( I should have read the thread first). P

nglfmark likes this.
    03-14-15 01:27 AM
    I need this feature too. This should not required an additional app, BlackBerry just need to add a 'copy' and 'paste' to the email menu.

Posted via Z30STA100-2/10.3.1.2558
    03-14-15 01:38 AM
    I just found a way to do exactly what you want: I just tried it and it worked.
    I use an app called "email archiver". I back up selected emails to a folder in documents. All I had to do is add an attachment (the email file saved in documents). It worked well. Attaches like any other document, and it was readable.

in previous comments it has been mentioned that although you can attach the email, you cannot view include any attachment the original email had, have you found a way to make this work? I will definitely be checking out the app!!

Posted via CB10
    03-14-15 01:41 AM
    Interesting thread and useful as there is a solution although replies on an app. I also attach an untouched email to an email also regularly in outlook so to be able to do on the run with my Q10 or Passport is handy. I'm going to install Email Archiver as suggested by some in this thread.

Edit: Read a few of the reviews (before purchasing and some are not too good?). Think I shall try the free version to see if it works before buying the unlimited emails archive version.

Edit update: the free version cannot attach the original email's attachments. So it has limitations. Not bad though.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by nglfmark; 03-14-15 at 02:36 AM.
    03-14-15 02:08 AM
    Email saver works great.

Edit:
    Thought I would try email archiver since its a built for BlackBerry app. Email saver is a better app.
    I couldn't find in the hub anywhere in the overflow menu to save email directly to email archiver. Email saver has the option in hub when you long press and hold an email the overflow menu shows up, it states share to email saver. When selected it brings up the menu in what format you want it saved.
    Email saver also let's you designate the default location for your saved emails in the settings. Whereas email archiver you have to specify a location everytime you save an email.
    Email saver by default saves the email by the subject line of the email just as outlook would. Archiver doesn't do that, you have to specify a name each time you save.
    Big downside of email archiver is that you have to launch the app everytime you want to save an email. It brings up list of all your emails within the app.

Just the convenience of saving an email from the hub, to a default location, file name of saved email is the subject line by default is worth getting email saver.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by byex; 03-14-15 at 02:53 AM.
    03-14-15 02:35 AM
    Thanks everyone! Email Saver works perfect for me!
    Of course, a built-in support would be better, but my use-case is now supported.

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    03-14-15 06:46 AM
    maybe you care more about "etiquette" but to assume this is how the world spin is plain wrong. I have to handle disputes on operational issues with my team and outside of company actors (disputes that are about who will pay the final bill) and many a times an attached email is the only irrefutable proof outside vendors will accept as them having actually committed by writing during a process.

also in legal terms, a big corporate dispute in court, that had to deal witha quite big amount of money, was partly "saved" due to submitting an original saved email untouched.

so yeah, sometimes, attaching an original email file is very important to some people. So I am sorry but we need to keep present, that scenarios are different and if OP is asking, he has his reason.

Posted via CB10
    Attached and forwarded email has exactly the same legal weight... except that if you attach a copy of a email, the recipient can say: sorry, I can't see your attachment!

Believe me, I send lots and lots of email and there is nothing more frustrating that an attached copy of an email. Not everyone uses Outlook!

Also if you think you can't tamper with an attached copy of an email, you're just being naive!

Posted via CB10
    Ealaionta likes this.
    03-14-15 07:18 AM
34 12