View Poll Results: Upgraded Z30 running 10.2 to 10.3.1 using:

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Autoloader (Destructive)

7 58.33%
  • Sachesi (exclusively, using carrier/country code)

3 25.00%
  • Blitz with Sachesi

2 16.67%
    I've Always used autoloaders. While upgrading from 10.2., first time I had restored fully but that gave me some troubles so went for clean installs since then.

Only while going from 10.3.1.1151 to .1949 to 2072, I did full restores and there is no problem.
    Yes, I've also had issues when I restore which remains one of the main reasons I usually wait for a Blitz/Sachesi (non-destructive) solution. But there are times a real, clean, fresh start is appropriate.
    02-07-15 09:42 AM
    Installed sachesi on my Windows 8.1 PC, then downloaded zipped BlitsOS2072.

Then opened sachesi then plugged phone into PC USB,

then opened sachesi's "Install Tab", then dragged; "BlitsOS2072" zipped over to any where within the open install tab.

So far it works great! (Love that sachesi, donated $25!)

Posted via CB10
    FF22 likes this.
    02-07-15 11:09 AM
    Autoloader. No issues.
    02-07-15 03:30 PM
    I've used it a number of times. I would say it is generally safe. Since the OS has been officially released by BB, it is safer than pure leaks which are not officially released. But there can be issues anytime you load an OS. Back up your unique data. I will say that I really like the changes/additions in 10.3.1.xxxx.
    While I agree that it's been released by BB, it is not specifically designed or programmed for Z30. It is for Classic, that happens to work and there are still some reports of flickers, white screens, etc..

Yes, I've also had issues when I restore which remains one of the main reasons I usually wait for a Blitz/Sachesi (non-destructive) solution. But there are times a real, clean, fresh start is appropriate.

This is the reason why I don't want to upgrade at all (especially a leak that's not designed for a particular device, even if it is an "official" leak) because if something goes wrong, it's going to be a pain to restore, backups don't work all that well. If we could take an image like Android folks can do, now that would be a great solution, then I can try every single leak but then revert right back by restoring an image.
    02-07-15 11:24 PM
    How did that work for you? Because when I went from 10.1 to 10.2 and restored, it was a big mess, half the Android programs never made it through restore and some settings weren't ported over. I followed the instructions so there can't be any problems with the restore or backup unless there were problems with the actual file.
    Really simple...no issues. I had to upgrade a few apps, that was about it BUT stupid me had all my media on my device internal memory so the restore took hooours.

Pimp slappin iGeeks, Droinerds and Windufuses with my big white Z30
    02-07-15 11:42 PM
    Did you restore settings and are all your old remember notes being listed properly and is your blackberry assistant search locating apps on your device if you type their names?

Posted via CB10
    Remember was fine....don't really use the assistant so can't answer that unfortunately.

Pimp slappin iGeeks, Droinerds and Windufuses with my big white Z30
    02-07-15 11:44 PM
    The last 3 OS upgrades I have done have been with Sachesi and Blitz's.only small issue with 1154 with the battery monitor.I am now running 2072 for about a week battery is better and battery monitor works.I am happy and like 10.3.1.
    02-07-15 11:48 PM
    The last 3 OS upgrades I have done have been with Sachesi and Blitz's.only small issue with 1154 with the battery monitor.I am now running 2072 for about a week battery is better and battery monitor works.I am happy and like 10.3.1.
    YES! I agree, I've been off BB for two years, finally got tired of my Nexus 4, even on new Lollipop. So I snatched a new unlocked white Z30 off Amazon about two weeks ago. So I'm coming into this raw. Read up on updating from the wild, stumbled upon sachesi (donated $25), and stumbled upon blitz's. So far as long as I read on the blitz post that it's for all phones or they mention Z30, on it goes! So bloody easy! I can't even begin to understand how anyone could have install problems. Also, installed Snap for auto side loading Apps, but take off BB World first, if not there, try Amazon, and if not there, get off Google Play. BB World Apps are made for BB, I installed News360 from Google Play but it required Google (can't remember term) engine or whatever, so I deleted and got it off Amazon (it's not on BB World) and it works fine.
    02-08-15 06:14 AM
    Blitz and sachesi

Posted via CB10
    02-08-15 06:55 AM
    Updated last night. Easy task

Sachesi and blitz

Posted via CB10
    02-08-15 09:33 PM
    Nothing is as good (to me) as a fresh start. Use auto loader and do not use BlackBerry Link or restore.

It is a long process to get the phone back how you like it. But beats what happens if you resurrect old baggage.

Z30STA100-5 /10.3.1.2072 / T-Mobile USA
    02-08-15 11:56 PM
    It is a long process to get the phone back how you like it. But beats what happens if you resurrect old baggage.

Z30STA100-5 /10.3.1.2072 / T-Mobile USA
    not a big deal in my case. Bought the phone a few weeks ago, so not too much baggage i have to worry about.

But probably a good idea when the phone is in use for a long time. just did the same for my 9900 i still use as my daily driver. complete back up, wiped the phone and reinstalled latest software, then only transferred selected data i needed which was possible on OS7 Blackberry manager.
    02-09-15 02:30 AM
    I was running 10.2.1 and I didn't plan to install leak 10.3.1 but I play with my Z30 to hard with android apps and yesterday my BlackBerry go to restart loop and stop working after few restarts. Only red light blinking. BBlink didn't help so I decided to use autoloader to revive my BlackBerry. I use autoloader with 10.3.1.2072 and it resurrect my Zedzillah 10.3.1 is awesome!

PS. Sorry for my English

Posted via CB10
    02-09-15 06:22 AM
38 12