I got my z30 on Thursday and I wish I could be happy with my battery life, because I got it because of the acclaimed battery life, but so far, on less than average usage, I get barely 12 hours which is quite frustrating, considering the fact that I'm in Nigeria and I was also expecting superb battery. What is the way forward pleaseeeeee :'(
    08-16-15 09:38 AM
    It can take awhile to settle down after a first time activation or update.
    I suspect your device out of box needed to be updated, or is currently trying to do so.

Also, turn off unneeded services, such as WiFi if you are on network data, Bluetooth if you have no devices, NFC if your not using smart tags or transfers, HotSpot if you are not hosting one, and 4G/LTE if your coverage is 3G.
    08-16-15 09:50 AM
    Also what OS is currently installed on the phone. Some of the early or original OS did not provide the best battery life.

You can see it by Swiping down and opening Main Settings. Then select ABOUT. There's a dropdown menu, select OS and you can copy the OS info and post it here.
    08-16-15 10:38 AM
    thanks so much, The OS installed is 10.3.1.1767
    08-16-15 01:16 PM
    I think that was a reasonable OS.

What kind of cell signal do you have? If the phone has to search harder, it does use more battery power.

Also what kinds of activities are you doing/running? Browsing can take power and games can eat a battery. I tend to turn down the screen brightness.

You can open Device Monitor and it will show what apps are consuming battery power.

In it, you can also tap the CPU tab at the bottom and also see what's running harder.
    08-16-15 02:34 PM
    The major browsing I do is checking my crackberry replies,which is just few times, I rarely play games at all and the brightness of the screen is the minimum possible. I don't use the phone much since I have a previous one and I'm just transitioning to this, the lack of battery power discourages me from doing much with it. I would have loved to send screenshots from the device monitor but I can't seem to see how to do that via here.
    08-16-15 02:45 PM
    I would have loved to send screenshots from the device monitor but I can't seem to see how to do that via here.
    To do screen shot of device manager just open the application to the screen you want to take a screen shot of. Then press the volume up and volume down at the same time.

Posted via CB10 with my Awesome Z30 STA100-5 processing OS 10.3.2.*. Jabbering on the AT&T Network.
    08-16-15 03:06 PM
    First, you may need a certain number of posts before you can post screen shots. On the web, in the Quick Reply, there's a second row of icons. It is the one just left of the 'film strip' icon or right of the "globe" icons.
    08-16-15 03:16 PM
    I got my z30 on Thursday and I wish I could be happy with my battery life, because I got it because of the acclaimed battery life, but so far, on less than average usage, I get barely 12 hours which is quite frustrating, considering the fact that I'm in Nigeria and I was also expecting superb battery. What is the way forward pleaseeeeee :'(
    Do a couple hard restarts, then regular restarts once per day until the OS has settled in. I get a full day easily now. Sometimes two, if I don't use it much, which isn't often!

Z30 STA100-5 on 10.3.2.2168
    08-16-15 09:38 PM
    Do a couple hard restarts, then regular restarts once per day until the OS has settled in. I get a full day easily now. Sometimes two, if I don't use it much, which isn't often!

Z30 STA100-5 on 10.3.2.2168
    Where is all that witchcraft coming from?
    08-17-15 08:39 PM
    I think this is solved by an update... My Z30 doesn't update yet(carriers in my country are lazy with the BB 10 OS Updates :/ ) and the battery goes from 12-14 hrs average use. If I don't use so much, I get one day, but not two like other people says... jajaja
    --
    Z30STA100-2/10.3.1.2582
    08-17-15 10:50 PM