I'm looking to upgrade my old z10 to that nice white Z30. Tell me white Z30 owner how does it feel?

Posted via CB10
    10-29-14 01:48 PM
    Great looking device but the back door cover is very slippery only thing.

Posted via CB10
    10-29-14 02:24 PM
    If you're gonna put a case on it, there are clear ones - put a Fosmon clear case on my g/f's white Z30 and it looks awesome!

Richard
    10-29-14 02:27 PM
    It's super awesome, go for it

Z30 White
    10-29-14 02:38 PM
    Cause I know the material of the black z30 makes it very slippery. How the white material back cover?

Posted via CB10
    10-29-14 03:44 PM
    I've got the white Z30 and Initially It felt a little too slippery for me. The black flipshell case arrived two days later and it's been on since.
    However, last week I used the original white back and before the day was over I put the flipshell back on. The white back is slippery- no way around that. I had read about the texture of the white back on the Z30 so it isn't a big deal at all. The white looks good but my advice is "get the flipshell case."
    Well that's my two cents worth of advice. Good luck.

Posted one-handed via Z30
    so crow likes this.
    10-29-14 05:33 PM
    I had the white Z10 and now the white Z30. It's definitely a sexy device no doubt about it.

Look! It's Zedzilla 30! ?
    10-29-14 08:01 PM
    I had the white Z10 and now the white Z30. It's definitely a sexy device no doubt about it.

Same with me. I had a white Z10 for about 13 months and then in April I bought a white Z30 used off the marketplace here on cb.

The white battery covers are made of hard plastic and very slick. On my Z10 I used a number of cases that worked great and didn't make it too bulky.

However, I've tried a few cases on my Z30(otterbox commuter, a couple cheap ebay cases and they just add a little too much bulk and it makes the 30 "clunky", Imo.

I've found the best thing was going caseless and using a clear skin on the back cover. It makes the back grippy, and doesn't ruin the sleek, Sexy look of the Z30.

If you want protection, the commuter is indeed the way to go. It protects the edges of the glass on the sides and all around the phone.

For the last month and a half or so I've been using the white leather flip case, which replaces the slippery Oem back with a white leather one and has leather that wraps around the left side and covers the screen when closed. It also has a sleep magnet so no more pressing the lock/unlock button. It really does rock.

I also highly suggest getting a tempered glass screen protector. $10 on ebay/amazon and feels just like glass. If you've never used one and always had a normal plastic stick on protector, you will love it and never go back to plastic.

Good luck, and enjoy that Sexy beast!

John

Via CBZ30 10.3.1.632
    10-29-14 08:21 PM
    Same with me. I had a white Z10 for about 13 months and then in April I bought a white Z30 used off the marketplace here on cb.

The white battery covers are made of hard plastic and very slick. On my Z10 I used a number of cases that worked great and didn't make it too bulky.

However, I've tried a few cases on my Z30(otterbox commuter, a couple cheap ebay cases and they just add a little too much bulk and it makes the 30 "clunky", Imo.

I've found the best thing was going caseless and using a clear skin on the back cover. It makes the back grippy, and doesn't ruin the sleek, Sexy look of the Z30.

If you want protection, the commuter is indeed the way to go. It protects the edges of the glass on the sides and all around the phone.

For the last month and a half or so I've been using the white leather flip case, which replaces the slippery Oem back with a white leather one and has leather that wraps around the left side and covers the screen when closed. It also has a sleep magnet so no more pressing the lock/unlock button. It really does rock.

I also highly suggest getting a tempered glass screen protector. $10 on ebay/amazon and feels just like glass. If you've never used one and always had a normal plastic stick on protector, you will love it and never go back to plastic.

Good luck, and enjoy that Sexy beast!

John

Via CBZ30 10.3.1.632
    Thanks for the suggestions. I have a white Z30 transform case and a BlackBerry Z30 OEM screen protector at the moment. I didn't want to add to much bulk and the transform case is what I had in my Z10, so I figured the Z30 case would have been made of the same material and provided some grip. However, that's not the case (no pun intended) .

So now I'm either going to just get a clear TPU case off eBay or for go all of it and do what you're suggesting, glass screen protector and clear skin on the battery cover.

10-29-14 09:33 PM