Ps, the amzer tab is part of the case and is a hard piece of plastic. I thought at first it might have been a soft tag. Looks like it might help keep the phone in place as much as it is advertising for them..
    BigBadWulf and Blacklatino like this.
    12-06-14 04:34 PM
    Ps, the amzer tab is part of the case and is a hard piece of plastic. I thought at first it might have been a soft tag. Looks like it might help keep the phone in place as much as it is advertising for them..
    Thanks! I'll take a long look before I chop, and worst comes to worst, get a second. They're pretty cheap. Gonna search for a TPU right now as well.
    12-06-14 05:44 PM
    If you guys notice in the pics I posted, the amzer tab is not there. I had no problem cutting it off and it looks soooooo much better!!!

Cutting it off does not affect the ability of the bumper case to protect the phone. So hack it off!

I also removed the extra bits of plastic/rubber covering the power button and volume buttons. I did all that with an exacto knife.

Posted via CB10 from my BlackBerry Z30
    BigBadWulf, Blacklatino and geomun like this.
    12-07-14 03:37 AM
    So I finally was allowed to have my phone and accessories last night!

You can see the holes I drilled for the noise suppression. Was a tad tedious, since the rubber inside didn't drill well. I ended up heating a small round file to clean it up.

Used a small pair of grooming scissors to remove the tag.

The pudding case is a tiny bit smaller, so it starts to clip in a little better, but neither case is an issue. This one already has a port for the suppression mics.

Overall I'm very happy with the surface case and holster combo! The bumper case feels a little odd in the hand, but I like the look a lot, so I'll try to acclimate. Need to get a thin magnet now, and I'm all set. Thanks y'all!

If anyone is interested, Seidio has a 20% off sale and free US shipping till Dec 27th. The code is DEC20
    geomun and Blacklatino like this.
    12-22-14 04:13 PM
    Nice! My bumper guard is still being traced by USPS.......while the screen protectors made it here from China a week early. The bumper guard was supposed to be here no later than the 12th. LOL.
    12-22-14 09:28 PM
    So I finally was allowed to have my phone and accessories last night!

You can see the holes I drilled for the noise suppression. Was a tad tedious, since the rubber inside didn't drill well. I ended up heating a small round file to clean it up.
    http://i723.photobucket.com/albums/w...ps36fb7c5b.jpg

Used a small pair of grooming scissors to remove the tag.
    http://i723.photobucket.com/albums/w...ps9d1529be.jpg

The pudding case is a tiny bit smaller, so it starts to clip in a little better, but neither case is an issue. This one already has a port for the suppression mics.
    http://i723.photobucket.com/albums/w...psdf285aeb.jpg

http://i723.photobucket.com/albums/w...ps03364af0.jpg

Overall I'm very happy with the surface case and holster combo! The bumper case feels a little odd in the hand, but I like the look a lot, so I'll try to acclimate. Need to get a thin magnet now, and I'm all set. Thanks y'all!

If anyone is interested, Seidio has a 20% off sale and free US shipping till Dec 27th. The code is DEC20
    I need to order one....soon. Probably tomorrow.

My new, old and still sexy Z30 on OS 1154 + Radio 1155 (~_*)
    12-22-14 10:28 PM

While these cases came with my Z30, I like your combo.
    Last edited by Blacklatino; 12-23-14 at 08:15 AM.
    12-23-14 01:10 AM
    For those interested in a holster for the OtterBox commuter case , the S5 Seidio Dilex holster is a good option.

The Dilex holster is slightly larger than the Surface holster.

More info can be found here http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=977795

Attachment 322644

Attachment 322645
    Last edited by JGUZEK; 12-23-14 at 03:34 PM.
    12-23-14 03:16 PM
    My z30 keeps falling out of the dilex holster so I can no longer recommend it, I should have purchased the smaller holster. My z30 just fell out and the screen shattered. This is the second time this year that the screen has shattered. Both times the phone popped out of the holster.

Posted via CB10 from my BlackBerry Z30
    Last edited by skm67; 12-22-16 at 09:32 PM.
    12-15-16 05:04 PM
    I bought my leather holster on ebay for $16 and it is the most durable well made case I have ever had. Look for holsters made for the Blackberry Leap and made in Poland. My Z30 has a blackberry case on it and it fits in the Blackberry Leap holster like a glove. Best purchase I ever made and I have dropped my phone a few time in the holster and not a scratch.
    01-29-17 05:58 PM
35 12