So I have been using a Z30 on AT&T for a few months now and the lack of real LTE in most places is really getting to me as I travel a lot and use the phone for business, navigation, Web, and document editing, etc. I tried Verizon a few weeks back and they could not get the wireless hot spot to work so I canceled within the 14 day trial and went back to AT&T. I have a share plan that the rest of the family was on so it was easy to switch back. Verizon swears they have resolved the issue and with my permission, they are sending me a new Z30 so I can give it another go. However, now that the passport seems imminent in a month or two, I am tempted to stick it out with AT&T and get this new device. Here is the issue, I don't have much hope that AT&T will carry it as with the Z30.

I do prefer AT&T to Verizon just due to simple loyalty as I have been with them since their Cingular days. I am out if contract with AT&T so I could upgrade if they carry it and if I switch to Verizon, I will be in contract but don't mind paying full price of it is a great phone..assuming Verizon decides to carry it.

Finally, I don't know if I really want to go back to a real keyboard as the virtual one on the 30 is so great. But I have not heard much about a successor to it as it seems like there has been a paucity of news on the rumored Z50 lately. A bunch of rambling here but I value the Crackberry Community's opinion and thought so I thought I would throw this out there for comment. Thanks to all in advance.

Kurt

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by BergerKing; 07-17-14 at 11:57 PM. Reason: readability edit
    07-17-14 11:54 PM
    Just wait until September when Passport is out and decide then.

Posted via CB10
    07-18-14 12:35 AM
    If you are using the 100-5 model, I'm sure you know it's completely compatible with t-mo's network. Of course, t-mo's network less expansive than the others.
    07-18-14 04:24 AM
    I have a z30 now and I will be buying a Passport on launch day. Z30 is an amazing device but something about the Passport has me drooling. Just looks like a better mobile device for everything...(Web browsing, typing, processor speeds, ram, new OS)

Just my thoughts, the form factor of the Passport is unique and I appreciate that too.

Z30 VZW
    07-18-14 08:35 AM
    I've had the Z30 since day one and didn't think I'd ever come back to a physical keyboard, since I've gone all touch since the 9860 and have gotten very good typing with it. But the more I see of the Passport the more I feel I NEED it.
    07-18-14 03:49 PM
    That's a tough decision. If you really need LTE, do T-Mobile month to month until the Passport is out. The STA100-5 is compatible with their LTE network.

BlackBerry may release the Passport in a few months, but who knows how long before a US carrier may take to stock it (if ever).

I suppose I'm suggesting that you solve for your immediate need for speed using your existing device, and decide what to do about the Passport when & if it becomes a reality.

Posted via CB10 using my Z30.
    07-18-14 06:58 PM
    Got the Passport. LOVE IT!
    bakron1 likes this.
    12-20-14 03:28 PM
    All touch vs Keyboard phone.. not a great comparison anyway..

But if you want the latest and greatest... Passport all the way...
    The best touch phone... undoubtedly the z30..

Make a choice whether you want to use a keyboard or not... the choice will become easier.

Posted via CB10 and my awesome Z30STA100-2/10.2.1.3442
    12-21-14 03:15 AM