Looking for help.
    • Just got my Z30 6 weeks ago.
    • Upgraded to Verizon 10.2.1 last week.
    • Loaded HBO GO through Snap last week.

After installing HBO GO, I follow the prompt to select my television provider, ATT Uverse. Then, almost immediately, I receive this error message: HBO GO login is temporarily not available on this device. Please try again later. We apologize for the inconvenience

I never even get so far as to enter my username and password. Any help appreciated. I've deleted and reloaded a couple of times. No difference whether on 4G or wireless.

I have verified the account is active by accessing HBO GO from other devices.

Thanks,
    Mike
    Last edited by mamitch; 03-24-14 at 05:28 PM. Reason: added detail about active account
    03-24-14 05:25 PM
    The xfinity app isn't working either. I got signed in and can browse but when I try to play or download a movie or anything poof it disappears.
    03-24-14 05:36 PM
    I just tried HBO GO on my Z30 (which I set up about a week ago) and it still works just fine. I'm accessing it through Cox Cable of San Diego.
    03-24-14 06:01 PM
    Hey Rickkel,
    Where did you get the app? Wondering if that makes a difference....
    03-24-14 06:32 PM
    Hey Rickkel,
    Where did you get the app? Wondering if that makes a difference....
    I downloaded it off of Snap.

Note that it very well might be your cable provider that is screwing with you. Back when I got my PlayBook, EPIX HD provided a very nice app for the device and it worked just fine with Cox Cable. Then all of a sudden, it stopped working. The app would open, then crash. I called Cox Cable and they told me they blocked the use of the app on the PlayBook! I asked if they did that on the iPad too and (of course) the answer was no. I threatened to cancel my service over this little incident and got free Showtime and a $20 credit off my bill for a year to keep me from ripping their throats out. I was so ticked off I couldn't belive they would do this - but they did.
    03-24-14 07:11 PM
    OP, if you are getting that msg it only means it's logged into too many devices. Need to log out of some of your devices or computer browsers to allow your Z30 in. I'm also using a Uverse account with HBOGo

Posted via CB10
    03-24-14 07:32 PM
    LOL, thanks for the tip. I'll call ATT Uverse. I have them on speed dial...
    03-24-14 08:28 PM
    Kobe, that's what I was thinking, but after not getting through on BB I was easily able to sign in with my notebook and my iPad...maybe those devices are already "registered" with HBOGO and there's a limit of the number of devices that can have access even if they are not logged on?
    03-24-14 08:31 PM
    The only two Android apps I'm really interested in getting on my Z30 are the Xfinity app and HBO GO. So do they work on the Z30? I'm with Comcast. Although, I wonder if I really need HBO GO if I have the Xfinity app?

Posted via CB10
    03-24-14 08:53 PM
    I sent and email to HBO and this is their response:

Thank you for your email. We apologize for the inconvenience; there is an issue which caused the problem that you experienced. We are investigating the issue and hope to have it resolved soon.

Thank you,
    The HBO GO Team

So.....I guess there is "an issue" (which I had sort of guessed). I just did not know what the issue was or how to fix it.
    03-24-14 10:05 PM
    Kobe, that's what I was thinking, but after not getting through on BB I was easily able to sign in with my notebook and my iPad...maybe those devices are already "registered" with HBOGO and there's a limit of the number of devices that can have access even if they are not logged on?
    HBOGO also works flawlessly through the BlackBerry browser if you enable flash in the browser settings, so does MaxGo

Posted via CB10
    03-25-14 08:04 AM
    I downloaded it off of Snap.

Note that it very well might be your cable provider that is screwing with you. Back when I got my PlayBook, EPIX HD provided a very nice app for the device and it worked just fine with Cox Cable. Then all of a sudden, it stopped working. The app would open, then crash. I called Cox Cable and they told me they blocked the use of the app on the PlayBook! I asked if they did that on the iPad too and (of course) the answer was no. I threatened to cancel my service over this little incident and got free Showtime and a $20 credit off my bill for a year to keep me from ripping their throats out. I was so ticked off I couldn't belive they would do this - but they did.
    This could possibly have serious implications for number of providers in the US. Anti-trust anybody?? Why would they block it on just one particular device? Is it some sort of agreement between the vendor (apple) and your cable provider? Such is why I am wary of the upcoming mergers between comcast and time warner, as well as of the comcast apple stream box currently on discussion. I am no conspiracy theorists but this has all the red flags. Also that damn merger between the big cable giants successfully slows down google's aspirations for faster, more reliable, and durable fiber optic systems throughout the US. These are worrisome developments indeed for the telecommunications industry and once again it will happen right under the public's nose.
    03-25-14 01:49 PM
    HBOGO also works flawlessly through the BlackBerry browser if you enable flash in the browser settings, so does MaxGo

Posted via CB10
    I can navigate the site on my Z30 and got the preview for season 4 of Game of Thrones to play, but could not get an actual episode to play. I could select an episode, but when it came time to play, nothing happens...

Posted via CB10
    03-25-14 02:44 PM
    Thanks to all for your comments and support!
    03-25-14 09:57 PM
    I just bought a z10 and I can't get the hbo go app to work. Wtf

Posted via CB10
    05-27-14 12:09 PM
    FWIW I have hit and miss success with apps that include media. For example the NBC Sports Live app force closes every time I try to play a hockey game.

For your sake I just downloaded the app through Snap, signed in with my DirecTV credentials - went to Season 4 Episode 7 of Game of Thrones and it's playing just fine on my Verizon Z30.

It does work on mine - saying that not for the nah nah factor - but to try and help you work out your troubles.
    05-27-14 01:21 PM
    Using Snap, I too just installed HBO on the Go and Showtime. I signed in using my Verizon Fios account info, and both apps worked flawlessly.

Posted via CB10
    05-27-14 08:35 PM
    Anyone have Comcast and ever get the xfinity app to work? It opens and is usable until you try to watch something then, poof, it's gone.
    05-28-14 07:52 AM
    Doesn't work on my Z10.
    HBO GO is permanently " temporarily not available"-img_20140528_085749.png

Posted via CB10
    05-28-14 08:01 AM