OK what's happening with my phone is that it changes its sound profile to "All alerts off" by itself, and I depend on my phone for work.

I'm not quite sure how the issue started, and I'm almost running out of ideas. I have only one idea left, and just I case it doesn't work I'm going to need your help.

IMO this issue started when I did the official 3175 OTA update. I already had the 3175 leak installed, so the update was only 5MB. Almost at the same time of the update I bought this bluetooth headphones (LG Tone+ something).

So, every now and then my phone would change profile to mute, for no apparent reason, and it used to happen a LOT when I had the bluetooth headphones, so I returned the headphones to the store because I thought that was the issue. So even after I returned the headphones the issue kept happening BUT not as often.
    So this is what I have done so far with no success:
    I wiped my phone, and did a restore after.
    Wiped my phone, and did a restore to an older backup
    I reinstalled an older Leak (can't recall the version) did a restore to old AND new backup, and nothing.
    Then finally, I wiped my phone clean, stayed with the 3175 leak started from scratch, no restore. PROBLEM STILL HAPPENING!!!!

So my last idea is that there is an app that is changing the profile somehow, so I'm going to wipe my phone again and install no apps, if it keeps happening after that I have no clue what's going on. In the mean time I would appreciate anyone's help. THANKS In advance.

Posted via CB10
    06-07-14 10:13 PM
    Yep something is affecting your profile state. Take it app by app and weed it out. Could it be a bluetooth peripheral altering your settings?

Posted via CB10
    06-07-14 10:55 PM
    The same has happened with my Z10. the phone was exchanged for a new one. I deliberately did not complete a restore in case there was an issue with a backup. Guess what? I've got the same issue and I have not installed half the apps I had before. both 3UK and BlackBerry have failed to come up with any solution.

Posted via CB10
    06-08-14 05:21 PM
    do you have a case pushing on the volume keys and the option to "always adjust media volume" off?

otherwise, I would do a wipe and then reload the official OS through the bb website and set up / install nothing to see what happens.
    06-08-14 05:40 PM
    do you have a case pushing on the volume keys and the option to "always adjust media volume" off?

otherwise, I would do a wipe and then reload the official OS through the bb website and set up / install nothing to see what happens.
    Already did that, and nothing pressing the volume buttons

From my lovely Z30
    06-08-14 07:47 PM
    The same has happened with my Z10. the phone was exchanged for a new one. I deliberately did not complete a restore in case there was an issue with a backup. Guess what? I've got the same issue and I have not installed half the apps I had before. both 3UK and BlackBerry have failed to come up with any solution.

Posted via CB10
    I'd hate to return it, but whatever solves issue I'm in

From my lovely Z30
    06-08-14 07:48 PM
    Yep something is affecting your profile state. Take it app by app and weed it out. Could it be a bluetooth peripheral altering your settings?

Posted via CB10
    Power tools is the only app I suspect it's causing the issue, nothing yet

From my lovely Z30
    06-08-14 07:49 PM
    Since you had a leaked version then did the OTA update, would it not be beneficial to backup your stuff, then reload the device to defaults to get all the updates OTA via official channels. See if the issue persists, if not then restore the backup. It may be something as simple as a variable went into an unknown state when changing from version to version.
    06-08-14 08:55 PM
    Power tools is the only app I suspect it's causing the issue, nothing yet

From my lovely Z30
    Are you suspecting the profile changing feature of power tools?

Posted via CB10 with Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.3175
    06-09-14 09:26 AM
    Are you suspecting the profile changing feature of power tools?

Posted via CB10 with Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.3175
    Hey, TRUST me, power tools is one of my favorite apps, its too useful. But jesus, I need my phone to work properly
    06-09-14 04:54 PM
    UPDATE:
    Apparently the issue is gone I THINK.
    I did a Factory reset with link, and I didn't restore :'( Started from scratch
    06-09-14 04:59 PM
    UPDATE:
    Apparently the issue is gone I THINK.
    I did a Factory reset with link, and I didn't restore :'( Started from scratch
    that's the best way to start. no baggage.
    06-09-14 09:19 PM