Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 63
Like Tree6Likes
  1. bbdodgersdude's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    254 Posts
    Global Posts
    260 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

    Default Group texting

    Everytime, I send a group text or reply to a group text my friends get them as a individual text. How can I fix this?

    Posted via CB10
  2. jayodin10's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    101 Posts
    #2  

    Default

    Talk to your service provider - have it enabled and subscribe to it

    Posted via BlackBerry Z10 ST1 - I mean really!
    Thanked by:
    bbdodgersdude (07-13-2014) 
  3. bbdodgersdude's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    254 Posts
    Global Posts
    260 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jayodin10 View Post
    Talk to your service provider - have it enabled and subscribe to it

    Posted via BlackBerry Z10 ST1 - I mean really!
    When I use my back up phone. A iPhone 5s it's works. I love z30 more. But would like to fix this group texting thing. I did call my service provider they said it's a BlackBerry 10 problem.

    Posted via CB10
  4. SirSti23's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    141 Posts
    #4  

    Default

    Go to hub hit more, then settings, text messages, advanced, send text - only messages change it to automatic. See if that helps.
    Group texting-img_20140713_043859.png

    Posted via CB10
    Thanked by:
    bbdodgersdude (07-13-2014) 
    saxxman likes this.
  5. ediggity's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    676 Posts
    PIN
    preguntame
    #5  

    Default

    ^^^Sorry that is not the answer. I've had it set that way since day one and they still get them individually just as the OP mentioned. I'm not sure where to go from here either..

    Posted from that new Z30
  6. BKA22's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    423 Posts
    #6  

    Default

    Yea I was having this same issue when I would try to group txt with my daughters. I tried to get them to use BBM but that didn't work out too well. I finally just gave in and download KIK which they both were already using.

    Z10
  7. Back2Black's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    190 Posts
    #7  

    Default

    I believe you have to make sure that you have check off the box to enable group conversation! Hope that helps
    [ATTACH]284710[/ATTACH
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Group texting-img_20140713_085552.png  
    Thanked by:
    bbdodgersdude (07-13-2014) 
  8. Genghis2k3's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    226 Posts
    #8  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Back2Black View Post
    I believe you have to make sure that you have check off the box to enable group conversation! Hope that helps
    [ATTACH]284710[/ATTACH
    This is also what works for me. I've never had an issue with this box checked.
  9. BKA22's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    423 Posts
    #9  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Genghis2k3 View Post
    This is also what works for me. I've never had an issue with this box checked.
    Even when I had that checked I would get replies back as individual txts instead of into a group.

    Z10
  10. Back2Black's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    190 Posts
    #10  

    Default

    Well then maybe you should try searching on youtube.com for an answer
  11. bbdodgersdude's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    254 Posts
    Global Posts
    260 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #11  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Back2Black View Post
    Well then maybe you should try searching on youtube.com for an answer
    Yes did that and also search Google. But no right answer to fix it.

    Anyway thanks everyone for trying to help

    Posted via CB10
  12. Bobert_123's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,928 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,048 Global Posts
    #12  

    Default

    Yeah same issue. when I am included in a group chat as well as when I start the group chat...


    Posted via CB10
    Sent from my Z30, Z10, or a soon to be BB10 PlayBook

    -BlackBerry Curve 8530 (Virgin Mobile) -BlackBerry Bold 9900 (T-Mobile) -BlackBerry PlayBook 64 gig -BlackBerry Z10 (T-Mobile) -BlackBerry Z30 WHITE (Unlocked)
  13. SirSti23's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    141 Posts
    #13  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ediggity View Post
    ^^^Sorry that is not the answer. I've had it set that way since day one and they still get them individually just as the OP mentioned. I'm not sure where to go from here either..

    Posted from that new Z30
    Have you tried switching it to mms?

    Posted via CB10
  14. leehardballer12's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    600 Posts
    Global Posts
    603 Global Posts
    PIN
    333A6FE4
    #14  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BKA22 View Post
    Even when I had that checked I would get replies back as individual txts instead of into a group.

    Z10
    It's worked for me, but I have gotten messages back as single replies. Some people just don't like group texting and won't reply to the group text but rather reply individually. And some people just don't know how to set their phones up to reply to group texts. People want all this choice, but can't figure out how to take advantage of the choices provided.
  15. jayodin10's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    101 Posts
    #15  

    Default

    Either ways, it costs the same - as a single message or 1 message per group contact

    Posted via BlackBerry Z10 ST1 - I mean really!
  16. bbdodgersdude's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    254 Posts
    Global Posts
    260 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #16  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by leehardballer12 View Post
    It's worked for me, but I have gotten messages back as single replies. Some people just don't like group texting and won't reply to the group text but rather reply individually. And some people just don't know how to set their phones up to reply to group texts. People want all this choice, but can't figure out how to take advantage of the choices provided.
    my friends reply to me individually because they get my group message as a individually text so when they hit reply it only goes to me. Yup even with all the advantage choices option check for group texting. When I am not using a BlackBerry z30, I got no problem with group texting. Only happens with my BlackBerry z30.

    Posted via CB10
  17. evan_2k's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    107 Posts
    #17  

    Default

    Setting it to "MMS only" fixed that issue for me. Try that.

    Posted via CB10
    Thanked by:
    bbdodgersdude (07-13-2014) 
  18. bobshine's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,845 Posts
    #18  

    Default

    Group texting only works with
    MMS. Make sure you have an MMS plan, and that you daughters has MMS plans, and that everyone has it enabled.

    Posted via CB10
  19. jm7000's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    54 Posts
    #19  

    Default

    Yes, it is a BB10 problem. Texting on BB10 is poorly implemented. Don't listen to anyone who on here who says it's your carrier or your settings. It is a problem that needs to be addressed by BlackBerry.

    Posted via CB10
    bbdodgersdude likes this.
  20. leehardballer12's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    600 Posts
    Global Posts
    603 Global Posts
    PIN
    333A6FE4
    #20  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bbdodgersdude View Post
    my friends reply to me individually because they get my group message as a individually text so when they hit reply it only goes to me. Yup even with all the advantage choices option check for group texting. When I am not using a BlackBerry z30, I got no problem with group texting. Only happens with my BlackBerry z30.

    Posted via CB10
    When I get a group text, I sometimes choose to reply to the individual rather than get a few "Who is this" texts from the other participants. I don't know if it's a BB10 issue or user issue, but I learned my lessons about mass texts on BBOS and had the same issues until I figured out how to handle them, so I tend to think it's not an OS problem. Look, I receive group texts quite often from team managers who don't want to text the same message 15 times. When I reply to the group message, it is separate from any individual messages I may have with the sender. Also any responses to the group message show up in the original thread. I think many people don't get how it works and respond individually instead of to the group....but anyone who makes it work must be lying...
  21. leehardballer12's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    600 Posts
    Global Posts
    603 Global Posts
    PIN
    333A6FE4
    #21  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by leehardballer12 View Post
    When I get a group text, I sometimes choose to reply to the individual rather than get a few "Who is this" texts from the other participants. I don't know if it's a BB10 issue or user issue, but I learned my lessons about mass texts on BBOS and had the same issues until I figured out how to handle them, so I tend to think it's not an OS problem. Look, I receive group texts quite often from team managers who don't want to text the same message 15 times. When I reply to the group message, it is separate from any individual messages I may have with the sender. Also any responses to the group message show up in the original thread. I think many people don't get how it works and respond individually instead of to the group. I think a lot of it has to do with how the original sender sets it up...but anyone who makes it work must be lying...
  22. bobshine's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,845 Posts
    #22  

    Default

    Group texting-img_20140713_232452.png

    You should get this confirmation when you send a group message

    Posted via CB10
    Thanked by:
    bbdodgersdude (07-14-2014) 
    Genghis2k3 likes this.
  23. bbdodgersdude's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    254 Posts
    Global Posts
    260 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #23  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jm7000 View Post
    Yes, it is a BB10 problem. Texting on BB10 is poorly implemented. Don't listen to anyone who on here who says it's your carrier or your settings. It is a problem that needs to be addressed by BlackBerry.

    Posted via CB10
    Hopefully it gets fix soon!

    Posted via CB10
  24. austriker's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,179 Posts
    #24  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SirSti23 View Post
    Go to hub hit more, then settings, text messages, advanced, send text - only messages change it to automatic. See if that helps.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140713_043859.png 
Views:	902 
Size:	51.0 KB 
ID:	284701

    Posted via CB10
    Thanks. Mine was set to sms. Switching to auto now.

    Also I hate how poorly the BlackBerry handles group sms. Mostly I blame iOS but still..

    White Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.1925 = heaven.
    Moto Rokr E1 > Moto SLVR > Pantech Duo > HTC G1 > Blackberry Bold 9700 > Bold 9900 > HTC G2 & BB 9000 > Z10 > Q10 > White Z30
    Tmobile USA - Prepaid $30 per month! (100 min, 5GB at 4G/LTE, unlmtd sms) + VoIP
    Join dropbox for free cloud storage

    Don't Panic
  25. bobshine's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,845 Posts
    #25  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jm7000 View Post
    Yes, it is a BB10 problem. Texting on BB10 is poorly implemented. Don't listen to anyone who on here who says it's your carrier or your settings. It is a problem that needs to be addressed by BlackBerry.

    Posted via CB10
    Not sure how accurate that is cause there is tons of thread of android users not being able to group message with iPhone users. Haven't had the chance to read them but i'm willing to bet the issue lies in the settings of the iPhone

    Posted via CB10
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. How to delete "text contact" in contacts.
    By ZedBee in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-14-2014, 10:48 PM
  2. Can't find saved text messages
    By CrackBerry Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-12-2014, 09:19 PM
  3. BBM group pictures cropped at the bottom?!
    By MistahMan in forum General BBM Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-12-2014, 01:09 PM
  4. Sending website links via text, bbm issue
    By Platinum_2 in forum BlackBerry Z10
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-11-2014, 09:35 PM
  5. BBM Group
    By CrackBerry Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-11-2014, 03:02 PM

Posting Permissions