Just got a z30 last Friday. I was a little skeptical that it would be the best device for me since I had been using the q10 since it launched because the z10 battery would not Las through the day.

Now, I have to admit I haven't touched my ipad since I got the z30. So that's a good sign. My only big complain is the weight. It's heavy after a while. And I dropped it and scratch a corner of the aluminium bezel but that's my fault. Thickness is OK, dimensions are a little bulky but in the overall I'm happy with the z30.

I also own an iPhone 5s which I think will end up on ebay soon. In termes of how sturdy the iPhone is vs the z30. I think I search the back of my iPhone just looking at it.

It's amazing how much improvement BlackBerry has made to the z30 vs the z10 in terms of battery life and screen quality. (I now the dpi is lower but the colors look richer).

Thanks

Alex

Posted via CB10
    menshawy, sharma6, R Field and 4 others like this.
    05-27-14 06:21 AM
    awesome glad you are enjoying it. it truly is the best phone blackberry has made.
    05-27-14 06:27 AM
    I sold my ipad air not long after I got the z30.

Posted via CB10
    05-27-14 07:15 AM
    My case too was similar to you. Bought Q10 because of battery life, enjoyed it thoroughly. However when saw Z30, the extra screen real estate tempted me to move to the big berry.

Only thing I miss from Q10 is keyboard shortcuts.

Disappointed by the low light performance of the camera from both the phones.

However enjoying the the phone otherwise.
    05-27-14 09:47 AM
    It's not an aluminium bezel: it's magnesium...

:-P
    05-28-14 05:43 PM
    The z30 screen is a big deal for me, but I can't swap my Q10... physical keyboard is so much important.
    I need a z30 with a slider keyboard !

Posted via my French Q10
    BB_Junky, brotherjus and mctapt like this.
    05-28-14 05:55 PM
    I go back and forth between my Q10 and my Z30. I just love how much more faster I can type on the Q10. And way less spelling and grammatical errors on the Q10 as well.

Posted Via my ? Q10 ?
    05-28-14 06:01 PM
    Grab a really simple case off eBay or something. Just having a case around it seems to make it a little easier to hold on to.

Z30 Fido
    05-28-14 06:48 PM
    Welcome to Z30 land!

I tried a Q10 for 2 weeks and that was enough. It's a great phone in many ways, just not for me.

Posted from my Z30 via CB10
    05-28-14 06:58 PM
    I have both, as well, and find that I can type much, much faster on the Z30 with the flick than I can on my q10. I never really got to the point of strong muscle memory for typing on my old bold or torch, though I touch type on regular keyboards. I just find that the z30 really let's me fly! Of course the auto correct can be a real pain sometimes.

Tapped and flicked from my BlackBerry Z30!
    LuisCast likes this.
    05-29-14 07:36 AM
    My sister has been using the PlayBook at home when she was still using the Q10. I doubt she would touch it now that she's using the Z30. I know what you meant about using the Z30 and not missing the Q10 but there are a lot of folks still love the Q10.
    05-29-14 07:06 PM
    Just got a z30 last Friday. I was a little skeptical that it would be the best device for me since I had been using the q10 since it launched because the z10 battery would not Las through the day.

Now, I have to admit I haven't touched my ipad since I got the z30. So that's a good sign. My only big complain is the weight. It's heavy after a while. And I dropped it and scratch a corner of the aluminium bezel but that's my fault. Thickness is OK, dimensions are a little bulky but in the overall I'm happy with the z30.

I also own an iPhone 5s which I think will end up on ebay soon. In termes of how sturdy the iPhone is vs the z30. I think I search the back of my iPhone just looking at it.

It's amazing how much improvement BlackBerry has made to the z30 vs the z10 in terms of battery life and screen quality. (I now the dpi is lower but the colors look richer).

Thanks

Alex

Posted via CB10
    hello, you have switch from Q10 to Z30, so i would like to know what is the battery difference do you found in both the device, which device last in terms of Battery and your personal experince using Z30...

thanks
    05-30-14 10:05 AM
    It's not an aluminium bezel: it's magnesium...

:-P
    It's not magnesium, it's plastic, badly painted at that. I know, I chipped mine multiple times.

Posted via CB10
    05-30-14 04:02 PM
    I never had the q but had a z10 before the z30. I cannot believe the battery life difference. I go all day 6 am to 9pm and still have 40% remaining most nights. That is with mod to heavy usage for work. It's a beast! Z10 needed a charge after 2pm because it would be down to 20%

Posted via CB10
    05-30-14 09:24 PM
    My Z30 is on its way to me right now. I can't wait to get it! The person from I'm getting it from already had a screen protector on it and he's throwing in a case or 2. I'm stoked! I've been perusing the Z30 forums for the past few days. I'm on a Q10 now and have used every OS that has been released or leaked. What's the best OS so far to use on the Z30 thus far?

Posted via CB10
    05-31-14 12:20 AM

Thanks

Alex

Posted via CB10
    cuz the Q10 is awesome!!! Nothing can replace the convience of the phsycial keys and short cuts and speed dial. Also, nothing feels more satisfying then pounding out a text on a flawless keyboard.
    05-31-14 12:48 AM
    The lack of defense for the Q10 really shows berry is dieing...and soon will be software for BES only type of company. maybe john chen is doing the wrong thing buy saying hes focusing most on all QWERTY phones.

If the Q10 had a bigger batter and a nice 4.5 inch screen it would be a no brainer. NOOOOne.
    05-31-14 12:52 AM
    The hybrid 10.3 seems perfect with z30.. been using mine for a week and don't got any big issue yet. Will stick with this 10.3 for a while.. I don't want turning back to 10.2.1. And sorry for my broken English..

Posted via CB10
    05-31-14 01:14 AM
    Just swapped over from Z10 which I have been using from launch last year , and absolutely love the Z30. Faster, easier to view documents and Web pages and the battery life is totally unbelievable, reminds me of my Bold 9700 battery life.
    05-31-14 04:56 AM
    I just got my Z30 moments ago. Which of the 10.3 OS's is best for the Z30?

Posted via CB10
    06-03-14 11:03 AM
    The lack of defense for the Q10 really shows berry is dieing...and soon will be software for BES only type of company. maybe john chen is doing the wrong thing buy saying hes focusing most on all QWERTY phones.

If the Q10 had a bigger batter and a nice 4.5 inch screen it would be a no brainer. NOOOOne.
    Sounds like the new Q30. Will be very interested to take that phone for a spin.

Posted via CB10 on Z30
    06-04-14 12:06 AM

Thanks

Alex

Posted via CB10
    I agree with you about the screen. Lcd vs super amoled is very different. The brightness of Lcd is missed sometimes, but the blacks of super amoled are awesome.

Posted via CB10 on Z30
    06-04-14 12:16 AM
    At work every time I play a stereo sound, video or music on my z30 people say 'wtf phone is that..best phone sound ever!

Posted via CB10
    Banco likes this.
    06-04-14 02:28 AM
    Have a Z10, Z30, Q10. Unquestionably, the z30 is the most polished and beautiful. Which do I use? The Q10. It is soooo much faster for me. I message and email in paragraphs, and auto correct on the Z30 wastes so much time. So many errors.
    I get so tired of people emailing with (please excuse the typos from my mobile device) on their signature. The real keyboard on the Q10 makes all the difference!

Posted via CB10
    06-04-14 09:32 AM
    Have a Z10, Z30, Q10. Unquestionably, the z30 is the most polished and beautiful. Which do I use? The Q10. It is soooo much faster for me. I message and email in paragraphs, and auto correct on the Z30 wastes so much time. So many errors.
    I get so tired of people emailing with (please excuse the typos from my mobile device) on their signature. The real keyboard on the Q10 makes all the difference!

Posted via CB10
    Couldn't agree more!! I have all 3 and have been on the Q10 now for three weeks went back to the Z30 and the spelling mistakes and grammatical errors happens way more on my Z30. I'm a heavy user of email and BBM so the keyboard is way better for me.

Posted Via my ? Q10 ?
    06-04-14 10:13 AM
31 12