My Z30 is of no bloody use to me with low or no signals. It keeps disconnecting after every 5 minutes. Fix this thing it's only the BlackBerry z30 in my house that is facing this problem. I'm losing patience now common fix it.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-15 04:45 PM
    I feel you, my friend.

My Passport has wi-fi issues too and it's still not fixed.
    03-30-15 04:51 PM
    Have either of you tried reloading through BlackBerry link without restoring from a backup?
    For real.
    03-30-15 05:10 PM
    Have you tried testing your phone on a different WiFi setup other than your own?

Posted via CB10
    03-30-15 06:05 PM
    It has been spotty here since 10.3. But the last two days it's been disabling constantly...

Posted via CB10
    03-31-15 08:56 AM
    No. Would that help?

Posted via CB10
    03-31-15 02:43 PM
    Are you using 2.4GHz or 5GHz?

Posted via CB10
    03-31-15 03:17 PM
    Have you tried rebooting your wifi router to see if it fixes the issue at least temporarily?

My dd-wrt custom build starts to behave shaky sometimes and it causes z10 to reconnect. I didn't track the cause down but rebooting the router helps for a month or so.

Posted via CB10
    03-31-15 03:52 PM
    To add to my previous post, I noticed that my dd-wrt router starts to send EAPOL authentication commands which causes Z10 to reconnect every 3-5 minutes. If I reboot the router then no EAPOL packets are sent for a month. Not sure who's fault it is.

Posted via CB10
    03-31-15 04:39 PM
    Try using 2.4ghz. I found my 5 ghz connection drops out all the time. Shame cause its noticeably faster

Posted via CB10
    03-31-15 04:41 PM
    To add to my previous post, I noticed that my dd-wrt router starts to send EAPOL authentication commands which causes Z10 to reconnect every 3-5 minutes. If I reboot the router then no EAPOL packets are sent for a month. Not sure who's fault it is.

Posted via CB10
    Do you have a wireless capture of the association, 4-way handshake, and the disconnect?

If it's happening 3-5 minutes, it means its passing the 4-way handshake. Generally, the default group rekey time is 10 minutes or 60 minutes. I'd recommend 60 minutes for less problems.

So if its happening every 3-5 minutes, it will be bad decryption or lack of ACK's makes the AP thinks the client is gone and kicks it.

You guys know you have logs you can collect? Trying to solve wireless problems without experiments, captures and tests is pretty difficult. Your post is the first one to actually not be useless.
    03-31-15 06:35 PM
    You're holding it wrong. [Runs away from the villagers brandishing pitchforks and torches]

Seriously though, ya gotta help us out here by listing your troubleshooting steps. Read up on WiFi connection problems related to the router you have -- because it's guaranteed that someone some where posted about issues. If nothing else, it will be useful for getting familiar with the technology and under score the realization that this stuff isn't quite like plugging in a toaster.

Bring back random taglines!
    kbz1960 likes this.
    03-31-15 08:05 PM
    I think I'll just buy a line extender

Posted via CB10
    04-03-15 11:04 AM
    BlackBerry obviously doesn't care. We see this by them refusing to acknowledge the problem and resolve it. This has been the problem since 10.3.0. leaks and they just ignored it.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-15 11:26 AM
    I don't think they will resolve this anytime soon. I just don't see it happening. Will an extender help you got any idea?

Posted via CB10
    04-03-15 11:32 AM
    I think it might help, because I usually do not have interference and lost signal as long as I'm near the router.

This is obviously the software issue, because I have never experienced so bad WiFi signal strength while using previous 10.2. builds. However, since I upgraded to 10.3 (numerous builds - official as well as leaks) this issue occurred and persisted.

Posted via CB10
    Croberry1989 likes this.
    04-03-15 01:53 PM
    I have Wifi problems since the beginning. The connection is not stable. It works for a month and you almost forget about it. Then you wake up, you end the sleep mode of your z10 and here we go again! It comes and goes...now I'm searching the forums again to see if there is something new...needless! Seems BlackBerry just doesn't care anymore...I am tired of this!

Posted via CB10
    04-04-15 06:17 AM
    To put this WiFi issue in perspective, I have a MS Surface Pro, i.e., the original tablet. Ever so often, it drops ALL connectivity, i.e., W/L LAN and BT; it's no fun.

MS has acknowledged the issue. Its solution? Replace the unit. I haven't yet, as I've heard horror stories of folks getting dinged up replacements - with the malfunction still present. I guess the issue isn't that horrible for me - yet.

My Z30's WiFi is definitely not as good as my Android's, but it's not horrific and it works.

The moral? No matter how big or rich the company, sometimes they just can't fix an issue and plays to the warranty running out!

Posted via CB10
    04-04-15 07:52 PM