Hi,
    I have gone through as many posts as I can and searched the web also. Gmail will not fully activate on my Z30. Only the calendar and contacts do. Whenever I add the account either through just entering my email address (which brings you to the google account login screen) or manually with the advanced, it gets to the same spot where it displays "This app would like to:" View and manage your mail, Manage your calendars, View and manage your contacts using the CardDAV protocol. I click accept. It goes through then shows Description as Gmail and I can choose to sync Email, Contacts and Calendar.

I click done and it goes through the Saving and verifying email settings, Saving and verifying your contact settings and then comes up with " At this time your email account can't be added. Please try again later." I click okay and all I'm left with is my gmail contact and gmail calendar.

Email never seems to finish. I've been trying every day for over a week now and it still won't work. I've even gone into Advanced settings and gone through the imap settings. Everything is correct. I also have enabled imap in my gmail settings. For now I have paid for and installed a gmail app which works fine, but isn't as convenient as having it coming into the HUB.

Thanks for any sort of direction,

Phil
    01-03-14 04:21 PM
    Kinda weird... do you have any other email accounts set up on your device? Doesn't seem to be any issues with GMail now according to the status dashboard.

Apps Status Dashboard
    01-03-14 04:26 PM
    If you have two step authentication and I suspect you do, you need to log into the account on your pc and get a verification code for the phone. If you search the forums for the two step authentication you will get more information.

Posted via CB10
    01-03-14 04:26 PM
    If you have two step authentication and I suspect you do, you need to log into the account on your pc and get a verification code for the phone. If you search the forums for the two step authentication you will get more information.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for your replies
    Time Lord - Yes I have shaw mail set up no issues and the gmail app I purchased from Blackberry world works fine.
    CrackBerry Master - I don't have 2 step authentication enabled

Thanks for trying
    01-03-14 04:47 PM
    This is where I pour a stiff one, go to bed, get a fresh look in the morning and try to reconnect again. With pure blind luck I will probably get logged in. Technology does not always make sense.

Posted via CB10
    01-03-14 04:52 PM
    I have set my Gmail using separate Cardav and caldav and email. I have been able to bring all 27k emails and it is able to search. It took over 30 hours to fully sync. There is a how to set up Gmail if you search Crackberry ND it worked perfectly whereas setting up through advanced options did not. Good luck.
    01-03-14 05:23 PM
    Nope no go. If you're referring to the article about how to set up email using imap and cardav and caldav for contact and calendar, tried that too with no luck. All I get when I do it that way is "the server imap.gmail.com for your account is not responding. Please check your settings and try again. I've been through the settings so many times.
    Thanks for trying
    Phil
    01-03-14 05:35 PM
    Yup mine did that too. After three or four times it worked.
    01-03-14 07:41 PM
    So there is hope for me

Posted via CB10
    01-03-14 07:47 PM
    Okay strike me silly. After 3 times it worked!!! Thanks for telling me to keep trying.

Posted via CB10
    01-03-14 07:53 PM
    Funniest thing is it will never do it again. Go figure? Enjoy the Z.
    01-03-14 10:15 PM
    Glad it got going after several retries. Per my last post (its now morning here, CAT) and I just woke up so your stuff is now working lol.

STL 100-1 OS 10.2.1.1925
    01-03-14 10:59 PM