Has anyone else noticed? During quiet passages either in Audible (Android App) or bPod (Native App), I can hear a radio station. I'm playing the audio through the Z30 headphone jack and into an AZUR amplifier. When I first noticed this, I thought it was due to noise from outside my window. I've since confirmed the sound does come from the speakers connected to the amplifier. I haven't been able to identify the radio station's FM frequency, but it is definitely a radio station (and not the one I've last tuned to - 88.1, CBC Radio 1 Vancouver).

Posted via CB10
    06-03-14 07:54 PM
    I had not noticed that.
    06-08-14 05:23 PM
    Does it also get radio station interference if you're playing music from the Z30, rather than streaming through an app?

Posted via CB10
    06-08-14 07:37 PM
    Do you live near a transmission tower for a local FM station? I had someone complain their PC that they PC was broken and when I disconnected their speaks the speakers still picked up the radio station. All I said was that **** is going through your head...move.

Posted via CB10
    06-09-14 08:56 AM
    Does it also get radio station interference if you're playing music from the Z30, rather than streaming through an app?

Posted via CB10
    I don't usually play music. However, Audible and bPod don't stream. They play from a locally stored file. So that would be the same as playing music.

Posted via CB10
    06-09-14 05:39 PM
    Do you live near a transmission tower for a local FM station?

Posted via CB10
    No, transmitters are many miles away.

Posted via CB10
    06-09-14 05:40 PM
    I don't usually play music. However, Audible and bPod don't stream. They play from a locally stored file. So that would be the same as playing music.

Posted via CB10
    Understood. Well, my Z30 doesn't seems to have this issue with the native music app or Neutron. I wonder, do you have a bluetooth device you could try that connects to your stereo to see if that also bleeds a radio station?

Posted via CB10
    06-09-14 06:37 PM
    Understood. Well, my Z30 doesn't seems to have this issue with the native music app or Neutron. I wonder, do you have a bluetooth device you could try that connects to your stereo to see if that also bleeds a radio station?

Posted via CB10
    I don't have a BT device that could receive from the Z30 and then output via a headset jack to the receiver. However, I do have Neutron on my Z30 and will try playing an audio file to see if I can still hear the radio during quiet passages.

Posted via CB10
    06-10-14 05:34 PM
    I had this issue many, many, many years ago (like, windows 98 era). When I used headphones I could hear the faint chatter of people. As I was on Dialup I thought it was people's phone calls, but I believe it might be to do with the actual cable. The Z30 uses the headphones as an FM Antenna, so it's somewhat plausable?

Posted via CB10
    06-11-14 04:07 AM
    Other possibilities:
    • You or someone near you has a "rebroadcaster" on some device, such as a satellite radio receiver or home wireless audio system, and it is causing the interference.
    • While the main radio transmitter tower may been many miles away, a local repeater may be much closer.
    • Your amp and speaker are not shielded enough and are acting as a simple AM/FM receiver, bleeding the radio station audio, try and get some ferrite chokes for the cables. Try putting the amp in a different area of your home to see if the interference increases or decreases.
    saint613 likes this.
    06-11-14 07:22 AM
    Other possibilities:
    • ...try and get some ferrite chokes for the cables.
    Good idea. I will give this a try and let you know. (I'm out of town, so it will be a week before I can report back.) Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    06-12-14 10:22 PM
    I had this issue many, many, many years ago (like, windows 98 era). When I used headphones I could hear the faint chatter of people. As I was on Dialup I thought it was people's phone calls, but I believe it might be to do with the actual cable. The Z30 uses the headphones as an FM Antenna, so it's somewhat plausable?

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, that's what I wad thinking. Possible bleed through of the Z30 FM receiver due to the audio out also being used as an antenna. Is it possible....?

Posted via CB10
    06-15-14 12:45 AM