When I post to the BlackBerry Twitter app through the Hub, I no longer have all my hash tags saved on the keyboard. I used to type in the # and all my tags were all over the keyboard now I press # and nothing pops up. If I do a hashtag once and then I hit the # I see the last one but does not save them anymore. Next time I tweet it's not there.

It was so easy to add hashtags when tweeting a couple weeks ago and now I have to type it all the way out. I have even tried the tag three times to see if it was saved. Nope not there.

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    10-03-15 08:32 AM
    Any changes to your system or apps? New OS? New apps?

Have you rebooted?

Try a restart:

Press and HOLD both Vol Up/Down buttons. Keep holding while the screen goes fully black (ignore the screenshot), keep holding through the Black/White logo and when the Colored Logo shows up, release those buttons.

If you have a Z10: If you have the STL100-1 variant the volume button reset method doesn't work. In that case, Press and HOLD the Power On Button until you see the LOGO as above
    10-03-15 10:27 AM
    Still doesn't save all my hash tags for Facebook and Twitter. For some odd reason recently used hash tags do not come up on my screen on the keyboard after hitting "#".

Posted via CB10
    10-07-15 06:26 AM
    I stop using the BB version and went with the Android version of Twitter. It works just fine.

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk
    10-07-15 06:58 AM
    I don't see what changing Twitter apps has to do with the OPs predictive text problem. That's an OS issue, not an app issue.

Mine started doing the same thing after the last update. I lost a number of custom predictive text words, regardless of where I was using them and the phone won't relearn new ones. Very frustrating.

Posted via CB10
    baspeed likes this.
    10-07-15 07:28 AM
    Thank you for confirming what I posted. I was in BBM message and I typed something #usefulidiots and it will save it here but when I hit send leave message and come back no more #usefulidiots. I have to type out the whole hash tag.

I'm glad it's not just me. May I ask are you on Verizon rotorwrench? I see why Verizon was the last to get this update. They refused to push it on us. It's a conspiracy to get us to buy the new Priv. I wonder if it will have all the options the BlackBerry does on its keyboard. It better.

I don't see what changing Twitter apps has to do with the OPs predictive text problem. That's an OS issue, not an app issue.

Mine started doing the same thing after the last update. I lost a number of custom predictive text words, regardless of where I was using them and the phone won't relearn new ones. Very frustrating.

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    10-07-15 05:25 PM
    Yes, I am on VZW. Not sure if there's a conspiracy or not but it's very frustrating. I had a lot of technical words and other work related terms, not to mention a large number of hashtags in my predictive text that are no longer available. If it is a conspiracy on VZW's part, it won't work, I have no interest in the Priv.

Posted via CB10
    10-09-15 07:35 AM
    For the record....the conspiracy thing was just a joke.

I love my BlackBerry 10 but good chance I may try the Priv.

Posted via CB10
    10-10-15 10:48 AM
    I thought you were joking but I didn't want to be rude in case you really believed that lol.

Posted via CB10
    10-10-15 10:42 PM
    Is this a Verizon problem only or is this problem with all versions?

Posted via CB10
    10-13-15 05:56 AM
    I have no idea. I have seen earlier threads with complaints of losing learned words in predictive text.

Posted via CB10
    10-13-15 07:17 AM
    This has also happened to my Verizon Z30 since the 10.3.2 update. I used to have a bunch of unique words and hashtags and all of them were removed. And like your phone, mine won't learn those unique words again. Is there any update that fixes this issue??
    10-20-15 05:19 PM
    This has also happened to my Verizon Z30 since the 10.3.2 update. I used to have a bunch of unique words and hashtags and all of them were removed. And like your phone, mine won't learn those unique words again. Is there any update that fixes this issue??
    And no one cares. That's what makes me angry. BlackBerry is supposed to be efficient but having to type out full hash tags makes me lagggggg

Posted via CB10
    10-20-15 07:14 PM
    Anyone know if this is a Verizon thing or everyone thing?

Posted via CB10
    10-21-15 04:20 PM
    Fixed

I just cleared my saved words twice. The second time I did this it fixed it. Now I have my hash tags and it can type again.

Posted via CB10
    FF22 and m3mb3rsh1p like this.
    11-12-15 06:20 AM
    Good for you! I'll try myself.

Posted via CB10
    11-12-15 07:44 AM
    Good for you! I'll try myself.

Posted via CB10
    Let me know if it fixes it for you. I was having a hard time using my device without this feature working.

Posted via CB10
    11-12-15 08:06 AM
    Will do.

Posted via CB10
    11-12-15 01:37 PM
    Works as good as new. I did two 'Clear Remembered Words ' in a row and tried it. Great find!

Posted via CB10
    baspeed likes this.
    11-12-15 01:46 PM
    I think I may of found out why some of us lose our save words in our BlackBerry dictionary. I did a soft reset last night for no good reason and now my remembered dictionary is gone. I'm back to when I type in "travis" I get "travel"

I guess I have to clear all saved words again and start over.

Grrr

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by baspeed; 12-17-15 at 04:24 PM.
    12-17-15 08:18 AM
    Not sure about that, I do soft resets once or twice a week and have never lost the saved words. The one time it happened to me was between resets, but the "clear learned words " followed by a soft reset brought them back. I also do a hard reset every couple of weeks to clear the cobwebs so to speak and never lost them there either.

I lost mine again last weekend out of the blue, but got them right back again after the clear and reset. I'm really not sure yet what causes that. Aside from that one anomaly my Z30 hasn't had any quirks or bugs to complain of, knock on wood.

Posted via CB10
    12-18-15 12:47 AM
    It appears I don't lose everything I have saved but the predictive things my phone has learned seam to get lost. Like all my hash tags for Twitter, it's so nice to type in "#" and have six hash tags you use show on the screen to flick up.

I'm wondering if I load the latest leaked OS or just wipe my phone clean if it fixes this issue for my Verizon Z30. Really stinks to have to start over and teach my phone how I type. Sux

Posted via CB10
    12-18-15 05:46 AM