So I went to a Verizon store hoping to finally see the Z30 in person and there it was! It's definitely not an ugly phone,the silver chin doesn't look cheap and the back is awesome. It didn't weigh that much more than my Z, it was a little big due to the bezels, but not a deal breaker at all. The keyboard is way better on that 5" screen!
    I really do not see Wth some of you guys were complaining about, the screen really is NOT that bad. Some of yoh completely blew it out of proportion, the way some of you described the screen i was expecting to see serrated knives on the edges of app icons, and jagged rocks around text. Sure you can see some pixelaziaton and a little jaggedness due to it being 720p on 5 inches, but definitely not to the extent some of you were making it out to be.
    The screen looked absolutely fine to me, don't believe these doomsayers running around saying the screen looks horrible because that's not the case, it could look better, but far from looking horrible. My only gripe was the brightness, i don't know if it was at 100% or not, but if it was then it's kind of underwhelming, and would be an issue under sunlight and just in general.
    That's really my only complaint about the screen, other than that it's definitely passable. Sheesh a lot of you guys are experts in the art of hyperboles lol
    Anyway that was my personal opinion on the Z30 mileage may vary ofcourse

Posted via CB10
    02-18-14 05:24 PM
    Cool! I was thinking of looking at a Z30 as well. But the screen resolution was scaring me too. I like my crisp display... so we will see.
    02-18-14 05:33 PM
    I'm surprised it was at Verizon. Three weeks ago I was told by Verizon in California that Z30's were only available online. Buy it you'll love it!

My bitchin' Z30 BlackBerry
    02-18-14 05:34 PM
    Cool! I was thinking of looking at a Z30 as well. But the screen resolution was scaring me too. I like my crisp display... so we will see.
    It's really not that bad don't let the others put you off lol
    I hope that wasn't as bright as it went, but the display really is not that bad as others made it out to be.

Posted via CB10
    02-18-14 05:37 PM
    I think the screen looks better than on my Z10 or my daughter's Iphone 5. The size is what makes it look better and everything is easier to see so you do not notice if the resolution is less.

Posted via CB10
    CerveloJohn likes this.
    02-18-14 05:48 PM
    The Z30 screen is far from a scary experience. I had a little 'screen shock' coming from the Z10. It's a slight downgrade in res but its still beautiful HD. When I go back to check on my Z10, I don't like the colour rendering as much as the Z30. Slightly more dull and flat. Z30 colours are much more naturally saturated and vibrant to my eyes. Overall, it has enough HD for a pleasing media experience combined with battery life optimization. Great combo IMHO!

Posted via CB10
    02-18-14 06:01 PM
    The Z30 is simply a great phone. I have had mine since Oct/13 and have used it under all kinds of "light" conditions. Also I am a heavy user due to the kind of biz I'm in and all I can say is that the Z30 is a sweet productivity beast. I'm a realist and know that no phone is perfect, so I am tolerant of minor issues or imperfections here and there. No regrets at all.
    CerveloJohn likes this.
    02-18-14 06:25 PM
    I went to a new Verizon store near me and was surprised at the large blackberry display that they had. They had 6 working Z30 handsets on display and 6 working Q10 handsets on display.

Of course they had zero in stock. They said that they were special order only.

I upgraded from my Z10 almost 2 weeks ago and haven't looked back. I think the display is crisp and the extra room on the keyboard makes the typing easier.

Posted via CB10
    CerveloJohn likes this.
    02-18-14 06:41 PM
    People resist change. Your eyes will get used to the resolution. They will also get used to the lower brightness. You will certainly learn to appreciate the display when you realize you're not having to carry a charging cable with you everywhere you go.

Posted via CB10
    02-18-14 07:06 PM
    The screen resolution initially made me hesitant to get a Z30 after owning and iPhone, but I'm glad I made the switch now. Love the extra real estate and the colours look very nice. When I compare it against my iPhone, I'd still say the iPhone display is nicer and much more bright, which is also somewhat of a con to me.

Posted via CB10
    02-18-14 07:13 PM
    I'm surprised it was at Verizon. Three weeks ago I was told by Verizon in California that Z30's were only available online. Buy it you'll love it!

My bitchin' Z30 BlackBerry
    Ask the OP to be sure, but most likely he saw the store demo unlocked and the store doesn't have any in for sale. I ordered mine online and a close friend is a Regional Manager. He said that no stores are carrying stock. The only way one would have one is if it was ordered online and returned to a store.

Posted via my BlackBerry Q10 or Z30 on VZW from Philly
    02-18-14 07:26 PM
    It's crisp

C001B7B16 The Gif Exchange
    02-18-14 07:40 PM
    The Verizon shops in Atlanta, Kennesaw and Acworth don't have the Z30 in the shops. A shame really...
    02-18-14 07:47 PM
    I liken the Z10 vs Z30 screen as a comparison between an LCD TV and a plasma. LCD a little more vibrant bright and crisp, but plasma offers better color rendering and is more "warm" and "pleasing" -the device displays are similar. For everyday use, it's very hard to tell the two apart unless you are really nitpicking and obsessing.

Posted via CB10
    CerveloJohn likes this.
    02-18-14 07:48 PM
    And yes, I too was disappointed that my VZW store in Dallas didn't have any in stock. The store lost a sale and a $100 premium in price because they didn't. And I don't want to open a can of worms but I call that collusion. All the vendors are conspiring to purposely hurt sales against BlackBerry. That should be illegal.

Posted via CB10
    02-18-14 07:51 PM
    the way some of you described the screen i was expecting to see serrated knives on the edges of app icons, and jagged rocks around text.
    LOL! That was great. Love my Z30!
    02-18-14 08:20 PM