I came from a BlackBerry Q10, so I may be ignorant of the BlackBerry Z30 gestures. I find typing really difficult on the BlackBerry Z30. For example, when I accidentally flick the wrong word. I have to stop typing, I have to hold on to the word, and then start retyping the correct word. This takes me some time. Am I doing it right?

Another problem I have is how it suggests me the words. Sometimes I expected to appear where I can flick it, but in many cases it appears at the space bar. What's the criteria for it to appear in the space bar over a suggestion on the keyboard?

Posted via CB10
    04-29-14 07:05 AM
    The keyboard learns your way of typing and your more commonly used words over time, which obviously varies depending on how often you use it. I've found that the most common words appear on the space bar, and other option can be flicked up. The BB10 keyboard apparently even learns where about you 'flick' and can adjust itself over time accordingly (altho' I can't say I can notice this, obviously).

You can turn off suggestions in the settings should you wish, but I would say to stick with it. There is a learning curve coming from a hard keyboard, definitely, but give it a week or so and you'll (hopefully) wonder how you ever did without it! I think the BB10 screen keyboard can only be rivaled by Swift Key on Android, and, altho' I've only used it briefly and it does similar things, I'm not keen on it's actual layout.
    Qaddafi likes this.
    04-29-14 07:26 AM
    I type complete garbage on mine and it corrects about all of it to what I was trying to type. To delete a word swipe to the left on the kb, 2 words, swipe with 2 fingers.
    Stwutter and Qaddafi like this.
    04-29-14 07:33 AM
    I type complete garbage on mine and it corrects about all of it to what I was trying to type. To delete a word swipe to the left on the kb, 2 words, swipe with 2 fingers.
    Very true, altho' last week I text the wife 'Can you test me when you get a chance?'. Regretted it ever since...
    kbz1960 and Carl Estes like this.
    04-29-14 07:37 AM
    Also, don't forget if you do swipe up the wrong word, swipe left on the keyboard to delete it.

1 finger for one word, 2 for two words, 3 for three words etc.

I imagine if you could get all your 10 digits on the the keyboard that would work too. LOL

*Edit, Always slow to the party.

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 and Qaddafi like this.
    04-29-14 07:38 AM
    Wow I can't believe I'm barely figuring it out that I can swipe to the left. That's more efficient that tapping the delete bar like seven times to delete one word. That's actually going to Make me more productive.

So it's recommended to delete the word over selecting it and trying to correct it? There's some words that are underlined but sometimes I click out of the keyboard accidentally and it becomes too hard to deal with.

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    04-29-14 07:57 AM

So it's recommended to delete the word over selecting it and trying to correct it? There's some words that are underlined but sometimes I click out of the keyboard accidentally and it becomes too hard to deal with.

Posted via CB10
    If a word is wrong and underlined, if you tap it options appear to correct it. Personally, I use this feature more than swiping back to delete, but neither are right or wrong - it's whatever is quickest for you.

As a note on this, if you do type a word that you use that's not in the the dictionary, if you tap it the option to 'Add to Dictionary' is there. Hit this, and it won't question it again, and will gradually offer that word as an option whilst typing the more regularly that you use it.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    04-29-14 08:03 AM
    For example, when I accidentally flick the wrong word. I have to stop typing, I have to hold on to the word, and then start retyping the correct word. This takes me some time. Am I doing it right?

Posted via CB10
    If you type the wrong word, you can simply do a 'swipe to left' gesture with ur thumb on the keyboard to erase the last typed word.

Another problem I have is how it suggests me the words. Sometimes I expected to appear where I can flick it, but in many cases it appears at the space bar. What's the criteria for it to appear in the space bar over a suggestion on the keyboard? Posted via CB10
    The suggested word appears in Green on the Space bar, while what you are typing and how far you have typed appears in white just above the Space bar.

Posted via CB10 using my Gorgeous Z10
    04-29-14 08:03 AM
    Wow I can't believe I'm barely figuring it out that I can swipe to the left. That's more efficient that tapping the delete bar like seven times to delete one word. That's actually going to Make me more productive.

Posted via CB10
    Just use what is the best for you. Yes deleting a word or two works great with the swipe but for copy, paste etc. The bubble is needed.

Also with the bubble if you just tap on one side or the other it will move the cursor one space.
    04-29-14 08:07 AM
    One more tidbit. If you have a word not in your dictionary and it's above the space bar, just swipe up on the space bar to add it.

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 and Stwutter like this.
    04-29-14 09:06 AM
    One more tidbit. If you have a word not in your dictionary and it's above the space bar, just swipe up on the space bar to add it.

Posted via CB10
    Didn't know that. Nice.
    04-29-14 09:19 AM
    The space is if the software "thinsg" it should correct a word the flickering are suggestions for otherwise untyped wor...
    04-29-14 09:58 AM
    The best tip I can give you regarding the Z30 (and Z10) keyboard is: Hold it like a BlackBerry with two hands and use your thumbs. Thankfully you are coming from a BlackBerry and know what I mean but others who come from iPhone or Android may not if they've never owned one.

Anyhow, once you do you'll be "flicking" words like there's no tomorrow! Enjoy! (but just have a little patience during the learning curve)
    04-29-14 10:57 AM
    what if i want to clear the whole text??
    05-06-14 05:12 AM
    what if i want to clear the whole text??
    Can't you tap it with both your thumbs and that instructs the phone to select all. Then just hit backspace.

Posted via CB10
    05-06-14 10:51 AM