I swung by my local Telus store yesterday after work and got my paws on a Z30 just to... test the waters... so to speak.

Well that sweet crack hit me good because now I can't stop thinking that I should be getting one. I kid you not, the craving is not unlike being addicted to cigarettes!!

The good:
    -Gorgeous display. Loving the Super AMOLED these days.
    -Great weight and feel. Not too big and definitely NOT too heavy like some people have reported.
    -Seems damn fast. I tested loading some of the stock apps compared to my Z10 and it leads by a decent enough margin
    -Typing on the slightly larger display makes a marked improvement in typing accuracy in my limited test.

The bad:
    -Volume keys seemed a little soft, but there was definitely no rattle like has been reported in the forums. Could be isolated to a few devices.
    -The browser icon seemed jaggy. With 295 PPI, it can't be display related. The PlayBook doesn't show this kind of jaggyness and it's, what, 187PPI? It might be a scaling issue with the icon that was used for the Z10. Every other curved surface in the UI was sharp, beautiful, and smooth.

Overall, it is a great device. I compared it to a few other demo devices (iPhone 5c, GS4) and hardware/spec wise it seemed every bit as good. Display, speed, fluidity, launching apps - all excellent. Never mind the specs. But the Z30 comes out on top with its BB10 UI - and USB OTG is bonus (eat it iPhone).

I give myself 2 weeks before I cave and order one off-contract from Telus.
    hazarder likes this.
    10-25-13 09:54 AM
    Yeah man! I'm also so tempted when I hold the z30 at the store
    Likely I want to sell my Q10 to get the z30 but I still love my keyboard

Posted via CB10
    10-25-13 09:56 AM
    I sold my q10 for the z30 honestly qwerty may be more accurate but z30 touch is much faster

For me anyways.

Posted via CB10
    10-25-13 07:41 PM
    Z30 is nice and cool.

Posyed via CB by Z10
    BlackberryPig likes this.
    10-25-13 08:03 PM
    I did the deed and went for the Z30 and so glad I did. I love this phone.

Posted from my Z30 on CB10
    10-25-13 08:28 PM
    I've been fighting it too, but just. can. not. resist.

Held a Z30 today, its a beauty. Not too heavy, and didn't seem as big as I thought it would be.

Also, bigger screen, longer battery and dual speakers are the clincher for me and things I wish my Z10 had.

Bye bye Z10, I'll be getting a Z30 this weekend.
    10-25-13 08:37 PM