I used OEM flip case for a year. It's very bulky and heavy. It adds another 120-130 gms. I am looking for flip case with back replacable and be light in weight. Any way, Z30 is bulky phone and do not to add any more weight.
    04-17-15 07:17 PM
    Just wanted to thank you for this post. I just got mine, and did the simple modification. (I used a propane torch and just grazed the bottom tabs..) Works perfectly.

I also used a blow dryer to heat the felt, and peel it back so that I could insert one of those dime sized neodymium magnets. It fit perfectly in the divot created by the swivel mechanism.
    You're welcome.

And now I will say Thanks to you. The blow dryer trick to pull the felt back and add a magnet is great! That's the one thing that has been missing on the Otterbox / Seidio combo. Gonna order one of the magnets you posted the link for and add it to my holster.

VZW Z30 STA 100-3/ 10.3.1.2708
    04-17-15 07:52 PM
    I had an old case with a magnetic clasp. I grabbed my key chain box cutter and sliced it open. There before my eyes were 2 of the thinnest magnets begging to be repurposed!
    I Macgyvered them into my new case with a small piece of, (what else) duct tape.
    Open,close... On Off!!

Z30-Z30-Z10-Q10-9900-9900-Playbook-x3
    04-17-15 09:37 PM
    Love the Otterbox Commuter. I dropped my phone in the worst places (bathtub, street, sink, sand) and the commuter protected it through and through.

But now I got the Amzer shell, and people are noticing my phone more. My relatives even asked me if I got a new phone. I told them this is the same phone I've had for the past year and a half!!

Posted via CB10
    04-18-15 01:46 AM
    I use a red Trident Aegis case for the Z30 + a tempered glass screen protector. Great combination, imho.

Favorite Z30 case?-19814.jpg
    04-18-15 10:42 AM
    I have the Transform case and recently got a white leather pocket case to with my black Z30. The transform case was ok but wouldn't protect a screen, just the corners of the phone. I love the leather pouch - it's classy. But that still exposes some of the phone and already it has taken a knock. Left with minor scratches, the leather case saved my screen. I really like the feel of the bare phone and don't mind slipping it in and out when need be.

Posted via CB10
    04-19-15 02:16 AM
    I got one called Trident, hate the fact my logo is covered up but it's a bad mama jamma!

04-19-15 09:02 PM
    Fav case is def the BlackBerry transformer case in black and blue!

#qwerty #glassweave #darkhorse
    04-19-15 09:17 PM
    I have a Transform case. It protects the corners and has a minimalist look and feel. I've dropped my phone (not recommended!) several times and all is well.

Posted via CB10
    Good to know that. Got my Z30 this week and ordered that case. Will be activating the phone tomorrow (my bill cycles after tonight) but put the case on today and was feeling slightly concerned.

Posted via CB10
    04-25-15 06:24 PM
    Hello, I have my Z30 protected with the Transform shell, I liked it so much but the screen is unprotected, I'm waiting for a tempered glass screen protector and by now just with the plastic one included with the transform shell.

But I would like to carry my phone using a holster. I was thinking on the OEM leather swivel holster. Do you think that it may fit the Z30 with the Transform shell?
    Could someone who has a swivel holster confirm if it is too tight and can only accpet a naked Z30 or is there room for the Z30 with the transform shell (approximately extra 1.5 or 2 mm thickness and extra 1mm per side in each corner) ?
    07-28-15 12:26 PM
    From my experience the phone will not fit into the leather holster with the transform shell case on it.
    07-28-15 12:31 PM
    Thanks for the advice PJericho. I will have to look for a generic holster instead.

Could someone could make a recommendation of a holster that fits the z30 with the transform shell on it?
    07-28-15 01:03 PM
    Thanks for the advice PJericho. I will have to look for a generic holster instead.

Could someone could make a recommendation of a holster that fits the z30 with the transform shell on it?
    I purchased the Roots horizontal holster from shop Crack Berry and it works great with a case on your phone as it's adjustable.

Posted via CB10
    cmarquez2015 likes this.
    07-28-15 02:46 PM
    Has anyone tried the skinomi full body skins instead of a case as a protector? Would love feedback

Posted via CB10
    07-29-15 10:18 AM
    Sorry for the double post, I could find the correct link earlier.

Here's a skinomi full body skin.

http://www.skinomi.com/sk14716-black...protector.html

Anyone have experience with this instead of a case?
    07-29-15 10:44 AM
    Has anyone tried the skinomi full body skins instead of a case as a protector? Would love feedback

Posted via CB10
    It is not Skinomi but may help...I give a try to Best Skin Ever (transparent) if this help you to choose. Skinomi was option too but reading user feed back decided to order BSE. Still waiting to be delivered. Later on i will post my opinion.
    07-29-15 12:08 PM
    I use the BlackBerry leather pocket for my Z30. I just noticed recently too that the P'9983 also has a leather pocket, but looks like it costs in the hundreds! I can't imagine that the cost to produce the P'9983 leather pocket is that much more than the Z30's cost. Must be the premium name brand that is why it's so expensive.

Posted via the Z30 on CB10
    07-30-15 07:52 AM
    Recently changed from the Otter Box Defender to a German Stil Gut leather book-like case. Initially, was a bit of work to get it to fit the Verizon Z30 size, but after massaging the leather it finally snapped on securely. This cover is not cheap, is beautifully made, protects the screen and body well, and I would highly recommend it! Customer Service by this company is exceptional! Be prepared for a little different feel with the cover laid back for operation and phone use. Because there is slight play in the cover side, it miss aligns slightly. Also taking pictures means the cover will have to hang down...but those are all minor things.... Got it on Amazon...

Posted via CB10
    10-23-15 09:59 AM
    That Stilgut case looks very classy. I like it.

I mostly use the inner rubber/ silicone case for the Otterbox Commuter as my primary. Plenty of protection, grip and I show off the BlackBerry logo.

I am awaiting delivery of this one from eBay.

Favorite Z30 case?-img_20151023_124109.png

"I don't think that word means what you think it means."
    10-23-15 12:41 PM
    I can't find any here in the Philippines (and I dont have the money especially when the shipping fee is more expensive) so I let it be naked for a year now then these weird expandable cases came out in the market ) cute and cheap and fits any kind of phone )
    Favorite Z30 case?-img_20151104_232308.jpg

ilouisetopacio sta100-6
    FF22 and zerik1 like this.
    11-04-15 09:23 AM
    I've bought multiple cases for my Z30. The prices posted are retail, all the BlackBerry cases I purchased when they were on sale.

1. The Otterbox Commuter ($45.00US), one of my first purchases is too bulky and muffles the speaker.

2. I've got the BlackBerry leather pocket pouch sleeve ($39.00US) which is hard to get my slightly larger Verizon Z30 in and out of.

3. I also have the BlackBerry leather swivel holster ($39.00US) with the clip attachment that I find cumbersome.

4. I've used my BlackBerry Transform hardshell case ($24.95US) a few times to prop up the phone to watch videos but done like the plasticky feel.

5. My favorite case is a clear flexible TPU ($7.00US) case purchased from eBay that has saved my Z30 from a few serious drops and since it's clear you can still see the BlackBerry logo on the back of the Z30. It's also really easy to take on and off and I'm able to slip a magnet between the Z30 's back and the TPU case to use my magnet car mount without attaching the magnet permanently.

6. I also have a waterproof case ($14.95) purchased from Amazon that's really a watertight pouch on a string that works great when on I'm the lake. I'm able to leave the TPU case on and can still take good photos through the clear plastic.

7. Most of the time I use no case. Even though I have a multitude of cases, I love the feel of the Z30's back and I'm not fond of the bulk cases add to the phone.

It's ironic that after spending so much money on Z30 cases I don't use any of them and after almost two years my Z30 is still in excellent shape.

Note: prices listed reflect cost at time of purchase, not current cost.
    My bitchin' BlackBerry Z30
    Last edited by lady of the lake; 11-04-15 at 08:19 PM.
    LoneStarRed likes this.
    11-04-15 12:22 PM
    Interested in selling your Defender?

Posted from my Z30- best phone I've ever owned.
    11-04-15 01:20 PM
    Interested in selling your Defender?

Posted from my Z30- best phone I've ever owned.
    I mistakenly said I had the Otterbox Defender when I actually have the Commuter. Sorry for the confusion, I didn't realize my mistake until I saw it in its box after being stored for the last year and a half.

My bitchin' BlackBerry Z30
    11-04-15 02:07 PM
    I use the Amzer Pudding Matte TPU Case

Posted via CB10
    11-04-15 04:07 PM
    I just started using the Amzer Border Case and so far it's been awesome. Only issue is it doesn't have the extra holes on the side for the extra mics. It hasn't been an issue for me. I like the fact I can still feel the carbon woven back of my Z30 tho!

Posted via CB10
    11-05-15 02:18 PM
104 ... 2345