I can see where the OP is coming from. We all can remember when we were told BB10 wouldn't be released until it was perfect. Perfect it wasn't and we waited three years for it to be released . Not saying it's a bad OS. It my be one of the better ones out there. How many time have we heard that same BS on software and hardware in the past five years. Don't know where you people are from but half arshed isn't perfect. If a company is struggling to win market share, why would you waist time and energy screwing up something that is working good and not work on the things that aren't.
    I too have a love hate relationship with BlackBerry and was going to move to something else. But what else is there? Just can't stomach switching to Apple or Android and Windows sucks.
    It's like dumping your girlfriend, thinking there's something better, only to find out that you had it pretty good with the first one.
    07-31-15 07:19 PM
    Common Chen, I know you.....
    Just curious, what's a Common Chen? I thought his name is John.

Posted from CB10
    07-31-15 07:33 PM
    I always have both for long time, switch back and forth both device

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.680
    Me too!

Z30 STA 100-3/10.3.2.2339
    07-31-15 11:34 PM
    Thank you sir.

Well to all those wondering why I started this thread, it was because I was surprised at myself. As stated, I've been a longtime BB user and ambassador of sorts, but something inside persuaded me to the dark side (for less than 5 days mind you).

That said, for anyone curious, I recived my Verizon iPhone on Monday, and just a few minutes ago deactivated it and I'm gladly back on my Z10/Z30 combination.

What I learned in the last 4 days may or may not be of interest to others, but I'll share for those that haven't tried the iPhone.

1.) Siri blows doors on BB Assistant - in pure performance and functionality. I could ask Siri to do anything - open an app, type a text/email, phone a friend, etc. Absolutely amazing performance and its ability to type the EXACT words that I speak. BB Assistant is so week in comparison, that it's not even worth using, in my experience at least.

2.) BB Hub - Light years better and more intuitive than Apple's email/Text solution will ever be. It's not even close. The BB experience is so much better, IMO, that it was the easiest decision I've ever had to make in coming back to a device. If you value email and the ability to view/sort and send emails, frankly, there's no equal in the market. It's just that simple - it works and it works very well.

3.) Viewing - Viewing an iPhone outside in lighted conditions is beyond frustrating in comparison. Side by side, a BB will absolutely blow away an iPhone in its ability to see with clarity what's on the screen (or even inside for that matter). This part really surprised me how bad the iPhone performed/looked compared to the BB devices. The new BB OS looks amazing side by side!

4.) Feel in hand - I fumbled trying to keep the iPhone in hand. BB's just tend to feel good in the hand.

5.) Keyboard - I complained that I can't type on a Z10/Z30....Boy was I mislead. Again, so glad to be back and my typing efficiently went back up.

6.) Apps - I have every app on BB device that I need - beWeather, Instagram, etc, etc. No issues here other than I know the App store has more apps, but mine all work fine.

7.) Navigation - BB wins hand down. Trying to find and navigate through an iPhone device was frustrating, even after a few days with it to get "acquainted".

8.) Speed -I think the Iphone might have faster chipsets, as some things just work faster and smoother, but it's not a reason for buying a device, IMO.

Yes, iTunes nice, and yes, since there are extra steps to get music and movies on my BB's, it's not that bad once you find a service you like.

In short, my time spent on the dark side was short, thankfully, and I'm REALLY glad to be back and glad that I made a choice to compare devices. Not only is the grass not greener on the other side, it was downright depressing.

For those confused or wondered why I started the thread, I hope it's more clear now. There was no motivation other than to share my story as a loyal user and follower.
    Your statements make it sound like this entire thread was B.S., that you never really intended to leave your BlackBerry devices, and that you never gave the iPhone an honest look. How could you flip flop on so many issues after only a five day trial of an iPhone?

I get that only 99% of iPhone 6 and 6+ owners are satisfied with the iPhone, which means you could be in the 1% who wasn�t, but it just seems like you wanted to play the role of the prodigal son who leaves BlackBerry only to quickly return. This might explain why you had to request that the mods keep the thread open--because you knew you were going to return to your BlackBerries even as you wrote the original post.

At any rate, I hope you find happiness with you smartphone solution.
    08-01-15 12:13 AM
    08-01-15 12:50 AM
30 12