Been a longtime BB user, supporter, and still an investor (can you believe?). I love the Z10, except for the battery life and I mostly use the Z30 as the battery is just much better.

After eagerly awaiting the newest OS release, I can clearly state that I'm disappointed and pissed. How do you screw up a camera app? BB Voice - not sure what they did, but that's a major screwup with that app too. I'm not sure what it is, but I'm just tired of this game and I'm finally gonna move to an iPhone.

I can't type for anything on the Z30 (did they change the keyboard?) and while the volume and quality of apps for BB devices has come a long way, it'll be just easier to get music on my phone in the Apple world. I have most every app I could ever need on my device, but there's something about the user experience with certain functions that just bugs the crap out of me - like the new camera updates. I use my thumb for capturing pics, but now I need to find the small icon at the bottom of the app to be able to take a pic.

Two employees at BB should be fired tomorrow - the guy that developed the new camera app and his manager for approving the changes. Was there something wrong with this app to have made such a drastic change to it? Common Chen, I know you are becoming a SW and Security company, but you need to stay on top of what you have in place today too. Also, the phone app went downhill. Again, was the previous app that bad to make such drastic changes? I'm a good 20% less productive with the latest OS. Unacceptable from my perspective when most of the apps worked just fine. Dear Mr. Chen, does BB perform any usability testing?

Cheers friends, it's been a long ride, but I can't help support the cause any more unfortunately. Over an out. You can see my past history to understand that I'v been brand loyal for a long time.
    vibhorsingh86 likes this.
    07-24-15 10:47 AM
    Best of luck.
    07-24-15 10:52 AM
    Hope you will be back!

BlackBerry -Secured to the Core | CB MOD
    07-24-15 10:59 AM
    Thread re open per op request
    07-31-15 04:57 AM
    Weird that you've singled out the camera as a major reason for moving to another platform, when it now operates like the camera on those other platforms.

BTW, you can also use the volume rockers to take a picture. I find the new system much better. I tap somewhere on the screen for focus and exposure point, then click one of the shutter keys.

My keyboard operates exactly the same as it always has, so I'm not sure what you're getting at there.

You should always have the device that suits you best.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2339
    Carl Estes and FF22 like this.
    07-31-15 05:28 AM
    Check out Classic Camera in BlackBerry World! You can find it at http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/59953893

For you op

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.680
    Carl Estes likes this.
    07-31-15 05:31 AM
    Check out Classic Camera in BlackBerry World! You can find it at http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/59953893

For you op

Hi usman, based on ur sign, u have moved to Z30 to Passport, congrats.

Posted via CB10
    07-31-15 05:47 AM
    Gotta love all the posts like that. It always starts with "been long time user" and "I love BlackBerry" and"always been loyal and defending the brand", and then they use the same silly reasons to leave like camera shutter moved places, why can't I vertical swipe to answer and other.
    Now the guy is 20% slower and cannot adapt, so he's throwing a few hundred dollars just to move to a platform that does picture taking the same (wrong for him) way.
    Well as usual Best of Luck OP.
    rotorwrench likes this.
    07-31-15 05:47 AM
    Hi usman, based on ur sign, u have moved to Z30 to Passport, congrats.

Posted via CB10
    I always have both for long time, switch back and forth both device

madh263362 likes this.
    07-31-15 05:56 AM
    Why does everyone who leaves feel the urge to make some big announcement? Is it social deprivation in their real life? Perhaps starved for attention? I have always been curious about this. Perhaps they want to think that their decisions affect others?
    07-31-15 07:47 AM
    I fell anyone who has been on the forums here for so long has the need/right to express their opinion when they leave possibly he will be back if he feels his needs are met by Blackberry .
    07-31-15 09:04 AM
    I can't type for anything on the Z30 (did they change the keyboard?) and while the volume and quality of apps for BB devices has come a long way, it'll be just easier to get music on my phone in the Apple world.
    It is very likely that you are running a leaked version of #BB10 on your phone. Try to do this (it worked like a charm on my #Z30) - System Settings -> Language and Input -> Prediction and Correction then go to the bottom of that page and click on "Clear Learned Words" - the Keyboard should start recommending correct words

I have also started using Word Substitution feature (the option is available under Language and Input) and it has improved my typing experience even further - wonder how and why I didn't use it so far! (example: I have set "pdy" to productivity - try to type productivity without this shortcut, it takes a lot more characters).

I have most every app I could ever need on my device, but there's something about the user experience with certain functions that just bugs the crap out of me - like the new camera updates. I use my thumb for capturing pics, but now I need to find the small icon at the bottom of the app to be able to take a pic.
    I was also put off by this change, they could have used a sub second hold and a drag as the action to enable focus - while an abrupt tap of the finger (any where else) as an action for taking a picture.
    07-31-15 09:47 AM
    The Camera change was interesting. A lot of folks complained that they accidentally got shots of their feet or the sky - because it would take a picture anytime you touched the screen. So BB changed to the dedicated shutter button. Can't win with either method. I love the new Panorama mode. It is amazing. As far as typing, I've never been terrific on a glass screen and probably never will be but I get by.

Hope you find the phone that makes you happy but as I've found with camping tents - there's always some compromise. But there, at least, I've taken to make my own alterations. Not as easy with a phone.
    southlander likes this.
    07-31-15 11:32 AM
    The Camera change was interesting. A lot of folks complained that they accidentally got shots of their feet or the sky - because it would take a picture anytime you touched the screen. So BB changed to the dedicated shutter button. Can't win with either method. I love the new Panorama mode. It is amazing. As far as typing, I've never been terrific on a glass screen and probably never will be but I get by.

Hope you find the phone that makes you happy but as I've found with camping tents - there's always some compromise. But there, at least, I've taken to make my own alterations. Not as easy with a phone.
    You nailed the sentiment on the camera. You can't win. People were very unhappy with it and converts were definitely used to the dedicated camera button. They did not ruin it. They just changed something that some people did not want changed. But if I were a betting man, which I am, I would say more people are happy with the change than not. But not by a huge margin.

Posted via CB10
    FF22 and 4justis like this.
    07-31-15 11:42 AM
    Haha... careful the door slam you in the behind on your way out... hurry the train is leaving...

Posted via CB10
    07-31-15 12:16 PM
    I can see where the OP is coming from. We all can remember when we were told BB10 wouldn't be released until it was perfect. Perfect it wasn't and we waited three years for it to be released . Not saying it's a bad OS. It my be one of the better ones out there. How many time have we heard that same BS on software and hardware in the past five years. Don't know where you people are from but half arshed isn't perfect. If a company is struggling to win market share, why would you waist time and energy screwing up something that is working good and not work on the things that aren't.
    I too have a love hate relationship with BlackBerry and was going to move to something else. But what else is there? Just can't stomach switching to Apple or Android and Windows sucks.
    07-31-15 01:13 PM
    Why does everyone who leaves feel the urge to make some big announcement? Is it social deprivation in their real life? Perhaps starved for attention? I have always been curious about this. Perhaps they want to think that their decisions affect others?
    Of course long time faithful BlackBerry users leaving for other platforms affects others...

... geez, did you go to the same school of customer satisfaction as Chairman Chen? Because that certainly appears to be his attitude... and hugely explains BlackBerry's sorry state of affairs!

Posted via CB10
    07-31-15 01:21 PM
    I don't get these threads. Why does anyone think that anyone else cares. So what. Didn't work for you. Works fine for me and a lot of people. See ya! Bye! What's the need to tell all this. I doubt it makes anyone feel bad.
    07-31-15 01:39 PM
    I don't get these threads. Why does anyone think that anyone else cares. So what. Didn't work for you. Works fine for me and a lot of people. See ya! Bye! What's the need to tell all this. I doubt it makes anyone feel bad.
    Welcome to Chairman Chen's School of Customer Satisfaction.

How to steal defeat from the jaws of victory.

Posted via CB10
    07-31-15 01:43 PM
    Take care. Change can be good.
    07-31-15 01:54 PM
    I kinda understood some of what you were saying till u mentioned iPhone.
    Now I take what you say with a grain of salt lol.

It's a BlackBerry Z30 on Big Red on 10.3
    Last edited by baspeed; 07-31-15 at 03:47 PM.
    07-31-15 02:14 PM
    My take is disappointment and frustration!
    It's kinda funny you said it works fine. I personally like things to work better than fine.
    07-31-15 03:41 PM
    Thank you sir.

Well to all those wondering why I started this thread, it was because I was surprised at myself. As stated, I've been a longtime BB user and ambassador of sorts, but something inside persuaded me to the dark side (for less than 5 days mind you).

That said, for anyone curious, I recived my Verizon iPhone on Monday, and just a few minutes ago deactivated it and I'm gladly back on my Z10/Z30 combination.

What I learned in the last 4 days may or may not be of interest to others, but I'll share for those that haven't tried the iPhone.

1.) Siri blows doors on BB Assistant - in pure performance and functionality. I could ask Siri to do anything - open an app, type a text/email, phone a friend, etc. Absolutely amazing performance and its ability to type the EXACT words that I speak. BB Assistant is so week in comparison, that it's not even worth using, in my experience at least.

2.) BB Hub - Light years better and more intuitive than Apple's email/Text solution will ever be. It's not even close. The BB experience is so much better, IMO, that it was the easiest decision I've ever had to make in coming back to a device. If you value email and the ability to view/sort and send emails, frankly, there's no equal in the market. It's just that simple - it works and it works very well.

3.) Viewing - Viewing an iPhone outside in lighted conditions is beyond frustrating in comparison. Side by side, a BB will absolutely blow away an iPhone in its ability to see with clarity what's on the screen (or even inside for that matter). This part really surprised me how bad the iPhone performed/looked compared to the BB devices. The new BB OS looks amazing side by side!

4.) Feel in hand - I fumbled trying to keep the iPhone in hand. BB's just tend to feel good in the hand.

5.) Keyboard - I complained that I can't type on a Z10/Z30....Boy was I mislead. Again, so glad to be back and my typing efficiently went back up.

6.) Apps - I have every app on BB device that I need - beWeather, Instagram, etc, etc. No issues here other than I know the App store has more apps, but mine all work fine.

7.) Navigation - BB wins hand down. Trying to find and navigate through an iPhone device was frustrating, even after a few days with it to get "acquainted".

8.) Speed -I think the Iphone might have faster chipsets, as some things just work faster and smoother, but it's not a reason for buying a device, IMO.

Yes, iTunes nice, and yes, since there are extra steps to get music and movies on my BB's, it's not that bad once you find a service you like.

In short, my time spent on the dark side was short, thankfully, and I'm REALLY glad to be back and glad that I made a choice to compare devices. Not only is the grass not greener on the other side, it was downright depressing.

For those confused or wondered why I started the thread, I hope it's more clear now. There was no motivation other than to share my story as a loyal user and follower.
    07-31-15 06:53 PM
    Always good to see what the others offer in order to see just how much BlackBerry excels at what they do.

Not everyone will agree however, as not everyone prioritizes email and messaging on their phones, but if you do, BlackBerry is light years ahead.

#qwerty #glassweave #darkhorse
    07-31-15 07:04 PM

For you op

Thx...Was hoping for free, but the fact that I can (again) use any part of the screen to take a pic, will be a lot easier overall for my needs. I found the iPhone also limits where you can tap for a picture.
    Cheers!
    07-31-15 07:17 PM
30 12