thinking of using evernote to save text messages I get from clients that have important photos of a technical nature ( we are in storefront security biz)

Do I need mysms app as the connection between BB Z30 and Evernote , or does it work direct...and if so, how do I save a txt msg?

thanks
    04-22-14 03:48 PM
    I was able to save an sms to Evernote directly. Tap and hold the sms and in the pop up menu, select share, then select Evernote. It opened the Evernote app and I was able to save it.

That worked for individual messages. To save the whole chat, I had to copy/paste into a new note in Evernote.

Is this what you mean?

Posted via CB10
    If an Evernote account is set up on your Z30, most items can be "Shared" directly to Evernote directly, or by emailing to your Evernote email address (available under Evernote > Account Settings). An exception is SMS messages. These would have to be copied and pasted into Evernote.

I have no experience with MySMS, but I'm pretty sure it would be the same situation, unless that app allows for email forwarding of the messages.
    04-22-14 03:59 PM
    I was able to save an sms to Evernote directly. Tap and hold the sms and in the pop up menu, select share, then select Evernote. It opened the Evernote app and I was able to save it.

That worked for individual messages. To save the whole chat, I had to copy/paste into a new note in Evernote.

Is this what you mean?

Posted via CB10
    Ecm likes this.
    04-22-14 05:49 PM
    Not quite. The last time I tested, the SMS messages couldn't be shared to Evernote. Something has changed, for the better. It may have been that Evernote update that I only installed this evening. You not only solved your issue, but helped me out as well. Thanks!
    04-22-14 06:40 PM
    I tried cut and paste...but when I went into Evershare there was no paste option in the new page area.

Tried tapping text message and holding...but no share popped up.
    04-23-14 12:04 PM
    The Share option is in the side menu. After selecting Share, then select Evernote. It creates a new note with the text message contents.

Can anyone give me some information on Evernote?-img_20140423_170255.png

Posted via CB10
    04-23-14 04:05 PM
    oh you're good thx much
    04-24-14 03:55 PM