Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree5Likes
  • 5 Post By ggbrands
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Enough is Enough - Back to Blackberry...the Android Experiment is Over

Been with Blackberry since the monochromes. A year or so ago wandered away to see how fun all the others are, and in certain ways they really are fun. Fun.

But I tell you what is not fun is having to do contortionist cyber-gymnastics just to adapt an Android OS to work efficiently with my all important Outlook Desktop. Self-employed sales and sick of the cloud, tired of the quirkiness - no longer do I want to have part of each day occupied with making sure all my appointments and contacts are consistently and reliably captured by a temperamental device.

I'm used to big screens - therefore, Z30 being delivered tomorrow. Back to local desktop sync, security, predictability and efficiency.

Calendar, Contact, Phone.....still the best for business. Don't go anywhere Blackberry - I'm not! Go Mr. Chen - keep fighting!
    Slff, tatail, LeeU1911 and 2 others like this.
    Doesn't Matter

Global Posts
    66,691 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ggbrands View Post
    Been with Blackberry since the monochromes. A year or so ago wandered away to see how fun all the others are, and in certain ways they really are fun. Fun.

But I tell you what is not fun is having to do contortionist cyber-gymnastics just to adapt an Android OS to work efficiently with my all important Outlook Desktop. Self-employed sales and sick of the cloud, tired of the quirkiness - no longer do I want to have part of each day occupied with making sure all my appointments and contacts are consistently and reliably captured by a temperamental device.

I'm used to big screens - therefore, Z30 being delivered tomorrow. Back to local desktop sync, security, predictability and efficiency.

Calendar, Contact, Phone.....still the best for business. Don't go anywhere Blackberry - I'm not! Go Mr. Chen - keep fighting!
    Depending on your setup you might think differently about contacts.
    Sent from me using my fingers. Be pantless in 5K. Febreze - for more than smells.
    the 50K CrackBerry challenge
    Posted from my phone or pc or tablet that are no better than anyone else's
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    31,571 Global Posts

I couldn't agree more with you, you sound like a very smart person,
    Not here for a long time, but a good time would go over really big.
    CrackBerry Abuser

I am syncing my Z30 and Q10 with Gmail - same is true with my Galaxy Note 3 and Galaxy Tab 7.0. Everything is working flawlessly.

My contacts and calendar are synced on all devices. While there are reasons to dislike Android phones the syncing is nothing to complain about, in my opinion.

Posted via CB10
    Thanked by:
    RH1Pearl (06-09-2014) 
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

I agree Gmail syncing is pretty seamless but that isn't what I use or complaining about.

What I am complaining about is Android doesn't work well with locally based desktop Outlook applications. Cloud is fine but not appropriate for many businesses, or at the very least, mine.

I have the Note 3 as well and love the device. It just isn't a good solution for my work.
    CrackBerry Genius

So let us know what you think of the Z30 now that you're coming back.

Would be interesting to hear from you.

Becareful with contacts on BB10. It can get tricky with the various account linking.

Signature - Google wants your info. What are you gonna do about it?
    CrackBerry Addict

I have been back and forth between BlackBerry, Android and IOS and I have been a Gmail user since 2009 and so far I like BlackBerry OS10 and my z30.

I recently went back to my iPhone 5s because most of my clients have left BlackBerry here in the USA for Android and/or IOS. After a week, I finally decided that I am going to stick with BlackBerry and my z30.

I mainly use my device for my business and personal email, messaging and my social apps, so far OS10 has been a pleasure to use. My Gmail has worked pretty well and with the latest 10.2.1.2941 update, my duplicate contact issue has went away.

I have decided to stick with BlackBerry and give Mr Chen a chance to see if he can get BlackBerry back on track, until then, I keep motoring along, preaching BlackBerry and OS10 proudly with my z30 in my hand.

Send from my lovely z30 on T Mobile USA
    CrackBerry Newbie

Feel the same.

I switched from Galaxy S3 to Z10 and then to Asus Padfone. Decided to experiment Lumia 1020 with a gorgeous camera quality but low end OS even with 8.1 developers edition. So I went for Z30... simply I cannot leave it away.

So productive. Fast. Big screen. Good battery. But over all the specs which so many android phones imo are superior to Z30, the BB10 is the top.

Will take a long time to consider other OS after using others.

The big problem here is the very expensive price of devices in Mexico.....my Z30 is made in Mexico!!!!!

Well blackberry has a long way to road but I will go together.

Via BlackBerry again!
    CrackBerry Abuser

I'd have to agree. I've been on a similar experiment myself and came to the same conclusion.

For a business user you can't beat BlackBerry, not by a long shot.

There many things that the other os's do better, but for communication no one does it better than BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Master

Agreed about calendar syncing with OP. I refuse to use Google calendar or Gmail for my apps. My BlackBerry works flawlessly with all my communication needs.