I don't know if this is device-specific, but it's happening on my Bell Z30 so thought I'd start here.

I have a few Yahoo accounts, several Gmail accounts and Twitter and Facebook setup (all as POP3) on my Z30. Until recently, email was delivered instantly from all these accounts to the device, even before they arrived on my computer. I started noticing that not only were they no longer arriving instantly on my phone, but in most cases not being delivered at all. Then, one of the messages that was sent to one of my Gmail accounts arrived a couple of days later. I read the email both on the phone and computer, then deleted it from Gmail (on the computer). Lo and behold, I got a copy of that same email (sent to me 9 days ago) as if it were a new email. I checked my Gmail account online and it does not show there.

I have done a hard reset and updated each account with my password to make sure there were no authentication issues, and all connected successfully during the verification process.

This only seems to be affecting my Z30, my other BBs are ok. As the Z30 is my primary BlackBerry this has become a rather annoying issue and so I'm writing here to find out if others have had this happen, particularly with Gmail and Yahoo. (BTW Twitter and FB messages seem to arrive normally).

There's a technote on the BB Support Forums but it dates from 2011 for OS7 so it doesn't apply here, as far as I can tell.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. I'm stumped!
    06-30-15 08:29 AM
    I've been having email issues as well but specifically with yahoo. For some reason it seems my z10 is deleting emails. And the only way I know it happened is if I have the device in my hand at the time of the email to know an email actually came in.
    I will have the device in my hand and a email comes in (I see the instant preview so I know who sent it and the subject) but when I go to the hub it's nowhere to be found. When I checked on my laptop the email is in the trash folder. If I move the email back to inbox online eventually it comes in on the phone and does the same thing.(delete it automatically).

Posted via CB10
    andy957 likes this.
    06-30-15 09:30 AM
    I've been having email issues as well but specifically with yahoo. For some reason it seems my z10 is deleting emails. And the only way I know it happened is if I have the device in my hand at the time of the email to know an email actually came in.
    I will have the device in my hand and a email comes in (I see the instant preview so I know who sent it and the subject) but when I go to the hub it's nowhere to be found. When I checked on my laptop the email is in the trash folder. If I move the email back to inbox online eventually it comes in on the phone and does the same thing.(delete it automatically).

Posted via CB10
    Yes!!! Same thing with Yahoo here. I see the notification and then the email is poofski - not on the phone or anywhere in Yahoo on my PC. Not even in Trash folder. I thought I was imagining things.
    06-30-15 09:37 AM
    Yes!!! Same thing with Yahoo here. I see the notification and then the email is poofski - not on the phone or anywhere in Yahoo on my PC. Not even in Trash folder. I thought I was imagining things.
    I thought I was imagining it at 1st as well. But when it happened with the phone in my hand I knew I wasn't.

Posted via CB10
    andy957 likes this.
    06-30-15 10:49 AM
    I have a Z30 and been experiencing delay in emails on my device.It wasn't like this but dont't know the cause.Some of my mails on my iphone get pushed to my iphone even before my Z30 gets it. I think is has to with BlackBerry infrastructure.
    07-01-15 07:11 AM
    Just started experiencing similar issues on my Z30 with Bell. I deleted my Rogers/Yahoo account and now can't re-install it.

Posted via CB10
    07-01-15 12:08 PM
    Just started experiencing similar issues on my Z30 with Bell. I deleted my Rogers/Yahoo account and now can't re-install it.
    This is what I tried. I looked at the settings for the Yahoo account that had the "disappearing" issue described above and for some reason, the incoming server was listed as rim.imap.mail.yahoo.com and the smtp server rim.imap.smtp.yahoo.com. I would never have known to add those like that, when I originally added the account I did it using the Add Email Account 'wizard' and never thought to check. I also noticed that my Gmail accounts somehow were changed to IMAP accounts on my Z30, but I disabled IMAP in all my Gmail accounts on gmail.com and only enabled POP3. So I went back and deleted the Yahoo account, re-added it (had the same issue that the first try could not re-add it but second try worked), then changed the Yahoo servers to pop.mail.yahoo.com and smtp.mail.yahoo.com. This seems to have worked. I changed all Gmail accounts to pop.gmail.com and smtp.gmail.com and now all emails seem to be flowing normally.

I may be wrong but I think when the push hit the Yahoo account and it failed, that blocked all the remaining accounts from syncing, sort of like the sync "belched" and stopped.

Can you check your server settings as well? (By the way, my Z30 is also on Bell, if that makes any difference.)
    FF22 likes this.
    07-01-15 12:17 PM
    Thank you very much. That was a HUGE help. Manually keying in the STEP and POP server addresses worked.

Thanks again

Posted via CB10
    andy957 likes this.
    07-01-15 12:48 PM
    I have a similar problem with my z30. I have gmail and yahoo accounts on it. I receive emails on time. My problem is it wouldn't send emails. I tried to delete the yahoo account but couldn't add it anymore. Now i won't delete my gmail account for fear of not being able to add it again. How did you folks solve this issue? Thanks in advance.

Posted via CB10
    10-12-15 09:41 PM