Can anyone tell me why my z30 doesn't auto switch to mobile sites like all the S5s and Iphones. They auto switch. Most mobile site give you an option to select classic site or full site.

Thanks

It's a BlackBerry Z30 on Big Red and still on 10.2.1
    03-17-15 07:25 AM
    My Z30 does for most sites. The website, itself, has to have a mobile redirect and include BlackBerry devices in that redirect. The website developer can decide which devices are redirected to their mobile site.

If there is a particular mobile site you would like your BlackBerry redirected to, contact the folks operating the website and ask them to add BlackBerry devices to their redirect.
    Last edited by SeeBeeEss; 03-17-15 at 08:36 AM.
    03-17-15 07:36 AM
    have you checked your settings in the browser?
    03-17-15 07:36 AM
    Mine does if the site has one.

Posted from my Z30 on CB10
    Attached Thumbnails Easy question about mobile websites and my Z30-img_20150317_093220.png  
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    03-17-15 08:32 AM
    Not here but it should be BlackBerry!!
    Easy question about mobile websites and my Z30-img_20150317_094622.png

03-17-15 08:47 AM
    You're in the wrong menu. Check under developer tools.
    03-17-15 09:49 AM
    Did already. Tell me which toggle will fix it in development tools please.

You're in the wrong menu. Check under developer tools.

03-17-15 10:17 AM
    That menu says display and actions. You need to be under development tools and toggle off Desktop Mode.
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    03-17-15 12:20 PM
    That menu says display and actions. You need to be under development tools and toggle off Desktop Mode.
    Shifty is right.

It's my understanding that the default setting for Desktop Mode is "off". The user may change it to "on" but the mobile version of most websites is better for viewing on a phone.

Posted via CB10
    03-17-15 04:33 PM
    have you checked your settings in the browser?
    My brother has a Z10 (sux to be him cause the z30 sooooo much better) and he says there is another setting somewhere but can't seem to find it.
    He said "search it up on the web" I said "it will take me to crackberry" and nobody knows why my z30 won't go directly to a mobile site when directed to it. I guess this is not as easy to answer as I thought, but should be simple.

03-18-15 01:21 PM
    My brother has a Z10 (sux to be him cause the z30 sooooo much better) and he says there is another setting somewhere but can't seem to find it.
    He said "search it up on the web" I said "it will take me to crackberry" and nobody knows why my z30 won't go directly to a mobile site when directed to it. I guess this is not as easy to answer as I thought, but should be simple.

Open the Browser, tap the three dots in the lower right, choose Settings:
    • Tap Developer Tools
    • Observe the switch for Desktop Mode, toggle it to switch between the two states below;

1 - If ON, lit up blue and has a I in the switch circle, then the device will be treated as a computer on websites offering both computer and mobile device content. You will get what you would see via a computer.
    2 - If OFF, not lit up and O in the circle, web sites that offer both computer and mobile content will offer the mobile version of the website.

Also, there are a lot of websites that do ignore a devices mobile/desktop preferences. Of those a few will offer either content, but you must first tap a link on their site to switch preferences.
    So look for "Full Site" or "Mobile Site" links, generally found at the very bottom of a sites web page.
    FF22 likes this.
    03-18-15 01:36 PM
    You're impossible to help because you seem to be ignoring all replies. Good luck. I'm done here. Waste of my time.
    03-18-15 03:35 PM

Seems pretty simple to me...

Easy question about mobile websites and my Z30-img_20150318_230626.png

Via The BlackBerry Z30 experience!
    03-18-15 10:07 PM
    Thank you for your information. That explanation was awesome. Even though I have tried this setting both on and off it still goes to full site no matter what. I was thinking it might just be the BlackBerry browser.

As for you shifty88 I work all day and sometimes nights. Sorry I haven't gotten back to this as soon as you liked. Good grief

Open the Browser, tap the three dots in the lower right, choose Settings:
    • Tap Developer Tools
    • Observe the switch for Desktop Mode, toggle it to switch between the two states below;

1 - If ON, lit up blue and has a I in the switch circle, then the device will be treated as a computer on websites offering both computer and mobile device content. You will get what you would see via a computer.
    2 - If OFF, not lit up and O in the circle, web sites that offer both computer and mobile content will offer the mobile version of the website.

Also, there are a lot of websites that do ignore a devices mobile/desktop preferences. Of those a few will offer either content, but you must first tap a link on their site to switch preferences.
    So look for "Full Site" or "Mobile Site" links, generally found at the very bottom of a sites web page.

03-20-15 03:44 PM
    Seems pretty simple to me...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150318_230626.png 
Views:	149 
Size:	55.9 KB 
ID:	342310

Via The BlackBerry Z30 experience!
    Yes very simple till it doesn't work. At that point it may be a bit complicated.

03-20-15 03:46 PM
    As already stated, give us examples of sites that don't redirect so we can test them on our devices. It could be that it's on the site's end and they haven't included the BB10 browser in the redirect code.

As for what I said about you not replying, I didn't mean you take too long. Go back and read your posts and then the ones before them. You posted without even acknowledging the past posts of people just trying to help. I work day and night 7 days a week. I feel ya.
    03-20-15 04:49 PM