I dropped my beloved Z30 into water while it was getting dark, i tried for half an hour to fish it up, then i found it the next morning 4 inch from the bank....
    I dried it in a bag of rice, openend it up dried it carefully and wanted to charge it but as you can imagine it did not work (((

So this was the best phone i ever owned, should i buy another one at 240 euro's for a phone that was a flagship in 2013?!?!?!!?

I'm afraid i get at most a year out of it before it gets to slow?

The leap and the Z3 are just downgraded Z30's.....
    08-24-15 12:50 PM
    I'm afraid i get at most a year out of it before it gets to slow?
    The logic behind that question seems off. Was your current Z30 slow before you trashed it? lol. If not then why would you think a new one would be? Plus, you said it yourself.. the Leap and Z30 are downgraded Z30's so do you think BlackBerry is going to change the BlackBerry 10 OS in such a way that would make those devices useless before their time? If you don't buy another Z30 but want to stay with BB10 your options are pretty sparse... Passport, Classic is all you got left if you don't want a Leap.
    08-24-15 12:54 PM
    Maybe your right, but whith all the newer apps coming out that require faster hardware?
    08-24-15 12:55 PM
    Maybe your right, but whith all the newer apps coming out that require faster hardware?
    Let's be real here. What new apps? There's not exactly a ton of new apps coming into BlackBerry World and if you're concerned more about Android apps, well, there's bigger issues there such as the Android runtime soon to be 2 versions behind what is available on Android. Some Android apps are already requiring higher versions of the Android runtime than what BlackBerry has, thus far, included.
    08-24-15 01:07 PM
    For my money the Z30 remains the best buy on the market today. Sometimes a good price can be found here in the marketplace. Bought one not long ago as a backup if anything happens to my daily driver, a Z30. This phone is likely to serve my functions for a long time to come. All about individual needs and preferences.
    phuoc likes this.
    08-24-15 01:12 PM
    You should be able to find one cheaper than that if you go used. I sold mine for $300 Canadian when I bought my Passport which is going on a year ago now.

Also, I agree with Bla1ze in that the new one will be just as solid as your old one until the next puddle it gets dropped into. If apps and specs are your concern, then maybe try to hold off until the Slider arrives. Otherwise, the Z30 might just be the best all touch BlackBerry that you can get regardless of the price. There are still people rocking their old 9900s so you can be sure that the Z30 is still going to be an acceptable choice for years to come.

There will always be older versions of apps that you should be able to find with a bit of searching and, for everything else, the web-based versions are usually just as good, if not better than the mobile apps so, to an extent, current BlackBerries are somewhat futureproof there.

The biggest concern is that you won't have the 'coolest' or 'latest and greatest' but I somehow doubt you ever really had that sensation with a BB10 device to begin with.
    08-24-15 01:23 PM
    If you can buy from shopblackberry, they have some good deals now.

Posted via CB10
    08-24-15 01:56 PM
    Let's be real here. What new apps? There's not exactly a ton of new apps coming into BlackBerry World and if you're concerned more about Android apps, well, there's bigger issues there such as the Android runtime soon to be 2 versions behind what is available on Android. Some Android apps are already requiring higher versions of the Android runtime than what BlackBerry has, thus far, included.
    Hey Bla1ze, curious about something. Recall way back when people were side loading android runtime to get more Droid applications to work. Do you think there'll be an avenue to do that down road? Let's just completely ignore the android situation going on simultaneously.

Posted via CB10
    08-24-15 02:14 PM
    Hey Bla1ze, curious about something. Recall way back when people were side loading android runtime to get more Droid applications to work. Do you think there'll be an avenue to do that down road? Let's just completely ignore the android situation going on simultaneously.

Posted via CB10

They were only sideloading it at the time because BB screwed up and put out essentially an 'unrestricted' Android runtime. The chances of that happening again are pretty slim considering it hasn't happened again thus far and that was many, many moons ago.
    tufcustomer likes this.
    08-24-15 02:52 PM
    So i ended up buying another Z30 from which i'm posting now

Posted via CB10
    FF22, Pcmx and powereds like this.
    09-03-15 02:12 PM
    Why are you asking us what to buy? If you liked your Z30, then get a new one. They're cheap now. If you didn't, then get something different. This should be your decision, not mine.

Rock'n the awesome Z30 STA100-5 on 10.3.2.2168
    09-03-15 06:27 PM
    Why are you asking us what to buy? If you liked your Z30, then get a new one. They're cheap now. If you didn't, then get something different. This should be your decision, not mine.

Rock'n the awesome Z30 STA100-5 on 10.3.2.2168
    While this is true, nothing wrong with getting some opinions.

Posted via CB10
    09-03-15 09:39 PM
    Well the Z30 is only 2 years old now and I find a lot of tech much older than it still quite useful so I think you did good on getting another Z30! Plus it looks nice and people will think it's new who don't know BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    09-03-15 09:54 PM
    If I didn't just get a Z10, I would get a Z30. If you truly liked BB10, then the Z30 is still one of the best BlackBerry phones on the market. I think the Z10 is great.

Posted via Z10
    09-03-15 09:58 PM
    Hey Bla1ze, curious to know what device you have and why.

Posted via CB10
    09-04-15 02:06 AM
    He has all BlackBerry devices. I can tell you I use a Verizon Z30 and love it!!

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    09-04-15 06:04 AM
    Maybe you could buy a used one for less so that you can change it in a few months or after a year..... less costly too

Edit : I replied too late. Oops...

Posted via CB10
    09-04-15 06:51 AM

Posted via CB10
    I also would like to know his favorite device we know Kevin likes Apples think BLa1ze likes Berrys or Sammys ??
    09-04-15 06:54 AM
    ^^ using the Zlider

Posted via P'CB10
    09-04-15 05:20 PM
    ^^ using the Zlider

Posted via P'CB10
    I bet he is lol. Probably has the review ready for posting and everything

Posted via CB10
    Pcmx likes this.
    09-04-15 07:06 PM