I gather that, but then my only excuse to get the Passport would be " I just want it." That doggy won't hunt in my house. But go on, will I have to send the phone off somewhere or could any phone repair shop do it?

Posted via CB10
    You can do it yourself. I did a few times. Not because I broke that much but my first cheap replacement went out so I out the old cracked one back in until I got a good replacement and put that in.

There is a great video on how to by JC, not John Chen

08-09-15 05:11 PM
    You can do it yourself. I did a few times. Not because I broke that much but my first cheap replacement went out so I out the old cracked one back in until I got a good replacement and put that in.

There is a great video on how to by JC, not John Chen

Will check it out, thanks. Doing it myself is not something I would normally consider. If I try it will post how it went. Possibly from a new Passport after destroying the Z30. Fingers crossed, because all kidding aside I still love this phone (Z30).

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    08-09-15 05:21 PM
    Well I threw my phone as hard as I could once across a parking lot and it still works fine. Minus the mic when filming doesn't work but I don't care.

Posted via CB10
    08-09-15 09:52 PM
    You sure about that? Seems there were plenty of bent passport threads here.
    The Passport issues were very isolated in comparison to the issues with the iPhone 6's. I've only owned BlackBerry devices, and I've never had one bend on me before.

Z30 STA100-5 on 10.3.2.2168
    08-10-15 08:07 AM
    Please be advised that if you do plan on changing the screen, make sure it is not digitizer only. It must state that it includes the frame, as well as the logo. Otherwise you will wind up like I did and facing a difficult task of removing the old frame. It is not only difficult without the right tools, it is totally pointless. The screen with the frame runs about $40 in black. And possibly $50 in white. But the good news is if you do purchase the right tools ($7.00+/-) it is extremely easy. Just do it on a well let area and a light surface over white if possible. The video by JC is extremely helpful.

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    08-10-15 03:35 PM
    Please be advised that if you do plan on changing the screen, make sure it is not digitizer only. It must state that it includes the frame, as well as the logo. Otherwise you will wind up like I did and facing a difficult task of removing the old frame. It is not only difficult without the right tools, it is totally pointless. The screen with the frame runs about $40 in black. And possibly $50 in white. But the good news is if you do purchase the right tools ($7.00+/-) it is extremely easy. Just do it on a well let area and a light surface over white if possible. The video by JC is extremely helpful.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks, I forgot to mention that!
    08-10-15 07:05 PM
    Great video by JC...and nobody in my area can replace the screen quickly or cheaply. One quote was 14days (as a target) and �169.

Right. I can get a new one on amazon for �200. Tomorrow.

But I am going to wait. Crack isn't on the used area of screen. Thanks for the advice here though.

Posted via CB10
    08-11-15 08:28 AM
    It gets attention in the way of the carbon fibre looking backing. I dropped mine once, naked, on top of the lawnmower. It was okay with only minor screen scuffs but my concern with it was not having a pocket to put it in with no clothes on and the negative attention I was getting from the neighbours for it
    kbz1960 likes this.
    08-12-15 12:14 AM
    It gets attention in the way of the carbon fibre looking backing. I dropped mine once, naked, on top of the lawnmower. It was okay with only minor screen scuffs but my concern with it was not having a pocket to put it in with no clothes on and the negative attention I was getting from the neighbours for it
    Badumpump, tish!

Posted via CB10
    Pcmx likes this.
    08-12-15 01:28 PM
    I get a couple questions about my Z30 here and there. Ill tell them its a Blackberry and they respond with "BlackBerry still exists?"
    08-13-15 03:32 PM
35 12