We've all heard the (older) rumors that Blackberry will release a new phone sometime this year with the codename Aristo sometime this year, within months of the Z10 and Q10 launch. This phone, to put it simply, would be an absolute beast. A larger processor, better battery, and bigger screen are all things I've heard of. Does anyone believe there is any merit to this claim, and if so, what do you think about it?

I think that if this is true, this could either be highly beneficial to Blackberry, or detrimental. I think this could be an asset to Blackberry because if they wait a few months to see consumers issues with the Z10 play out, they could release a better version of the phone. Plus, an improved phone could help pull consumers.

At the same time, I also feel this could be a bad move for Blackberry because releasing a brand new phone months after they released two new phones that were supposed to be the saviors of the company would be, in at least my eyes, at least a sign that your previous phones were not good enough.

So what do you think?
    02-16-13 05:23 PM
    I think they will release the Aristo Phablet device in October - November.
    02-16-13 05:29 PM
    Good release because Z10 is not in the realm of the next iPhone 6 or Galaxy IV.
    02-16-13 05:44 PM
    Aaaaah, but will it run our railway empires any better than the Aristo' Revolution system ? lol

http://www.aristocraftforum.com/vbul...ad.php?t=14688
    02-16-13 06:15 PM
    STOP IT, THIS TYPE OF THREAD IS POINTLESS.

Listen, when the Aristo pic came out. The Z10 was just a flicker in Jim's eye. Then it was delayed twice, ya, the Aristo specs are hot, they would be great if they were released right now.

Are they? No, so most likely they will be regular specs when they are released. Is that what they want for an Aristo? No. As a result, they will likely respec it with whatever they have when they are wanting to release the device.
    Cracklen likes this.
    02-16-13 11:44 PM
    I believe it is a magical unicorn. Have fun chasing it.
    02-24-13 05:15 PM
    STOP IT, THIS TYPE OF THREAD IS POINTLESS.
    Listen, when the Aristo pic came out. The Z10 was just a flicker in Jim's eye. Then it was delayed twice, ya, the Aristo specs are hot, they would be great if they were released right now.

Are they? No, so most likely they will be regular specs when they are released. Is that what they want for an Aristo? No. As a result, they will likely respec it with whatever they have when they are wanting to release the device.
    pretty much what you would expect from a forum titled "rumoured devices"
    Agreed that they will definitely respec the aristo prior to release, theres no way that an internal document from last year is going to be up to par with present device specs when released.
    02-26-13 02:11 PM
    I dont know if BB Will still release the Aristo but I hope so after seeing the specs. My main focus is on getting the Q10 or a Z10 slider.
    02-26-13 06:58 PM
    I would like to see the A and the docking tablet BlackBerry patented come out together...that would be a gadget lovers dream.

Posted via CB10
    02-28-13 10:13 PM
    If BlackBerry doesn't release a quad core phone, they will fall behind. Possibly in performance, but definitely in the eyes of consumers.
    03-01-13 04:56 PM
    If BlackBerry doesn't release a quad core phone, they will fall behind. Possibly in performance, but definitely in the eyes of consumers.
    I don't think the quad core thing is actually that important, it is the big displays on those phones that people are paying attention to far more than how many cores.
    03-02-13 05:16 AM
    I don't think the quad core thing is actually that important, it is the big displays on those phones that people are paying attention to far more than how many cores.
    In my experience, those who don't know much about phones like we do (most consumers) will just turn to the specs when deciding and think that's it...."Well the HTC Rezound is .3MHz faster than the Droid Razr so it must be a better phone". Now with the new HTC One, GSIV, and other phones that are already out or will be coming out that are quad core, I'm sure that will become the norm. If BlackBerry doesn't keep up, then we could have another BB7 situation. I doubt that will happen since BlackBerry is smart enough NOW.
    03-02-13 07:31 AM
    I hope so, I know I want one. I personally think that BlackBerry needs to have a steroids phone. Your average consumer will use the spec's to make their decision, but don't forget that the uninformed (most) sales staff uses numbers and spiff money to sway those uninformed buyers.
    Does anyone know if BlackBerry is offering spiff money to sales representatives?
    marka_450 likes this.
    03-06-13 06:15 PM
    It's coming our mar 22 on Rogers Canada

Posted via CB10
    ddlax22 likes this.
    03-09-13 07:16 PM
    In my experience, those who don't know much about phones like we do (most consumers) will just turn to the specs when deciding and think that's it...."Well the HTC Rezound is .3MHz faster than the Droid Razr so it must be a better phone". Now with the new HTC One, GSIV, and other phones that are already out or will be coming out that are quad core, I'm sure that will become the norm. If BlackBerry doesn't keep up, then we could have another BB7 situation. I doubt that will happen since BlackBerry is smart enough NOW.
    you're right. average consumers only care about the things they hear; and if what they hear is that "this phone has 8 of these things (cores) when this phone only has 2 of them", they'll be like: "Hey, it HAS to be better, right? " then they will proceed to buy it.
    unfortunately no general consumer will realize that BB10 is power efficient and will run amazingly on two "of those things".
    especially in a day where the instore carrier reps push it the same way that average consumers will look at it.
    same thing is going for screen size recently.
    ajst222 likes this.
    03-09-13 07:31 PM
    I heard from somebody who heard from somebody who works at BlackBerry that they will be releasing a phone to compete in the specs race, with an octacore processor, 4GB RAM, etc. Unfortunately, the way that this forum has been lately, I feel like I have to mention that hearing something from somebody who heard from somebody who works at BlackBerry (though possibly not even in the BB10 department) does NOT constitute an official statement from BlackBerry, so take this news with a grain of salt.
    03-09-13 07:56 PM
    I don't know if it will the leaked one or even be named that and it will only come if the Z10 and Q10 are successful
    03-09-13 08:16 PM
    I can tell you right now that unless RIM is able to secure the volume discounts, they will not be releasing Aristo at all. The phone is far too costly for Rim to make given their current state.

While yes they need a quad core phone out there, they can't afford to release another phone with sub 15% margins.

They won't be releasing Maldives either since the same principle applies. Too costly.

Posted via CB10
    03-09-13 11:23 PM
    I heard from somebody who heard from somebody who works at BlackBerry that they will be releasing a phone to compete in the specs race, with an octacore processor, 4GB RAM, etc. Unfortunately, the way that this forum has been lately, I feel like I have to mention that hearing something from somebody who heard from somebody who works at BlackBerry (though possibly not even in the BB10 department) does NOT constitute an official statement from BlackBerry, so take this news with a grain of salt.
    I think more than a grain would be required, there is basically zero chance of them using a quad + quad (they are not octocores really since only 4 work at a time) since that is not a qualcomm chip and they need to stick with them right now due to the need for lte especially in the markets that are more concerned about specs than others, 4gig of memory is not going to be happening anytime soon either because bb10 simply doesn't need it and having a lot more memory than you would need harms battery life since it has to be powered even if it is always unused.
    03-10-13 04:31 AM
    I can tell you right now that unless RIM is able to secure the volume discounts, they will not be releasing Aristo at all. The phone is far too costly for Rim to make given their current state.

While yes they need a quad core phone out there, they can't afford to release another phone with sub 15% margins.
    I actually think that they won't release anything with the exact same specs as the aristo leak for the simple reason that half of them are outdated now for a phone aimed at that part of the market, it is going to need to be a 5" display and ideally 1080p rather than 720p, the memory is not that big a deal since it is also the same as the z10/q10 and as far as quad-cores there are plenty of options out there that are not going to be too harsh on their margins especially when this is going to be something that won't be coming out until the end of the year anyway.
    03-10-13 04:34 AM
    It's coming our mar 22 on Rogers Canada

Posted via CB10
    What??! You are Still talking about the aristo here right?
    Source?
    Or even a little slow to back this up?

Posted via CB10
    03-16-13 01:59 AM
    I think it's the sharp high quality resolution, big display coupled with high speed processors and decent battery life. I saw a Z10 beside an S4 as an illustration of thevdifference in visual resolution. BB has to counter this in the software upgrade arena. I havent held an S4 with a Z10 to compare size convenience issue. Good quality apps will be another deal breaker.
    03-16-13 08:30 PM
    I look at a lot of things when choosing my next smartphone as I know whatever I choose, I will be stuck with for the next 2 years. My 9800 has been a top value phone with my favourite feature- a qwerty keyboard. It is let down by a under powered 624mhz processor and poor battery life. A Q10 with a fast processor, , 2100 mAh battery and keyboard is a great handy sized phone. A Z10 slider, possibly even better. Hard to know until you physically hold, use and compare. Difficult when the sailing boat hasn't reached Australia. Yes a Jet plane is quicker.
    03-16-13 08:42 PM