Just wondering how good the glass is on Z30 and if you use a screen protector?
    10-11-13 07:10 PM
    I haven't put anything on my Z10, but I do on my Q10. And if I get a Z30 it won't have one either.
    10-11-13 07:42 PM
    I'm still using the screen protection that the phone came with in the box, which works fine, while I'm waiting for some screen protectors that I've ordered. I've seen on some forums here users saying that the screen on the Z30 scratches pretty easily.

Posted via CB10
    10-12-13 03:40 AM
    Just wondering how good the glass is on Z30 and if you use a screen protector?
    WHF, now you gonna open a thread for ask what we do with each one of our phones?
    10-12-13 04:03 AM
    WHF, now you gonna open a thread for ask what we do with each one of our phones?
    Huh? Doesn't make sense
    10-12-13 10:06 AM
    Even Gorilla Glass 3 doesn't foolproof your screen from any scratches. There are many comments and blogs around the web where you can read about scratches on devices featuring Gorilla Glass. Last year I watched a video demonstrating how astonishing easy GG scratches. No, it didn't require any fancy or expensive stuff to do so.

So regardless of the used glass I always recommend a screen protector. Which brad to use depends on the country you're living. Martin Fields has a very decent reputation. Here in Germany I can recommand Brando, Exilem and Schutzfolien24.de (M3Vikuiti reseller). Next question would be the type of screen protector to get, usually there are matte, anti-glare ones and ultra-clear ones.

While the latter protectors are designeg to be as invisible as possible, the anti-glare ones are designed to reduce reflections and visible fingerprints. They do have a (very) visible impact on your screen however, which unfortunatly seems to be even more visible on pentile AMOLED screens like the Z30 has. They're also slightly textured and have a nicer feel on them, kind of like paper.

Be aware though those protectors only help against scratches. They really won't do anything at all to prevent shattering after dropping the falling.

Posted via the awesome Blackberry Q10
    10-12-13 10:37 AM
    I don't use a screen protector on my Z10, but that has probably been one of the biggest mistakes I have made since getting this phone. If I were to buy the Z30 I would definitely get a screen protector, as well as a quality case.

Posted via CB10
    10-12-13 10:52 AM
    I don't use a screen protector on my Z10, but that has probably been one of the biggest mistakes I have made since getting this phone. If I were to buy the Z30 I would definitely get a screen protector, as well as a quality case.

Posted via CB10
    Amen to that. I rocked my Z10 naked for most of its life until I went on a three week tour of the gold Coast in Australia and managed to dump my keys in with my Z10 and the steel scratched the screen. I proceeded to put a matte screen protector on to hide the scratches but I can still sort of see them and it drives me absolutely bonkers.

Posted via CB10
    10-13-13 02:32 AM
    I still got the original screen protector from the box. Must be easy to get one installed, using galaxy or 5" sony screen protector.

Posted via CB10
    10-13-13 03:02 AM
    I highly recommend a screen protector. I scratched my Z30 screen before I even put in the SIM card. (
    12-10-13 06:05 PM
    Recommending AGAINST the Clarivue Ultra-Clear. It has a surface which exhibits a slight tack and makes swiping more difficult than without it on at all.

SQN100-1 + 10.2.1.1055 | STA100-3 + 10.2.1.1055
    12-10-13 06:13 PM
    I used to always put screen protectors on my BBs and I always end up ripping them off within a month. Then I realized that I have never scratched a BB screen ever so I didn't get one for my Z30. I do use a Commuter case though and I carry my phone in a soft pocket of my purse with nothing else. If I had to carry it in my pocket with keys and change I would have one for sure.

Posted via CB10
    12-10-13 07:44 PM
    NO. It stays in a leather case when not in use, though. Same as my z10 and S3. No scratches on any of them
    12-10-13 07:58 PM
    I've got the protector that is included with the Transform Case and can recommend it.
    Some protective films have a surface that slows your fingers' glide across the surface: I hate that.
    This one feels as if there?s nothing there: same feeling as before I applied it.

Posted via CB10
    12-10-13 08:05 PM
    I use a screen protector on my Z30 and I hate it. Unlike my previous Z10, the Z30 has a curved edge on the screen. Z10 is flat. Swiping, you can feel the edge of the screen protector which drives me nuts! Obviously, the lesser of two evils deal with the screen protector but I wish I didn't have to!
    12-10-13 08:07 PM
    Yes

Posted via CB10
    12-10-13 08:08 PM
    Yes.

Posted via CB10
    12-10-13 08:09 PM
    I use the anti glare protectors for the soft easy glide. I find without the protector finger doesn't glide smoothly

Posted via CB10
    12-10-13 08:11 PM
    no screen protector on mine. since all these curved screens came out the screen protectors ive seen no longer fit perfectly and always remain visible because they either avoid the curved edges or bubble over them. i loved them when they were invisible on flat screens but nowadays i have just learned to love the naked glass feel on the screens and just use polywatch in case i get small scratches

Posted via CB10
    12-10-13 11:00 PM
    I don't usually use them but I have kept the original screen plastic on my Z30.

Posted from my Z30 via the CB app
    12-11-13 04:06 AM
    I used the original one that came on the phone for a couple of weeks until my pocket pouch came in and then ripped that thing off as fast as I could. There is nothing like using the phone without a layer of plastic on the glass. Same with my Z10. Used it since shortly after launch and didnt have a scratch on it.
    12-11-13 07:15 AM
    NO. It stays in a leather case when not in use, though. Same as my z10 and S3. No scratches on any of them
    Never! But I do pay attention to it. I don't put it in a pocket with anything else

Posted via CB10
    12-11-13 09:04 AM
    I'm using the screen protector that came with the Otterbox commuter case. Yes, the Otterbox commuter comes with a sturdy screen protector that is very easy to put in. Nobody ever told me that!

Posted via CB10
    12-11-13 09:10 AM
    Can anyone recommend a good, clear screen protector (brand?) that's available in Toronto?
    12-11-13 11:06 AM
    I haven't taken my original screen protector off either. I'm so glad I haven't, it has caught many rogue scratches already. My only problem is that it could probably get scratched with a feather. Man that thing is garbage. Unfortunately it doesn't look like I'll be taking it off anytime soon either. I hear the leather flip shell case won't fit on my VZW Z30, I'll know for sure in a couple of days.

Oh, and those matte finish non reflective, non-fingerprinting screen protectors really take away from the beauty of your device/screen. I have one on my Playbook, decided to replace it one day, and my goodness my Playbook seemed to glow like the day I unboxed it. It helps, but after awhile you'll become desensitized to the beauty beneath.
    12-11-13 11:40 AM
86 123 ...