My Z30 is my daily driver, it simplicity and intuitiveness is a game changer.

I also have a galaxy S5 for company use that i'm forced to keep on my person.
    Ursus Rufus likes this.
    01-31-16 11:03 AM
    Have you tried BlackBerry Express for presentations? I generally only use it when I'm in a hurry and the results are mostly excellent. I'm sure having more time to play with it you'd get even better results.

Posted via CB10
    I have played around with Express and I agree that, for a standalone presentation programme, it is fantastic and fantastically easy to use. Unfortunately, I have to post my presentations on the college website and in a form that ensures that everyone can access. As my presentations are exclusively word-based I don't need any graphics or photos. So PP/DocsToGo it is.

Incidentally, the last BBM update seems to have cured the flickering screen that has marred the performance of the Z30 since a couple of u/d ago. Fingers crossed that this is so because BB gave me false hopes in the past in this regard.

Over the weekend I d/l as many of the 'B4BB' apps that I think will be useful to me but over which I have been dithering. As many have said, we must continue to support the conscientious and dedicated devs who are still working to keep our devices relevant. I know that some people have difficulty in making international payments but for everyone else please pay the small amounts that these devs ask for their work. They are really working very had for very small amounts per d/l. In Browsie Browser, for example, Daani gives you the app for free but asks (very nicely) if you would like to buy him a cup of coffee. I immediately did so through the user-friendly access in BBW. It all helps.

Finally, I am sitting in my favourite coffee house, having several fantastic espressos. My Z30 is at a comfortable level on a portable tripod stand, I am typing on a foldable BT keyboard. If I needed to do much editing I would pull my MS Wedge BT mouse out of my waist bag for this purpose. The phone and the keyboard also go back into the waist bag when I leave. As I said, who needs a notebook? Oh, and I am connected to the phone by a BT earpiece (waterproof, because it is raining between here and the Metro/Subway/Underground/Tube.

Z30: the heart of a complete mobile office system.

Sorry for the length of the post but I needed to explain just how the Z30 fulfils all my communication needs. YMMV if you need FB/Twitter/Instagram etc. If TL simply DR.

Sent from my Z30
    01-31-16 09:51 PM
    Purchased a new Z30 from Verizon almost a year ago due to my Z10 getting a bit long in the tooth (still works fine) and wanting a new phone. I got my Z10 March 28th, introduction day on Verizon in the US. I tried to wait for Blackberry to come out with an all new high spec all touch devise, but I got tired of waiting lol so hello Z30. But in some ways, my Z10 performed better. Seem to have more WiFi problems and have to reboot more often when things start to go wonky.

If Blackberry goes all android, I guess this will be the last phone I buy until it and/or my Z10 totally dies. I hate android and the apple cult has never appealed to me. Wake up Chen! With a bazillion droids to choose from we don't need another one. Make it Bb10, make it high end, make it limited and marketed to professional users and those of us who care less about the color, and more about the quality and you won't be able to keep em in stock.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on my Sony Xperia Z2 tablet since no Bb10 tablet exists
    cdnynot and FF22 like this.
    02-01-16 10:59 AM
    I received a Z30 as a replacement for a Z10 that was destroyed after I rode my bike in to a canal (not by choice). It's a great phone and suits my needs just as well as the Z10. The camera seems fine except for shots taken with HDR mode looked washed out.

It's just like a big Z10.
    02-01-16 12:38 PM
    Aaaaand, of course, those of you who had the patience to plough through my dribblings (above) will have realised that the Z30 and the system are far smarter than I am! I do not have to send myself an email with my presentation attached. As I have Dropbox on my computer as well as on the Z30 I just have to save it in DB on the computer and I can simply access it on the mighty Zed. Just gotta love links in this technologically connected age. Off now to teach this week's class with everything loaded on the Zed.

Sent from my Z30
    02-03-16 09:33 PM
    Had used android for years and switched to BlackBerry just last year. It's a lot stronger in its communication ability and it's no doubt a better phone than Android in the professional world.

When I get off work I turn back to my old android phones for games and leisure, which won't get me much problem with its almost dead battery.

My life spins around my BlackBerry. If you want more apps support, buy a cheap android phone as an accompany.

Posted via CB10
    FF22 likes this.
    02-04-16 10:05 PM
    Which newspaper buddy. BlackBerry has committed its continuous devlopment for BB10. And as far as Z30 is concerned, its a great phone. So i am not gonna leave it anytime soon

Posted via CB10
    02-04-16 11:24 PM
    My 6P was stolen and I had sold my back up phone so I pulled out my old trusty Berry. I have to say even though I do miss out on some apps, I really do remember how much I love this phone.
    Ursus Rufus and anon(5830442) like this.
    02-05-16 02:11 AM
    Definitely Yes, until BB release its successor or BB10 officially stopped
    Ursus Rufus and J_Apryono like this.
    02-05-16 03:53 AM
    Mine kicks as*. Play a ton of music, 64 gig SD card and the OTG option let's me plug in a mother lode of easily retrievable data. The I-fruits, droids I come across in my musical ventures are just in awe. The fact that I can blend it while occasionally on desktop / laptop is even more amazing . They just don't know what they're missing. Wake up BlackBerry, your on to something.

Posted via CB10
    02-05-16 07:38 PM
    Bull****. After testing various high end android devices for years my Zed30 still flawless than the rest. Though it varies by matter of personal preference, I've had a seamless experiences with all my BB10 devices, despite the "app gap" by some complaints. Twatter and Crapbook just aren't deciding factor for me to abandon ship.

To each his own I guess.

Holla!

DS

Posted via CB10
    + 1 already used many android phone also (but priv not yet)

Delivered by my Z30
    darkshin0b11 likes this.
    02-07-16 04:23 AM
    Long live my Z30
    My one and only daily driver. No other devices good enough to replace you.
    Do you still want to use your BlackBerry Z30??-img_20160206_070924_edit.jpg

Posted via CB10
    02-07-16 05:49 AM
    Watched some EPL football on my awesome Z30 this morning. I'm a lucky man! Had my Passport SE to talk with our BBM group during the games. Two superlative devices!

"I don't think that word means what you think it means."
    02-07-16 01:34 PM
    Long live my Z30
    My one and only daily driver. No other devices good enough to replace you.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20160206_070924_edit.jpg 
Views:	1460 
Size:	55.0 KB 
ID:	390532

Posted via CB10
    That is a great looking phone! So is the Z10. So is the Q10. I'd buy any of them again today. The little things like Reader Mode, Share, app integration, hub, make it very hard to leave.
    BUT other little things like my old appointments disappearing after a couple months (some with meeting notes attached), cumbersome finagling of Android apps (like gopro and certain location-based apps), second rate camera, and reception that does not work as well as the Note, make me believe that switching is inevitable. Having to consider the Priv has also got me looking at other androids offerings. I'll be comparing the LG5 to it in a couple weeks and will likely make the jump in March.

Posted via CB10
    bigjman likes this.
    02-08-16 07:02 AM
    My 6P was stolen and I had sold my back up phone so I pulled out my old trusty Berry. I have to say even though I do miss out on some apps, I really do remember how much I love this phone.
    How is the 6p? I have a z10 now in need of a upgrade. I was looking into z30. I like 6p.

Posted via CB10
    02-08-16 04:24 PM
    I'm honestly tired of my Z30. The browser is pretty bad by 2016 standards, the camera is mediocre, and app support is pathetic. I'll probably upgrade to a Note 5 this year.

Posted via CB10
    02-08-16 09:04 PM
    how can you say far better than Android if you don't use one?
    The Z30 was easily my favorite phone. But the browser was terrible, the camera was lousy, the android runtime only allowed for certain apps to run properly, and the Android i have now runs circle around ANY blackberry phone.
    I don't know which Z30 you were using but I tested my browser against the Samsung Galaxy 5 and I phone 6 (html test) and this lousy browser whipped them both. I do agree on the camera though BlackBerry left us with the worst version of the camera possible. I had better camera's in the leaks coming up to 10.3. I have android apps on my zed and they work fine for what I need them for. To say that your Android phone runs circles around and BlackBerry phone would make me think that you are a little jaded in your views.

Posted via CB10
    02-08-16 09:19 PM
    Just bought one off Ebay. Loving it. Used to have a Torch 9960, missed the crisp layout when it failed. Used Samsung and Huawei for Android, not the same. Finding that everything is much clearer and friendly with the BB10 OS. Hoping they continue with it.
    Ursus Rufus likes this.
    02-08-16 09:38 PM
    I have my Z30 as a back up now. However, It is still a very effective tool for both entertainment and running my business. I used it yesterday and was still quite surprised how fast and capable it is.

If you routinely clean out your caches, clean out your browser and do a hard reboot once a week, it will keep humming.

"I don't think that word means what you think it means."
    Last edited by LoneStarRed; 02-09-16 at 03:06 PM.
    02-08-16 10:13 PM
    I'm honestly tired of my Z30. The browser is pretty bad by 2016 standards, the camera is mediocre, and app support is pathetic. I'll probably upgrade to a Note 5 this year.

Posted via CB10
    Well, as the owner of several Androids (no Note 5 yet but that series is great!, & the one that started it all, in terms of size!) and an iPhone. Prefer my Z30 to them all. No equivocating, no apologies.

Not sure what you mean about the broswer. In terms of efficiency and speed, Z30 kicks the other browsers into the buttercups!! A fact that has actually been reported on.

Posted via CB10
    Kessaz likes this.
    02-09-16 01:08 PM
    (In my dream), I saw BlackBerry released it's successor.
    With bigger screen (5.5"), slightly improve resolution (FHD), better camera (front and rear) , decent battery (3500mAH), with make sense pricing.
    Then I wake up, and nothing happens....

Posted via CB10
    02-10-16 02:30 AM
    Loved the z30 but I'm giving up on BB. When they abandoned bb10 and went android it was over for me. I was always hoping for a Z 30 type in a size like I phone 6+, but it never happened ,very frustrated. I'm now sporting an iPhone 6s Plus, the z30 now sits in a dresser drawer, sad .
    02-10-16 07:44 PM
    Just back from teaching my class in legal writing and drafting. Prepared the lesson in PowerPoint, sent it as an attachment to an email to myself and saved it on the Z30 as a PowerPoint doc in Docs to Go. Connected the Z30 to the classroom projector via an HDMI/VGA adapter and did my presentation. Occasionally switched to DuckDuckGo to bring up a website. Who needs to lug a computer about? Who needs anything more than a Z30?Unbelievably efficient, effective and sophisticated.

Sent from my Z30
    I did this a lot with my Z10. So convenient!
    02-13-16 02:47 PM
    I wish ha ha
    02-14-16 01:56 PM
    Just got the Z30 to supplement the Priv because the Priv gets so hot and the battery drains within 4-5 hours. Z30 is a very well built phone.. the back feels very comfortable in the hand, the size is perfect, and BB10 is very fluid and efficient.
    Geez...that is not encouraging to hear about the Priv. BB going Android is kinda like when General Motors took 100% ownership of Saab in 2000 and in 2003 started putting alot of GM parts (Engine, transmission, etc) into Saabs. Saab's were never the same. Saab was a well built niche car that was known for Safety and appealed to an educated niche market. Blackberry made well built phones known for security and appealed to professionals. See the similarities: Big corporations trying to save small niche brands (General Motors-Saab) (Android-Blackberry).

Saab Automobile is gone now (Like the Dodo bird). Like Blackberry, Saab has other divisions that functions independently and bring in revenue. Let's hope the handset division survives, but you have to live with parts (Android OS) that are not superior to the Blackberry parts (BB10 OS)

P.S. Just sold my faithful Saab this past Summer with close to 400k miles. Heated seats, Turbo and AC still was working. My Z30 will last long like my Saab did...
    Last edited by Bay 13; 02-14-16 at 08:11 PM.
    Ursus Rufus and Gallofa like this.
    02-14-16 07:53 PM
173 12345 ...