With my nexus 7 tablet, I can stream videos from online (chrome browser) to my samsung tv. I do this via sharing the browser to a DNLA app like beam or bubbleupnp and into lays directly on my TV. The key here is I don't have anything in my nexus tablet - didn't download the video locally to play.

Is there a way to so this on z30? My TV doesn't support miracast.

Posted via CB10
    12-15-14 11:48 AM
    Plug it in via HDMI?
    12-15-14 12:32 PM
    Wierd question. Does it support WiDi? If it's Samsung, it usually does.

Posted via CB10
    12-15-14 12:47 PM
    I'm not sure why the DLNA is being run through a 2nd party when you can just run it directly to the TV honestly. If it's a smart TV that is.
    12-15-14 12:50 PM
    I'm not sure why the DLNA is being run through a 2nd party when you can just run it directly to the TV honestly. If it's a smart TV that is.
    How do I do that with my z30? My TV is a smarttv..how do in play the content from my browser to tv without wires?
    My TV doesn't have widi

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by vhl71; 12-15-14 at 02:25 PM.
    12-15-14 01:08 PM
    Did you turn on "media sharing" within settings on the Z30? That triggers DNLA for music, photos and video.

Posted via CB10
    12-15-14 02:05 PM
    Did you turn on "media sharing" within settings on the Z30? That triggers DNLA for music, photos and video.

Posted via CB10
    Yes.
    But that only shares the videos that are in my phone. In my case I need to be able watch the online streaming videos from my phone to tv

Posted via CB10
    12-15-14 02:26 PM
    I got a Microsoft Display Adapter and i can Miracast to it with my Z30 ! Way cool.

The dark side: Microsoft Windows 7 won't support their adapter from my W7 laptop !?!?!?
    timboalogo likes this.
    12-15-14 05:08 PM
    Just turn on media sharing on the phone for the folders and make sure you have a check mark for the tv in the sharing section and then push the source button on the remote and you should see the blackberry folders in the list if you did it right, then click the blackberry and it will send you to whatever folders you shared so you can pick what you want.
    12-15-14 05:49 PM
    Just turn on media sharing on the phone for the folders and make sure you have a check mark for the tv in the sharing section and then push the source button on the remote and you should see the blackberry folders in the list if you did it right, then click the blackberry and it will send you to whatever folders you shared so you can pick what you want.
    As I said, I've no videos on my Z30. I use websites that play videos - in the bb browser. I need the ability to stream that to TV which I can do with android using DNLA. No local content on the phone
    12-15-14 05:52 PM
    I know you can do it with Miracast, but personally I have yet to have success.
    12-15-14 05:53 PM
    Unfortunately my tv doesn't have miracast. I tried downloading the android apps which support DNLA on Z30. But they dont work
    12-15-14 06:01 PM
    As I said, I've no videos on my Z30. I use websites that play videos - in the bb browser. I need the ability to stream that to TV which I can do with android using DNLA. No local content on the phone
    Have tried using the same apps as you did on your Android? I doubt it work but you never know. As for the quality are you able to actually stream something at 720 or higher and then broadcast to a monitor without any lag or drop in quality?

Posted via CB10
    12-16-14 11:30 AM
    Have tried using the same apps as you did on your Android? I doubt it work but you never know. As for the quality are you able to actually stream something at 720 or higher and then broadcast to a monitor without any lag or drop in quality?

Posted via CB10
    I tried the android apps- but they don't work on Z30.
    the videos are not more than 720p. Most of them work without lag from my nexus 7 to TV. Its bummer this doesn't work on Z30
    12-16-14 11:36 AM
    I tried the android apps- but they don't work on Z30.
    the videos are not more than 720p. Most of them work without lag from my nexus 7 to TV. Its bummer this doesn't work on Z30
    Maybe it will will on 10.3.1. I'll test it out in the next couple days. I would only use it if it could handle 720p. (once you blow something up to 120 inches you have too have HD)

Posted via CB10
    12-16-14 11:55 AM
    I got a Microsoft Display Adapter and i can Miracast to it with my Z30 ! Way cool.

The dark side: Microsoft Windows 7 won't support their adapter from my W7 laptop !?!?!?
    Thanks for this. I just bought a Microsoft Display Adapter from Future Shop after reading your post. It works great for Miracast with my Z30. There was no setting up involved at all; it connected within 10 seconds if turning in Miracast.

Posted via CB10
    leglace1 likes this.
    12-22-14 12:06 PM
    Would be really nice if there were an app similar to bubbleupnp. Could a dev not make this and charge?

I have a z10 so no miracast and would like to stream from a media server downstairs to a chromecast upstairs.

If BlackBerry isin't making a push for more native apps, they need to open all api for android apps and really improve the player performance. Android apps are a bad experience currently.

I know it's difficult for BlackBerry but this is how to change their image.
    Out of the box this phone has much more than any other, but extending capabilities via apps is still weak. Oh well here's to a new year..

Posted via CB10
    devin266 likes this.
    12-28-14 08:50 AM
    If this is a smart tv why not just open a browser on the tv and go to the streaming site?
    12-28-14 08:10 PM
    If this is a smart tv why not just open a browser on the tv and go to the streaming site?
    Browser on my TV sucks. Constant buffering.and frequently crashes
    So streaming goes to really work on it

Posted via CB10
    01-02-15 03:06 AM