Ive had a z30 and sold it after 2 days. Went back to my z10. Main deal breaker for me was the screen resolution. It was too dim/dark. My z10 was alot better in terms of screen display even size. I also found fhe z30 to be quite heavy. Only think i liked about it was the battery life. Im glad i switchdd back to this z10. Battery sucks but i dont mind. Its my 3rd back up phone.

Posted via CB10
    05-02-14 07:38 PM
    I have the HTC One M8. Love the hardware but I cannot get over the inadequacies of the os. I find email, browsing, twitter and my Facebook inefficient on the Android device compared to on The Z30 with the HUB.

Posted via CB10
    05-02-14 11:36 PM
    I am disappointed.

Every selfie I take makes me look old, tired and overweight. I've tried using the time shift feature to look 25 years younger but for some reason I can't get it to work the way it's supposed to. TYPICAL Blackberry to over promise under deliver.

I'm hoping headless app support will fix the issues I'm having with looking old and tired.

.....i am sure going headless will cure that look
    05-02-14 11:45 PM
    Sounds like yours has a hardware issue, have you tried exchanging it?
    I haven't tried to exchange it. I don't know if it's possible I still have warranty to the 11.month. Do you think they exchange it?
    05-03-14 02:57 AM
    Have had my z30 for two weeks now & can honestly say that this is the best phone I have ever had. Would only give it up for the "z50".

Posted via CB10
    05-03-14 04:22 AM
    How are you disappointed? It doesn't have the gimmicky specs and it is still a powerhouse for this OS. The speakers and battery are stand out things for me. Speakers are definitely better quality/louder the HTC One (not sure about MT8). The battery lasts me for 2-3 days, with the same usage my Q10 dies in 10 hours (use to be more but since 10.2.1 it has) and my Z10 was dying in 5 hours. (i live in Waterloo so i end up testing all the phones).

This is arguably one of the most powerful devices of 2013 and 2014 only Sony Z2 is making a big upgrade that I know of so far (Apple).

Build quality is one of the best, have you ever held a samsung device? Everything is metal except for the rubber feel glass weave back.

Sure 1080p would be nice but right now I don't notice the PPI even with 20/20 vision but I'm sure I would if I actually look really close. Not sure how it would do for battery life though some say it would be better some say much worse.

Camera needs to be improved for sure but I don't know if it's just the placebo effect but it takes much better pictures then my Z10 or Q10 by a mile and in some conditions takes better pictures then my friends androids/iphones. They can easily optimize software wise without playing the megapixel game like Apple does.

Unless you are looking for fancy specs like octacore or 3gb of ram this is the best phone out there. Moto X is my second favourite believe it or not.
    Moto X is a beast... Just returned my Z30 a couple weeks ago for it. I've had every flagship Android phone since Android inception, and I'm shocked at how much more fluid the X is over all of them with much lesser specs. Motorola did some amazing stuff with this phone. Awesome one of a kind features on it as well.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk
    anon(5818411) likes this.
    05-03-14 05:34 AM
    Not at all! The screen is so bright I have to turn down the brightness, the speakers are so loud I have to turn them down. It's not too big for my hands and I can operate with one hand if need be while walking etc.
    Love it!
    My Z30's so bright, I gotta wear shades....

Posted using my BlackBerry Z30.
    05-03-14 08:31 AM
    I haven't tried to exchange it. I don't know if it's possible I still have warranty to the 11.month. Do you think they exchange it?
    If you're under warranty I don't see why not?
    05-03-14 08:42 AM
    I wouldn't say I was disappointed when I sold my Z30, just not all that impressed. The battery life and OS was great, but the screen quality, poor camera (compared to my previous iPhone) and large form factor turned me off.

I'm now rocking a Q10 and am much happier. To each their own, and I still think the Z30 is a good phone, just not a great one.

Posted with my Q10
    That's my concern. I went to view my coworkers Z30 and just instantly felt like everything on it was great, except the screen quality. I definitely didn't like the screen as much I do on my Z10.

I'm in a dilemma

�Sent from a larger than life device. Using Tapatalk�
    onlyoneromeo likes this.
    05-03-14 08:42 AM
    That's my concern. I went to view my coworkers Z30 and just instantly felt like everything on it was great, except the screen quality. I definitely didn't like the screen as much I do on my Z10.

I'm in a dilemma

Not picking, but these types of comments baffle me. Can I see a difference in the resolution between the Z10 and the Z30? Sure. Is it enough to make a difference in the phone's actual performance? Not if I use it for a phone.

Move that Z30 back away from your face - a little more. There. At about 18"-20", the resolution difference becomes a moot point. Even the S4 and S5 with their true HD screens aren't that different at this distance - especially when answering texts, emails and phone calls.

If you are watching movies on your phone, holding it 8" away from your face - yeah, there is a noticeable difference then. But now my question is, "Why?" With a Z10, you have HDMI, and with a Z30, you have the freedom of miracast. So why watch a movie on a 4"-5" screen when the technology supports so much more? Outside of the occasional YouTube video while you are waiting at the hairdresser, it just doesn't make sense.
    05-03-14 09:25 AM
    What about the bigger screen? Better, longer battery ?

STA100-5 White Z30 ,Tmobile, USA
    05-03-14 09:32 AM
    Not at all. The best phone I have ever owned. Love my Z30!!!!!
    05-03-14 09:33 AM
    Not picking, but these types of comments baffle me. Can I see a difference in the resolution between the Z10 and the Z30? Sure. Is it enough to make a difference in the phone's actual performance? Not if I use it for a phone.

Move that Z30 back away from your face - a little more. There. At about 18"-20", the resolution difference becomes a moot point. Even the S4 and S5 with their true HD screens aren't that different at this distance - especially when answering texts, emails and phone calls.

If you are watching movies on your phone, holding it 8" away from your face - yeah, there is a noticeable difference then. But now my question is, "Why?" With a Z10, you have HDMI, and with a Z30, you have the freedom of miracast. So why watch a movie on a 4"-5" screen when the technology supports so much more? Outside of the occasional YouTube video while you are waiting at the hairdresser, it just doesn't make sense.
    No difference between the s4 and s5? Come on man, that's ridiculous.. I've owned all three and the difference is night and day no matter what distance you hold the phone from your face. Heck, there is a noticeable difference between the Z30 and the Moto X, and they have the same resolution. Not taking anything away from the Z, as it's a good phone, but the screen is not one of its strong points at all.

05-03-14 09:43 AM

Since I've also got a Note 3, iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, and a Lumia 810... I really do care about the screen a lot. I'm actually getting a rid of my 810 for that very reason. I work in a cell phone store, I also work really long hours too. I spend a lot of time staring at my devices. Since I don't like to hold my Note 3 at work because it's too big, I've found my Z10 and 5c to be the most comfortable. They are my two daily drivers on my accounts.

I rarely use my Z10 as just a phone. I mostly use it for things that it's beautiful screen really helps me to enjoy. Since I've got two phones and the 5c is my work line, It gets used more as an actual phone more often. I'm not bashing the Z30, I just really love my Z10. That's not so wrong of me is it?

I've never thought to use Miracast to be honest. I am never at home. When I am, I am on my computer mostly.
    I'm not trying to start a flame war at all. If the Z50 has a screen like my Z10, I'll jump high and spend much! Haha.
    05-03-14 10:28 AM
    No difference between the s4 and s5? Come on man, that's ridiculous.. I've owned all three and the difference is night and day no matter what distance you hold the phone from your face. Heck, there is a noticeable difference between the Z30 and the Moto X, and they have the same resolution. Not taking anything away from the Z, as it's a good phone, but the screen is not one of its strong points at all.

First, I did not say that there was no difference, but that it was not a huge difference. Certainly not "night and day."

Second, the distance definitely makes a difference, due to the limitations inherent in human sight. Compare specs on screens designed for distance viewing vs hand held devices.

Posted via CB10
    05-03-14 11:58 AM
    Since I've also got a Note 3, iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, and a Lumia 810... I really do care about the screen a lot. I'm actually getting a rid of my 810 for that very reason. I work in a cell phone store, I also work really long hours too. I spend a lot of time staring at my devices. Since I don't like to hold my Note 3 at work because it's too big, I've found my Z10 and 5c to be the most comfortable. They are my two daily drivers on my accounts.

I rarely use my Z10 as just a phone. I mostly use it for things that it's beautiful screen really helps me to enjoy. Since I've got two phones and the 5c is my work line, It gets used more as an actual phone more often. I'm not bashing the Z30, I just really love my Z10. That's not so wrong of me is it?

I've never thought to use Miracast to be honest. I am never at home. When I am, I am on my computer mostly.
    I'm not trying to start a flame war at all. If the Z50 has a screen like my Z10, I'll jump high and spend much! Haha.
    Certainly not wrong of you, but I was confused by the dilemma comment. It doesn't sound like you really have a dilemma, after all.

Posted via CB10
    05-03-14 12:02 PM
    Certainly not wrong of you, but I was confused by the dilemma comment. It doesn't sound like you really have a dilemma, after all.

Posted via CB10
    I really want a newer BlackBerry. I'm disappointed I didn't like the screen. =(

Watch, I may still buy a Z30 anyways.

05-03-14 01:07 PM
    Does the Z30 screen feel different (to the touch) than the Z10?

Just wondering if the Z30 uses the same screen material as the Z10, or if the Z30 uses "Gorilla Glass" or whatever it is?
    05-03-14 01:53 PM
    First, I did not say that there was no difference, but that it was not a huge difference. Certainly not "night and day."

Second, the distance definitely makes a difference, due to the limitations inherent in human sight. Compare specs on screens designed for distance viewing vs hand held devices.

Posted via CB10
    That's cool, I guess we just differ in what we think is a night and day difference. To me, there is no comparison... Not even remotely close. Now, if you haven't used one of the nicer screens them I doubt the z shortcomings would bother you, but having used both and owning both at the same time... It bothered me enough to ditch the z.

05-03-14 01:59 PM
    Far from disappointed but should have had the same pixel depth or greater than the Z10. The screen seems a step back rather than forward.
    Other than that, it's spot on.
    05-03-14 02:01 PM
    That's cool, I guess we just differ in what we think is a night and day difference. To me, there is no comparison... Not even remotely close. Now, if you haven't used one of the nicer screens them I doubt the z shortcomings would bother you, but having used both and owning both at the same time... It bothered me enough to ditch the z.

I've only seen the S5 in the store, but I have an S4 and a 5s, in addition to several BlackBerry 10 devices. The S4 and S5 have great screens, no doubt, but for normal use, it's just not that beneficial.

Posted via CB10
    05-03-14 03:50 PM
    I sold mine too and kept z10 but got myself lg g2 instead. Good phone but I did not feel that antenna signal was better then my z10, sound is good, battery life awesome, camera not as good as lg g2 for example, screen not as good as z10. The only thing I dislike with BB is resale value that drops as you walk out of the store. So usually buy them used. LG G2 is also awesome phone, 5.2 inch screen a bit lighter then z30. Z30 has the best touch screen keyboard, period. But music player suck in BB10. So all of them has their own pros and cons
    Lmfao...this guy never owned one.

Posted via CB10
    05-03-14 05:12 PM
    Does the Z30 screen feel different (to the touch) than the Z10?

Just wondering if the Z30 uses the same screen material as the Z10, or if the Z30 uses "Gorilla Glass" or whatever it is?
    I don't know what material the Z30 screen is made of, but the finish is much slicker than the Z10's.

I frequently use a stylus, which tended to stick on the Z10 screen--but it slides easily on the Z30.

Posted via CB10
    05-03-14 07:50 PM
    I've only seen the S5 in the store, but I have an S4 and a 5s, in addition to several BlackBerry 10 devices. The S4 and S5 have great screens, no doubt, but for normal use, it's just not that beneficial.

Posted via CB10
    Like I said, we just differ in what we consider important. To me, the screen clarity/brightness is pinnacle in forming my opinion of a phone. The S4 and 5s are good screens, but side by side with an s5, they look washed out and dull. The Z (in my opinion of course) is a step below those two. As long as you're happy however, that's all that really matters.

05-03-14 07:53 PM
    I'm not. What is there to be disappointed about?

Posted via CB10
    Non replaceable battery.

Posted via CB10
    05-03-14 07:56 PM
107 ... 2345