Only the camera. Other wise, loving it
    So what you folks are saying is that the camera is better on the z10 than on the z30?

Posted via CB10 with z10
    05-02-14 08:10 AM
    I've just switched from an iPhone 5s to a z30 have to say it's fab not disappointed at all!

Posted via CB10
    05-02-14 08:13 AM
    So what you folks are saying is that the camera is better on the z10 than on the z30?

Posted via CB10 with z10
    Probably more isn't as good as some other phones. Aren't they the same camera?
    05-02-14 08:16 AM
    Anyone here who is disappointed with Z30?

Posted via CB10
    The only dissapointment with my Z30 is two things: 1) I cannot buy one for everyone I know 2) I only now (as soon as I could get it 11/13) have it and not owned it my entire life
    05-02-14 08:17 AM

Posted via CB10
    I am.. I dont know why but couldn't fix it. The battery consumption in idle is so high and it gets hot. I reloaded os twice but it hasn't been solved. The battery is about 9 - 10 hours. Even I wake up I see the battery is at 86 - 88 from 100. I wish I didn't buy it. I had better buy an iPhone with no heat. My phone sucks.
    05-02-14 08:18 AM
    I am.. I dont know why but couldn't fix it. The battery consumption in idle is so high and it gets hot. I reloaded os twice but it hasn't been solved. The battery is about 9 - 10 hours. Even I wake up I see the battery is at 86 - 88 from 100. I wish I didn't buy it. I had better buy an iPhone with no heat. My phone sucks.
    Sounds like yours has a hardware issue, have you tried exchanging it?
    05-02-14 08:50 AM

Posted via CB10 with z10
    I think so. The Z30 camera is not bad, I just find it takes a while to focus and you have to get is just right.
    05-02-14 10:37 AM
    I think so. The Z30 camera is not bad, I just find it takes a while to focus and you have to get is just right.
    Yes, I agree. I love the Z30, but if there were things BlackBerry could improve:

1) Better/easier camera focusing;
    2) Better voice activation/integration;
    3) Lighter weight;
    4) charging stand.

Apart from that, the Z30 is great!

Posted using my BlackBerry Z30.
    05-02-14 11:37 AM
    Yes, I agree. I love the Z30, but if there were things BlackBerry could improve:

1) Better/easier camera focusing;
    2) Better voice activation/integration;
    3) Lighter weight;
    4) charging stand.

Apart from that, the Z30 is great!

I have a charging stand, well wireless charger that I use as one.
    05-02-14 11:43 AM
    Either you have a faulty one which means it should be replaced, or you don't have one.
    05-02-14 12:45 PM
    I am disappointed.

Every selfie I take makes me look old, tired and overweight. I've tried using the time shift feature to look 25 years younger but for some reason I can't get it to work the way it's supposed to. TYPICAL Blackberry to over promise under deliver.

I'm hoping headless app support will fix the issues I'm having with looking old and tired.

05-02-14 01:41 PM
    How are you disappointed? It doesn't have the gimmicky specs and it is still a powerhouse for this OS. The speakers and battery are stand out things for me. Speakers are definitely better quality/louder the HTC One (not sure about MT8). The battery lasts me for 2-3 days, with the same usage my Q10 dies in 10 hours (use to be more but since 10.2.1 it has) and my Z10 was dying in 5 hours. (i live in Waterloo so i end up testing all the phones).

This is arguably one of the most powerful devices of 2013 and 2014 only Sony Z2 is making a big upgrade that I know of so far (Apple).

Build quality is one of the best, have you ever held a samsung device? Everything is metal except for the rubber feel glass weave back.

Sure 1080p would be nice but right now I don't notice the PPI even with 20/20 vision but I'm sure I would if I actually look really close. Not sure how it would do for battery life though some say it would be better some say much worse.

Camera needs to be improved for sure but I don't know if it's just the placebo effect but it takes much better pictures then my Z10 or Q10 by a mile and in some conditions takes better pictures then my friends androids/iphones. They can easily optimize software wise without playing the megapixel game like Apple does.

Unless you are looking for fancy specs like octacore or 3gb of ram this is the best phone out there. Moto X is my second favourite believe it or not.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    05-02-14 03:42 PM
    Only the camera. Other wise, loving it
    Strange...I love the Z30 camera compared to the HTC One I moved from...hated that piece of crap LOL
    05-02-14 03:48 PM
    Strange...I love the Z30 camera compared to the HTC One I moved from...hated that piece of crap LOL
    I do agree, everyone touts about HTC One Ultra Pixels but I saw it in a real world application and that camera is nothing about problems. Once it's a bit dim the camera is garbage.
    05-02-14 03:57 PM
    Nope!

And, I don't even own one....
    05-02-14 04:15 PM
    Not at all! The screen is so bright I have to turn down the brightness, the speakers are so loud I have to turn them down. It's not too big for my hands and I can operate with one hand if need be while walking etc.
    Love it!
    kbz1960 likes this.
    05-02-14 04:30 PM
    I am disappointed.

Every selfie I take makes me look old, tired and overweight. I've tried using the time shift feature to look 25 years younger but for some reason I can't get it to work the way it's supposed to. TYPICAL Blackberry to over promise under deliver.

I'm hoping headless app support will fix the issues I'm having with looking old and tired.

YOU are hysterical!
    I think you should publish this!....Wait! You just did!
    Bravo!!!!
    kbz1960 and blackburberry like this.
    05-02-14 04:31 PM
    Bye, Bye...
    Last edited by xenrobia; 05-04-14 at 05:07 PM.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    05-02-14 04:53 PM
    No, I'm not disappointed at all. There are no perfect phones, since every choice of technology is a trade off.

With the Z30, BlackBerry hit a sweet spot that balances hardware, software, specs and price yielding a device that is an absolute joy to use. Sure, we can nit pick individual specs and find fault with some random item, but that isn't really a measure of device performance.

As a package, this phone is top tier.

Posted via CB10
    xenrobia likes this.
    05-02-14 05:25 PM
    I have to say I am. Here's my problem.i own a z10 and several android devices. For.the money one cannot justify the z30 500 dollar price tag. Yes I know more screen real estate, faster processor and awesome battery. But is the phone 300 dollars better than a z10? No way. Sorry. I cant get lte(on att)the screen is a lot dimmer,its heavy and bulky, and it's over priced. I'm sitting here trying to justify keeping it when I already have a z10 that I get along with very well.

Posted via CB10
    ^^^^THIS!!!! I also prefer the Z10 size.

That said, I still wish AT&T would carry/sell the Z30 for more exposure. Oh....wait.....that would require BBRY marketing.......silly me to even think that.
    05-02-14 05:36 PM
    Love my Z10 and Z30. Awesome phones. Everybody should have one.. or two.

Disappointed with Z30? (I'm not, just curious!)-bb.jpg
    05-02-14 05:38 PM
    I am disappointed.

LOL. Should be a time machine.

Posted via CB10
    05-02-14 06:14 PM
    I am disappointed.

And here I thought I was the only one who felt this way Well said hahahaha
    05-02-14 06:20 PM
    I'm not saying it's bad, just the auto focus takes time and if you don't catch it just right, the pic is blurry. That's all.
    05-02-14 06:21 PM
    I'm not saying it's bad, just the auto focus takes time and if you don't catch it just right, the pic is blurry. That's all.
    I agree, the camera needs improving, particularly to grab more market share.

In any case, the Z30 is the best device I've ever owned.

05-02-14 07:29 PM
107 12345