As always when going abroad I checked if data roaming is disabled.
    But this time it didn't work reliably!
    I received a SMS from my provider (T- mobile) using data roaming now, and in fact I received emails at least from one account!
    Any suggestions how this could happen?
    (BTW I checked twice my settings! )
    Regards,
    Frank

Posted via CB10
    04-09-15 05:46 AM
    Are you sure the WiFi was disabled when the email came?

Posted via Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.281
    04-09-15 06:23 AM
    I was in the City, no known Hotspot around!
    And I got the notification from my provider (I wouldn't get for wifi connections)
    Frank

Posted via CB10
    04-09-15 09:39 AM
    Might be a bug. Might be a good idea to just turn data off when you're traveling. Report it to BB.
    04-09-15 09:49 AM
    What I do is enable airplane mode to disable everything then enable what I want.

Posted via CB10
    04-09-15 10:05 AM
    This happened to me in January. I was roaming in the US with data roaming off. I went across to Mexico for a few days and I received a text indicating I too was now roaming and using data in Mexico! I was mad because during. For that brief moment, I was subsequently billed an extra 4$ (I know not much money, but was an extremely tiny amount of data for that absurd cost!) It left me pondering what would have happened, had I not noticed and my phone decided to sync everything?!?

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.2558
    04-09-15 11:19 AM
    As always when going abroad I checked if data roaming is disabled.
    But this time it didn't work reliably!
    I received a SMS from my provider (T- mobile) using data roaming now, and in fact I received emails at least from one account!
    Any suggestions how this could happen?
    (BTW I checked twice my settings! )
    Regards,
    Frank

Posted via CB10
    Sms doesn't use data... the roaming disabling is for data roaming

Posted via CB10
    04-09-15 11:24 AM
    @bobshine:
    The SMS came from my provider, indicating that I'm using data roaming now (Know that this is not data roaming).
    I also got Emails, so I was definitely using roaming!

Posted via CB10
    04-09-15 03:56 PM
    @bobshine:
    The SMS came from my provider, indicating that I'm using data roaming now (Know that this is not data roaming).
    I also got Emails, so I was definitely using roaming!

Posted via CB10
    I don't know about email, but as soon as your phone connects to a tower away from your home, your provider knows that you're roaming and send your an SMS.

Even if you're roaming, you can still receive calls and SMS. There is no way on any phone to my knowledge, to disable that.

Posted via CB10
    04-09-15 06:43 PM
    I don't know about email, but as soon as your phone connects to a tower away from your home, your provider knows that you're roaming and send your an SMS.

Even if you're roaming, you can still receive calls and SMS. There is no way on any phone to my knowledge, to disable that.

Posted via CB10
    Can you just turn off your connection to your mobile network? I can with Verizon. If it is not on the Quick Settings list, Swipe down, Settings, Networks and Connections, Mobile Network. Under that are mobile networik and data services. Also There are two other options/settings.
    04-09-15 08:28 PM
    Can you just turn off your connection to your mobile network? I can with Verizon. If it is not on the Quick Settings list, Swipe down, Settings, Networks and Connections, Mobile Network. Under that are mobile networik and data services. Also There are two other options/settings.
    Yeah... the only way is to turn of mobile network. Sorry maybe I wasn't clear... you can have it automatically turned off when roaming... like you can do for data

Posted via CB10
    04-09-15 10:12 PM
    Don't know the exact english description (I have german menus)
    But I can switch on/off 3 points:
    1. Mobile Network
    2. Data Services
    3. Data Services while Roaming

As I understand the 3. Has to be disabled! (as I did) - but unfortunately it was not enough!
    In future I'm disabling 2. as well!
    But I think this is a bug.
    Frank.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-15 09:46 AM
    Don't know the exact english description (I have german menus)
    But I can switch on/off 3 points:
    1. Mobile Network
    2. Data Services
    3. Data Services while Roaming

As I understand the 3. Has to be disabled! (as I did) - but unfortunately it was not enough!
    In future I'm disabling 2. as well!
    But I think this is a bug.
    Frank.

Posted via CB10
    Remember that even if you disable 2 and 3, your might still send you an SMS saying that you are using data roaming. The reason is that they don't know that you disabled them. The SMS is just their way to tell you that you are roaming

Posted via CB10
    04-10-15 10:35 AM

Posted via CB10
    Agree. To avoid phone roaming charges, you can simply ignore the call. To avoid SMS roaming charges, you need to get your carrier to block all incoming SMS while you're away. Otherwise you will incur roaming SMS charges from people texting you regardless if you get the texts or not.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-15 03:30 PM
    @YeeManBB
    Just to remember the topic -
    Even though I disabled data services while Roaming I received Emails! This is supposed for be a Bug!

Posted via CB10
    04-11-15 09:08 AM
    @YeeManBB
    Just to remember the topic -
    Even though I disabled data services while Roaming I received Emails! This is supposed for be a Bug!

Posted via CB10
    I was specially commenting on the post from bobshine.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-15 09:43 AM