The Z30 I bought on the Black Friday clearance sale finally arrived!!!!!

Just powered it up, signed in with my BlackBerry ID and left it to charge.

Looks very nice, the display is gorgeous. Larger keyboard may take some getting used to, I kept hitting 0 instead of 9.

Anyway, is it possible to completely clone my Z10 on the Z30? Settings, media, emails, texts, WhatsApp messages, apps, etc using Device Switch and/or Ultimate Backup? Or is there a long weekend of reinstalling ahead of me?

Posted via CB10
    01-29-15 10:53 PM
    Just use switch devices in BlackBerry Link. I moved from a Z10 to Z30 and it worked a treat.

Posted via CB10
    01-29-15 10:58 PM
    Early December I moved to the Z30... and transferred 2 - Z10's (the g/f and me) to the Z30's without any issues.

The process I used;
    I loaded the newest BlackBerry Link on the PC... I would have tried on the MacBook Pro but I heard some people had minor issues with BlackBerry Link and Apple.

- I fired up the Z30, went thru all the set up and upgraded to the same OS as the Z10. (very important to have the same OS) when the Z30 was upgraded, I opened up all my accounts (emails, LinkedIn, twitter, Evernote) and signed in to accounts.

- Open BlackBerry Link and click on 'switch device' and connected the Z30 to PC as requested from the BlackBerry Link

- After the Z30 is registered, Link will ask you to unplug the Z30 and plug in the Z10; the back up starts (roughly 30 minutes)

- when the backup is complete you'll see on the screen, to take the SIM card out of the old phone and install it in the new phone, hook up the Z30 and the transfer starts. (roughly 40 minutes) then the Z30 will reboot.

- Do not unplug the Z30 till it says it's safe and get the transfer is complete.

Done!
    Then you get to enjoy the Z30...
    Oh don't forget to go to BlackBerry World and upgrade all your apps.

Post via my BlackBerry  Z30!
    01-29-15 11:06 PM
    Thanks!

Is this just the BlackBerry Link on PC, or the Device Switch app?

I don't have a PC or Mac.

Posted via CB10
    01-29-15 11:13 PM
    OK we need some back story here.

Are you saying that you ordered a z30 on black Friday and you just received it now?

What took so long!? There needs to be more to this story.

Powered by Z30
    01-30-15 01:14 AM
    cdnynot was using BlackBerry Link as it is more comprehensive in what it backs up and restores. I'll see if I can find a full listing for either and post them here later.
    01-30-15 08:16 AM
    OK we need some back story here.

Are you saying that you ordered a z30 on black Friday and you just received it now?

What took so long!? There needs to be more to this story.

Powered by Z30
    Yup.

I didn't actually order it on Black Friday, the sale went for about a week after.

I live in New Zealand, which BlackBerry doesn't ship to. So it was shipped to a clearing house service in the US run by NZ Post. They imported it on December 16, but no one bothered to tell me that it's been sitting in customs since then. Made some calls on Monday, had to pay an import duty, finally arrived on Friday.

Posted via CB10
    01-30-15 07:50 PM
    This is not going well.

I have device switched my Z10 to my new Z30, but I cannot run any of my Android apps. I get a blue progress bar, and eventually (after 5 minutes) the app dies.

I have tried restarting, switching off and on, even uninstalling a few apps and trying to reinstall them but I get the same result.

I searched the forums and found a thread that mentioned this; it was over a year old and just said BlackBerry were trying to collect data on the fault and not to try and tinker.

Can anyone please help???

Posted via CB10
    01-31-15 02:06 AM
    What are the particular android apps you are trying to run?