So now I doubt that I have resolved this issue by reloading the OS, via Link or otherwise.

In the past few days, my Z30STA100-2/10.3.1.2582 has rebooted itself a LOT - maybe 5-6 times some days. I have also seen frequent spontaneous shutdowns, which is, frankly, cr@p. Eventually though, yesterday, it rebooted and went back to the 9 March. This seems to be temporarily resolved by a cold boot (volume key reboot).

This issue has persisted through 2 x Z30 handsets, 2 completely different SD cards, 2 SIM cards, every conceivable type of OS reinstall, and the removal of every removable app from the device. This seems to be some sort of inherent Z30 hardware or OS bug which is related to the environment (i.e. the cellular network) on which I and some others use the devices.

I am going to experiment with a reboot regime (daily restarts, weekly cold-booting) to see if a preventative approach works.

Is there any point in contacting BlackBerry support about this issue? It seems pretty serious, if not widespread.

Posted via CB10
    If it is still under warranty (periods differ in different countries), I'd get it repaired/replaced AGAIN.

I guess it could be something to do with your carrier or their cell signal (can a signal be too powerful?). Is your home power clean - spikes affect charging? Any strong powerful electronics where you use the phone or in the environment?
    04-26-15 09:36 AM
    If it is still under warranty (periods differ in different countries), I'd get it repaired/replaced AGAIN...

...Any strong powerful electronics where you use the phone or in the environment?
    Damn, so you think my job as toilet cleaner at the CERN Large Hadron Collider could be related to this bug?

All joking aside, thanks for the reply and nope, I don't have any likely sources of RFI in the house or at work - no-one else I live or work with has this or any other similar weird issue with their electronics.

Re replacement, unfortunately, that's not an option under warranty. The Z30 is no longer available on the mass market in the UK, so I bought this one 'nearly new' from a private seller on eBay. I have tried BlackBerry UK for warranty issues before, and they don't want to know. I'm not too bothered about that though, as I'm not convinced that a new phone would sort the problem.

If this continues, I may have to get a Passport...

Posted via CB10
    04-26-15 03:23 PM
    Just when I thought this issue had gone away after I upgraded to 10.3... yesterday my phone rebooted itself and yes, back to March 9th
    04-29-15 03:24 AM
    I updated my z30 to 10.3.1.2708 and no more date and time issues exist on reboot

Posted via CB10
    04-29-15 05:04 AM
    Could this be a carrier issue updating the time or date wrong?
    Yes! I have seen thi on some carriers.

Diplomatic Passport
    04-29-15 05:59 AM
    Just when I thought this issue had gone away after I upgraded to 10.3... yesterday my phone rebooted itself and yes, back to March 9th
    Yep, it seems to be intermittent. Sometimes mine is ok for weeks, then I get several 'timewarps' in one day. A volume key reset fixes it temporarily.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    05-01-15 01:50 AM
    Could this be a carrier issue updating the time or date wrong?
    Now I think that this is definitely NOT a time-signal or other carrier problem. It occurs whether or not the phone is set to get time & date from the cellular network.

05-01-15 01:53 AM
    There is a thread on this on the BlackBerry support forum:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/...e/td-p/3086840

Will see if I can provoke someone from BlackBerry into responding there, but for some reason the forum is refusing to send me a confirmation email, so I can't post there at present...

05-01-15 04:09 AM
    Yep, it seems to be intermittent. Sometimes mine is ok for weeks, then I get several 'timewarps' in one day. A volume key reset fixes it temporarily.

I volume key reset doesn’t fix it for me... I have to manually change the time and date
    05-02-15 03:48 AM
    There is a thread on this on the BlackBerry support forum:

Date and Time - BlackBerry Support Community Forums

Will see if I can provoke someone from BlackBerry into responding there, but for some reason the forum is refusing to send me a confirmation email, so I can't post there at present...

the poster is on EE as well...has to be an EE issue , right?
    05-02-15 03:49 AM
    I volume key reset doesn�t fix it for me... I have to manually change the time and date
    OK, another mad theory perhaps, but next time it happens, try the following:

Go to settings, set date/time to auto, and time zone to 'prompt'.

Go to settings, 'mobile network', and set 'network mode' to 3G & 2G. I am assuming that you have a 4G data service and this will temporarily disable it.

The date/time should correct itself without any further input from you, and, hopefully stay correct.

the poster is on EE as well...has to be an EE issue , right?

I think you might be right. I searched the Web for this issue again yesterday, and found a post from some guy in Moscow with a similar issue, who reckoned he had isolated it as a problem with his 4G network.

Let us know how you get on. I am beginning to think I *might* be getting to the bottom of this issue... Unfortunately, if I am right here, this may mean no more 4G on EE for now, unless they are willing to look at the issue. I am pretty certain that BlackBerry won't...

Posted via CB10
    05-02-15 01:43 PM
    OK, another mad theory perhaps, but next time it happens, try the following:

Go to settings, set date/time to auto, and time zone to 'prompt'.

Go to settings, 'mobile network', and set 'network mode' to 3G & 2G. I am assuming that you have a 4G data service and this will temporarily disable it.

The date/time should correct itself without any further input from you, and, hopefully stay correct.

Posted via CB10

I had it already set to 3G&2G only since my sim (t-Mobile) is not 4G, I changed the setting 2 or 3 months ago
    05-03-15 02:05 AM
    I had it already set to 3G&2G only since my sim (t-Mobile) is not 4G, I changed the setting 2 or 3 months ago

Hmm, OK. I find this problem is intermittent, I can go a few weeks with only the occasional reboot and no 'timewarps', then suddenly I will see 5-6 reboots in a day, and the timewarps start again.

Most recently, this started about a week ago, and since has persisted more or less daily.

Is this similar to your experience?

Posted via CB10
    05-03-15 02:13 AM
    Hmm, OK. I find this problem is intermittent, I can go a few weeks with only the occasional reboot and no 'timewarps', then suddenly I will see 5-6 reboots in a day, and the timewarps start again.

Most recently, this started about a week ago, and since has persisted more or less daily.

Is this similar to your experience?

Posted via CB10
    I’ve had my Z30 since last August. I started having this issue in January. Back then it would happen once or twice every couple of weeks.. then after updated to 10.3.1 it seemed that stopped .. until last week, the phone turned off and when I turned it on the date was March 9th. It hasn’t happened since last week (yet)
    05-04-15 04:18 AM
    OK, thanks, I'm planning to find a way of reliably reproducing this issue on my own device, then I can flag it up with EE and BlackBerry as a bug. Obviously if I find a resolution or make progress I will post it here, please do likewise if you have anything to report.
    At the moment, I have no 4G service, which is cr@p. Would you mind checking your network settings to ensure that they have not been changed? My date/time settings have changed themselves every time I get a 'timewarp'.
    Ta,
    Niall

Posted via CB10
    05-04-15 08:23 AM
    Well, just now my phone went back to Match 9th again. The difference this time the phone didn't turn off.
    What I've realised now is that I think this is been happening when I'm at work and I go downstairs where we don't have reception...
    So I don't if this EE or the phone or a combination of both. All I know that after all these years on Tmobile, never happened with my old iPhone

Posted via CB10
    05-06-15 04:16 AM
    Tinkerbella11,

What sort of contract are you on with EE?

What are your exact APN settings? (located at the bottom of the 'mobile network' settings page)

TIA

Niall

Posted via CB10
    05-10-15 07:40 PM
    Tinkerbella11,

What sort of contract are you on with EE?

What are your exact APN settings? (located at the bottom of the 'mobile network' settings page)

TIA

Niall

Posted via CB10
    I’ve been on a pay as you go deal with T-Mobile for many years

APN settings are :
    Access Point: everywhere
    Username: ee
    Password: secure
    Authentication Type: PAP

I never changed any of those settings
    05-11-15 03:49 AM
    I�ve been on a pay as you go deal with T-Mobile for many years

APN settings are :
    Access Point: everywhere
    Username: ee
    Password: secure
    Authentication Type: PAP

I never changed any of those settings
    Thanks. Those were the settings I had too. They work, but they're not the most up-to-date APN settings. From looking at the EE support forums, those seem to be as above, with the exception of:

Username: eesecure

I had previously tried using this newer APN setting while on a 3G SIM, but my data connection was laggy, so I reverted to Username: ee . Now I'm on 4G, the newer APN setting seems quick enough, and having used them for over a day now, have had no reboots or 'timewarps'.

Niall

Posted via CB10
    05-11-15 10:06 AM
    OK, since adopting the above-mentioned APN settings, I've had one reboot. The date and time came back properly afterwards, and I now notice that the 'boot time' (settings, about, hardware) is correctly reported. Previously it seemed to be affected by the 'timewarps' and was showing 9 March.
    I hate to tempt fate, but this seems encouraging...

Posted via CB10
    FF22 likes this.
    05-12-15 04:39 AM
    Hi Niallic, I have had this problem ever since having my Z30. Sadly it is what it is... I have had countless resets and reboots going back to the last update date. I have contacted BlackBerry Support and my carrier both of which unable to assist me. I have wiped and restored this phone so many times it has become boring. All the other issues with WiFi connectivity, delayed call connections, network connection problems etc. All the same... no matter how many times you replace you will have the same issue. Just have to live with it and hope BlackBerry comes up with a fix...

Anyone else has a clue on how to go forward with this? I'd be glad to hear of another way to fix...

Cheers

Posted via CB10
    05-31-15 10:05 AM
    villar-bbz30 - which cellular network are you on?

For the record, I had another series of 'timewarps' and reboots, over a week or so, finishing around a week ago.

I am convinced that this is something to do with the EE network in the UK. The Z30 was never available on EE, so would never have had to undergo any testing on this network.

Posted via CB10
    05-31-15 01:22 PM
    Glad I found this thread as this drove me mad a while ago.

Both my wife and myself have a Z30 on the EE network, phones purchased through the Carphone Warehouse, so they are both unlocked.

Firstly the wife's Z30 had the wrong time and date I tried restarting etc. The only way was to manually change the time/date, restart and then change to auto date/time. She is running the current BB10 O/S system.

Then mine did exactly the same issue and I had to do the same to get it correct again. I am running ht latest BB10 leak, 10.3.2.680.

So, I would have to agree that it is an EE issue.

Regards

Trevor
    05-31-15 03:56 PM
    Spent 20 minutes today in a phone chat with one of EE's 'technical' advisors. I was hoping to speak to one of their back office staff to see if they could suggest a likely cause in terms of the issues they encounter when network-testing a handset prior to releasing it to customers. Unfortunately, the girl I spoke to was convinced that this was a hardware fault, despite pointing out to her that I have replaced the handset already, and that numerous other Z30 users on EE are the only other people to experience this problem.

So, I am no further forward in understanding what is causing this.

Posted via CB10
    06-01-15 11:49 AM
    Hi Niallac

I'm on T-Mobile so essentially EE. Been fobbed off by them so just given up and look to the forums for updates and tweaks that I could try.

Cheers

Posted via CB10
    06-02-15 04:31 AM
65 123