I own a Z10. Actually it's my second. I'm so tempted to buy the z30 now that I played with one in the store. (as much as you can play with a demo with wired contraption stuck to it). My question is, on both my z10 s, after taking the battery door off a few times it just doesn't fit tight anymore. Poor quality on this. This is why brushed aluminum>plastic imo.
    So how are the Z30 doors holding up?

Posted Via my second Z10
    12-11-13 01:17 PM
    I don't take mine off very often to be honest (there's actually no need to).. but it's just as snappy as the day I got it!

Posted via CB10
    Elite1 likes this.
    12-11-13 01:36 PM
    Wait a second... back up the train.

Battery door? I was under the impression the Z30 had a permanent battery in it that you can't replace? It's the single most important reason that I won't upgrade to a Z30....

-Chris-
    12-11-13 01:39 PM
    Aluminum should be more flexible and pliable than plastic so your initial comment is invalid.
    But the door for the Z30 seems to be really solid and not looking like it's going to get loose.
    12-11-13 01:55 PM
    Wait a second... back up the train.

Battery door? I was under the impression the Z30 had a permanent battery in it that you can't replace? It's the single most important reason that I won't upgrade to a Z30....

-Chris-
    It does have a built-in battery, but removing the back cover gives access to the sim and mSD card slots. Also, the FCC (etc.) info is under here instead of being on the back cover.
    Elite1 likes this.
    12-11-13 02:57 PM
    Ah ok the word "Battery Door" threw me... it's not so much a battery door per se as it is an access door to the other gear.

Gotcha. Here I was hoping I'd missed something and you CAN easily get to the battery to possibly replace it. Boo.

-Chris-
    12-11-13 03:21 PM
    Ah ok the word "Battery Door" threw me... it's not so much a battery door per se as it is an access door to the other gear.

Gotcha. Here I was hoping I'd missed something and you CAN easily get to the battery to possibly replace it. Boo.

-Chris-
    Not sure why they went with a big door instead of a little tray on the side like the LTE PlayBook.

But, it does give me more of an excuse to get some tiny Torx screwdrivers and check under the hood than if the back was sealed off.
    12-11-13 03:25 PM
    Not sure why they went with a big door instead of a little tray on the side like the LTE PlayBook.

But, it does give me more of an excuse to get some tiny Torx screwdrivers and check under the hood than if the back was sealed off.
    Hahaha.. inquisitive I see lol

Posted via CB10
    12-11-13 04:58 PM
    Hahaha.. inquisitive I see lol

Posted via CB10
    Turns out I need some tiny Torx screwdrivers to open up my laptop and give it a good dusting (had dust bunnies sticking out of the vents the size of golf balls...), so I thought, "Eh, why not get the phone-sized ones, too?"
    12-11-13 05:24 PM
    I have a white z30 and so far the door is holding up just fine. It comes off/snaps on real easily with hardly any effort. Although, having read all the reports of the door on the black z30 being near impossible to remove, I won't be prying this thing off any time soon because I don't want to risk cracking the door. And from what I've observed, the white z30 is a rare beast and replacement doors aren't exactly in high stock. Besides, there's really no need to be opening/closing the door since the battery is non - removable.

That said, when I first got the z10 I was CONSTANTLY prying the door open and snapping it back shut just for the heck of it. Not sure what it was but it was such a satisfying feeling and sound. I then got the spare battery/charger bundle due to my high usage so was opening/closing the z10 battery door every day to swap out batteries. 10 months later the door is still as tight and firm as it was when I first bought it in February.

Posted via CB10
    12-11-13 08:14 PM
    I really liked the material of the Z10 battery door. I would love a replacement for my Z30 made out of the material for the Z10. It was so much nicer to hold.
    12-11-13 09:21 PM
    Oh yes the rubbery feel is great. But after a few pulls it just doesn't fit snug anymore.

Posted Via my second Z10
    12-12-13 09:28 AM

It's also to fit some new accessories. The Z30 Flip Shell Case replaces the back cover just like some the OEM Samsung ones for some Galaxy devices.

-Chris-
    I know this is a concern for some people from comments I've read before, but I was just curious why is the non-replaceable battery on the Z30 an issue for you?
    12-12-13 09:37 PM
    I have a white z30 and so far the door is holding up just fine. It comes off/snaps on real easily with hardly any effort. Although, having read all the reports of the door on the black z30 being near impossible to remove, I won't be prying this thing off any time soon because I don't want to risk cracking the door. And from what I've observed, the white z30 is a rare beast and replacement doors aren't exactly in high stock. Besides, there's really no need to be opening/closing the door since the battery is non - removable.
    Okay and where did you obtain a white Z30...?

My wife would love one!

That said, when I first got the z10 I was CONSTANTLY prying the door open and snapping it back shut just for the heck of it. Not sure what it was but it was such a satisfying feeling and sound. I then got the spare battery/charger bundle due to my high usage so was opening/closing the z10 battery door every day to swap out batteries. 10 months later the door is still as tight and firm as it was when I first bought it in February.
    I didn't open my Z10 battery door often, but I did more than a few times for a variety of reasons. And yep, mine is still tight as it was in February, just like yours.
    12-12-13 09:41 PM
    ... I'm so tempted to buy the z30 now that I played with one in the store. (as much as you can play with a demo with wired contraption stuck to it). My question is, on both my z10 s, after taking the battery door off a few times it just doesn't fit tight anymore. Poor quality on this...
    ... So how are the Z30 doors holding up?
    I'd say the Z30 is more solidly built than the Z10 in every regard, including the back cover.
    It's much harder to take off too. There's a been a blog article on it plus a few threads in the Forums.

I don't take mine off very often to be honest (there's actually no need to).. but it's just as snappy as the day I got it!
    Mine's come off twice.
    First when the sim card went in at the store, and second a week ago when I got my new 32GB micro SD card. No reason to take it off again anytime soon!
    12-12-13 09:49 PM
    Okay and where did you obtain a white Z30...?

My wife would love one!
    One of my in-laws works at BlackBerry and I got it via his Employee Purchase Plan for the $350 holiday price they were running a couple of weeks ago. Incredible deal and amazingly, the cheapest priced BlackBerry I've purchased to date!

Posted via CB10
    12-12-13 09:55 PM
    One of my in-laws works at BlackBerry and I got it via his Employee Purchase Plan for the $350 holiday price they were running a couple of weeks ago. Incredible deal and amazingly, the cheapest priced BlackBerry I've purchased to date!

Posted via CB10
    Lucky son-of-a-gun.
    I'd bet there's more than a few CB'ers who'd like your connection. Me included.
    12-12-13 10:46 PM
    I have the Z10 and the BB Battery Charger pack with the extra battery, one of the coolest accessories available, IMO. Anyway, I trade out the battery regularly (couple times/week) on the Z10 and have not had a problem with the battery door loosening. (Thank God)

Maybe you have some recourse or can get a new door?

Via CB10 & Z10 or Q10
    12-18-13 04:38 PM