Just from the rumored specs and unofficial photos, me myself and I will most definitely be in line (if only there could be one). The phone is a beast all things to everybody Touch, Physical keyboard, powerful camera and the new OS!!
    Just launch the damn thing so I can move on already!

10.3.2.2639 STA100-2 | Step-by-step
    09-15-15 05:57 PM
    Nothing can replace the Z30, had it from day one and still kickin it strong. I might go look at one though. could purchase to place in my arsenal. We will see when the slippery SLIDER gets released to the (oh I can't say masses). We BB peeps are dwindling in number!! LOL
    09-15-15 06:10 PM
    I'll definitely check it out and may get one for the heck of it. But, I'm still going to use my Z30 until it no longer works. If ,and a big if, they get the hub working properly and the flicky keyboard onto it, I may even put my Z30 aside. But if I have to go into different apps for my 6 email addresses, then no thanks, I'll stick to what works for me.

Rocking a Z30 on Verizon
    medic22003 likes this.
    09-15-15 06:35 PM
    Nothing can replace the Z30, had it from day one and still kickin it strong. I might go look at one though. could purchase to place in my arsenal. We will see when the slippery SLIDER gets released to the (oh I can't say masses). We BB peeps are dwindling in number!! LOL
    I agree: I love my Z30 and was hoping for a Z50, NOT the Venice Slider. I did get the latest Passport Stainless Steel Silver Edition though, and it's great. The Z30 and the Passport SE are both amazing!

Posted via CB10
    09-15-15 06:45 PM
    I will not get it sorry I'll stick to my z30
    09-15-15 06:57 PM
    Absolutely possible . I can't fault a device I've yet to use, nor can I make claims to nullify it's use when contrasted with the Z30. We'll find out soon enough.

Posted via CB10
    Keith Atkinson likes this.
    09-15-15 07:33 PM
    Well, it might be an interesting device whether it is BB10 or Android or some hybrid but with the keyboard, it is not a Z30-upgrade. The keyboard will add weight and/or thickness or a better battery could have been provided in that space. So it is not the upgrade some had hoped for.

In addition, I will withhold judgment on the camera until I read more about it and see the results. BB currently does its own "compression" or "processing" or "something" which already restricts the resolution of the Z30's camera. Its full megapixels seems constrained from what its dimensions should be according to some posts. Other than when sending an image, we have no control over its compression aspects.
    kbrant64 likes this.
    09-15-15 07:38 PM
    I've been using my Z30 for just over a year. I found that the overall performance of this device is poor. It's slow and has a poor camera.
    Before this, I used an LG G2 for a year, that phone was much better. I'm expecting to receive my Passport SE tomorrow. The performance should be more on par with what I'm used to.

However... the Z30 keyboard has the best typing speed and experience I have ever had.
    09-15-15 09:58 PM
    I've been using my Z30 for just over a year. I found that the overall performance of this device is poor. It's slow and has a poor camera.
    Before this, I used an LG G2 for a year, that phone was much better. I'm expecting to receive my Passport SE tomorrow. The performance should be more on par with what I'm used to.

However... the Z30 keyboard has the best typing speed and experience I have ever had.
    The passport is marginally faster than the z30 from my experience...
    If you notice a big difference... your z30 might be buggy lol.
    09-15-15 10:36 PM
    I hope not... isn't the CPU on the Passport much better? Not to mention, the Passport has more ram too.
    09-15-15 10:53 PM
    Can't say I've ever used an android that works better than my z30. There is no vkb out there that can rival my flicktastic BlackBerry one. If the slider has that, the hub, good speakers and good battery life AND runs smoothly, I will give it a look. I am in no hurry to replace this phone. I like so many things about os10, it hurts me to think I might have to go back to android. I left them for BlackBerry and don't relish going back. There are little things that I don't use often that I would miss too. My z30 is almost 2 years old and going strong.

Posted via CB10
    FF22 and astrodan13 like this.
    09-15-15 10:54 PM
    Not unless people wanting an upgrade to the Z30 want to use Android and a keyboard.

Rock'n the awesome Z30 STA100-5 on 10.3.2.2168
    kbrant64 likes this.
    09-15-15 10:59 PM
    ...not if it's running anything other than BB10...if I wanted anything other than BB10 I would have bought that...I will maintain this Z30 through batteries and whatever else it may need along the way until I can't anymore (or just buy a few backup Z30's on the cheap)...

Posted on CB10 via my Z30....
    kbrant64 likes this.
    09-15-15 11:31 PM
    I take issue with the "all" part of your premise.

As a Z30 owner, I definitely DON'T want a physical keyboard. The 5" screen real estate is plenty enough for my virtual keyboarding with additional girth and weight likely to come with a slider-type device.

I am no marketing guru, but with the gazillions of devices Apple and Android (makers) sell, I think BB is focusing on a loud group that equates "RIM" devices with keyboards. That ain't necessarily so no more, especially as it's now BB!
    (If in doubt, revisit the "gazillions" remark above. :-))

I'll definitely go ogle and fondle one though!

Posted via CB10
    FF22 and astrodan13 like this.
    09-15-15 11:42 PM
    Idk the z30 is a great phone, bb10 still works great, and can be had for just $200. The slider will be an expensive phone.
    09-16-15 01:44 AM
    Or your passport is buggy. "Lol".

Topic:
    As soon as it's only running Android, I will never get it. I got a BlackBerry to not have an android or iOS phone.

09-16-15 03:23 AM
    I think like others, I'll reserve my judgment and purchasing power till after the phone is released and I can physically handle one. I'll let others who are shipped the unit for free to review, go through the adoption phase.

What I can state as opinion however. Is that if BlackBerry has found a way to marry BB10 functionality with Android's accessibility to a vast app ecosystem and GP services without compromising the essence that is BB10, they'll definitely win over a mass segment of folks that love Android but might be looking for a fresh experience with a touch of familiarity.

I love my Z30 and BB10, but there are products I often would like to purchase but can't guarantee the app integration to my BlackBerry e.g. SmarThings hub and geo tags. The app works but some work around is needed to have alerts sent for BlackBerry devices. This would be an issue if I was running an Android device.

Look! It's Zedzilla30!
    09-16-15 10:19 AM
    Or your passport is buggy. "Lol".

Topic:
    As soon as it's only running Android, I will never get it. I got a BlackBerry to not have an android or iOS phone.

Totally agree with this statement.

 Posted by BlackBerry Z30 
    09-16-15 10:47 AM
    BlackBerry just should've made a all touch Passport and kept BB10 instead of a all in one device. People like options.

Posted via CB10
    09-16-15 11:32 AM
    If the Venice keyboard could be user swapped out for an extra battery, that would be very cool - and depending on thickness you could have a viable Z30 upgrade. Cant imagine why there would be complaints from the vkb fan club if bbry did this.
    09-16-15 11:43 AM
    If the Venice keyboard could be user swapped out for an extra battery, that would be very cool - and depending on thickness you could have a viable Z30 upgrade. Cant imagine why there would be complaints from the vkb fan club if bbry did this.
    The vkb better be like the one I have now because android vkb just suck. I type so much better with BlackBerry than I ever did with androids.

Posted via CB10
    09-16-15 11:47 AM

I have both the Z30 and the Passport SE. Both are excellent for different reasons. Both are the best electronic devices I've ever owned!

Posted via CB10
    09-21-15 03:54 PM
    I would only consider it an upgrade if they release a version with BB10.

Posted via CB10
    astrodan13 likes this.
    09-21-15 07:51 PM
    If Venice or Privy as they probably will call is android, then whats the point of sticking with BlackBerry. I switched to BlackBerry because of its productive features - hub, meetings, calendar etc.... will all these features along with Android play store shall be available then will this be a android phone or still be a BlackBerry 10 phone?

Posted via CB10
    09-26-15 10:34 PM
    No. Z30 is an all touch device, the Priv isn't.

Rock'n the awesome Z30 STA100-5 on 10.3.2.2474
    09-26-15 11:21 PM
36 12