Hi all,
    I am thinking about getting the Z30, but I want someone to try this.
    Since I am visually impaired I rely on speech and or braille output and could you plese try enabling the screen reader by tripple pressing the Power button. Does that work?
    Could you also try opening an empty SMS message and try typing with the speech enabled?
    Does it speak when swiping your finger and when you lift it it enteres that letter/character?
    You disable the screen reader with tripple pressing the Power button again.
    Many thanks for any help!
    12-30-13 12:33 PM
    Hi there Chris,
    I tried enabling the screen reader by tripple pressing the power button & it Does Work.
    Yes, you can type through speech enabled in SMS
    Yes, It does speak when swiping your finger in a keyboard layout.
    Wish you a Happy New Year, May God Bless You
    howards likes this.
    12-30-13 03:16 PM
    Hello,
    Many thanks for your message!
    I know that some of the gestures for using the screen reader is found in the users manual. But, could you also try the phone app, can you also swipe the numbers and when you release your finger it dails the number, is this correct?
    Then you can locate the call button?
    Can you also try it in the web browser? Can you move line by line and it speaks it?
    Too bad I cant try it myself at the moment, but I am very interested in BB!
    12-30-13 04:28 PM
    Hey,
    You're Welcome!
    The Screen Reader works like this when you are in keyboard layout or in phone app touch the screen on a number it'll read out that number then double tap the screen to enter that number.
    One another thing you can use swipe gestures left or right to read the content for example if you are in dialing pad when swiping right it'll read the content in order. for ex. if you want to dial number 3 just swipe to right it'll first read out number 1 then again swipe right it'll read out no.2 then again swipe right it'll read out number 3 then just double tap anywhere on your screen it'll input number 3 in the dial pad.same for the call button.
    Sorry but I'm having difficulties using screen reader in browser but it does read the contents line to line. You can ask help from a blackberry expert.
    12-30-13 07:20 PM
    Hi all,
    I am thinking about getting the Z30, but I want someone to try this.
    Since I am visually impaired I rely on speech and or braille output and could you plese try enabling the screen reader by tripple pressing the Power button. Does that work?
    Could you also try opening an empty SMS message and try typing with the speech enabled?
    Does it speak when swiping your finger and when you lift it it enteres that letter/character?
    You disable the screen reader with tripple pressing the Power button again.
    Many thanks for any help!
    Sometimes in the life you have to do the right thing. The Z30 is an amazing phone. However, it's is well known and established in the cellular phone market that the iPhone provides the absolute best technology for both the visual and hearing impaired, period. So yes, the Z30 may meet your needs, but the iPhone will absolute exceed any needs you have. That's coming from a Z10, Q10, and Z30 owner that won't touch an iPhone.

Posted via my ridiculous BlackBerry Z30 on VZW from Philly
    howards likes this.
    12-30-13 08:11 PM
    Hi,
    I have been using Android, Windows Mobile and I have also tried the iPhone and I dont like the restrictions on it.
    Even though the assistive technology on the IOS is very good, I wnt to be able to do the things I do on my Android and my old WM phone.
    I suppose you can receive files over Bluetooth on the Z30?
    Can you create Word documents on the Z30?
    Many thanks!
    12-31-13 11:38 AM
    Faizan, thanks a lot for your testing!
    What exact problems do you have in the browser? Problems with navigation or what?
    Do you find the speech to be responsive? I mean, does it start speaking as soon as you do a gesture?
    12-31-13 11:41 AM
    Faizan, thanks a lot for your testing!
    What exact problems do you have in the browser? Problems with navigation or what?
    Do you find the speech to be responsive? I mean, does it start speaking as soon as you do a gesture?
    Hi again there Chris! The problem is that i don't know exactly how to use that in browser. Though it does read out the content line by line and it zoom in or out by triple tapping the screen.
    Yes, The speech is responsive and yes it does start instantly speaking as soon as you do a gesture.
    12-31-13 03:57 PM
    Hi there,
    Many thanks for trying!
    Another question, have you installed any Android apps on your phone?
    If so, what happens if you launch a such app with the screen reader turned on?
    Does it speak?
    Do the android apps show up among your other apps?
    many thanks!
    01-01-14 06:39 AM
    Yes, It does work with the android apps i have tried it on youtube app and it works fine.
    If talking about android apps shows up among the other apps on homescreen then Yes.
    01-01-14 09:15 PM