The sound is incredible on the z30... just another bonus going to that phone...
    That was one of the questions I forgot to ask - sound quality, and more importantly loudness. From your post, LC, I take it the quality is good. What about ringer volume?
    07-30-14 12:32 PM
    To get the official Geocaching app to work, you'll have to patch it. I use Real APK Leecher to download the apk from Google Play, and then patch it using the script from this thread. You'll also want to patch the PayPal app because of the location-based stuff.
    Thanks, rft. That's really useful info.
    07-30-14 12:33 PM
    This is great to see this post...reason being I just purchased a Z30 and am selling my 5S! Great to see that I'm not the only one going back to BB after an iphone experiment. Next week can't get here soon enough!
    07-30-14 12:43 PM
    From your experience, how's the battery life between 5s and Z10?
    You said you didn't like the Z10's battery life, but then you went ahead and got the 5s.
    Is the 5s that much better?
    07-30-14 12:47 PM
    Don't forget about USB on the go. It's amazing to be able to plug in an external hard drive or jump drive right to the phone and be able to use it. As well as a HDMI out which is another great feature.

Posted via CB10
    vegas33139 likes this.
    07-30-14 01:01 PM
    BlackBerry World has an app for Dropbox, if I'm not mistaken, it's preloaded on BB10 devices. I've just bought the full version of PlayCloud and so far it's great, you can link it to Google Drive, Onedrive, Dropbox, Box, even BB Link. Other apps not available on BB World can usually be found either through Snap or Amazon app store.

Most of the Android apps I have on my phone are not as fast as the native ones (this will improve with 10.3), yet they regularly run flawlessly. I have the Mexican HSBC Android app and can do all transactions available, haven't had a problem. Netflix plays great and practically looks and feels native.

Don't forget to get one of those small cables to plug in USB thumb drives, as the Z30 has USB OTG capability. Battery is great, I usually plug it at night and for a regular moderate use will have 50-60 %, on really heavy use days it has lasted me well over 12-14 hours.

Welcome back to BlackBerry and hope you enjoy your Z30 as much as I do! Also, check out this very good and unbiased review from an IPhone user:

Cheers!

Loved the Q10 but now it's Z30 power time!!!
    vegas33139 likes this.
    07-30-14 01:02 PM
    Don't forget about USB on the go. It's amazing to be able to plug in an external hard drive or jump drive right to the phone and be able to use it. As well as a HDMI out which is another great feature.

Posted via CB10
    You can also charge your buddies iPhone with your Z30. Lol

Mikescraftbeer.com - C00012735/ Mike Garson Photography - C00471EA8
    vegas33139 likes this.
    07-30-14 01:11 PM
    Is that some kind of phone sex? LoL
    You can also charge your buddies iPhone with your Z30. Lol

Posted via CB10
    Carl Estes likes this.
    07-30-14 02:11 PM
    Is that some kind of phone sex? LoL

Posted via CB10
    Hahahahahahaa that's good.

07-30-14 02:19 PM
    I went from a Z10 to a Z30 and agree with a lot of what has been said up to this point. But to give you both the good and the bad so you can make it a semi-fair judgment (you are on a crackberry forum after all), I must mention BB10's poor battery management in areas where cell coverage is sketchy. I work in an office that toggles between no connection and 2-3 bars on EDGE. With the Z10, the constant reception search would drain my battery completely by noon (starting with 100% at 7:30am). With the Z30, I can go until about 4pm. So the battery life will be completely dependent on the coverage, IMO. Otherwise, on the weekends when I'm at home in a good coverage area, I often forget to charge my phone (cause there is no need).

Other issues you may experience with the Z30 is the display is quite lacking in the sunlight. It definitely is a challenge to see if you don't have the brightness cranked.

Ah! One more thing: LTE. I'm on AT&T. I rarely get band 17 (main LTE band for AT&T). There is band 5 around my area somewhere, but it's elusive. You will notice slightly slower speeds if going from LTE back to 4G.

Btw, are you looking to sell your 5s? My daughter needs one. Her older iPhone is dying.
    How does iPhone perform in the same area?

Posted via CB10 with Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.3175
    07-30-14 02:30 PM
    Go pound sand. You are no "die-hard". You are worse than a grasshopper on a hot tin roof. I go back to the 7125 and have never lost doubt about the instrument in my hand being the best. You are just using up air on the forum site.

Posted via CB10
    07-30-14 02:38 PM
    Go pound sand. You are no "die-hard". You are worse than a grasshopper on a hot tin roof. I go back to the 7125 and have never lost doubt about the instrument in my hand being the best. You are just using up air on the forum site.

Posted via CB10
    Who cares what phone he has been using its a phone. He want to come back to BlackBerry awesome! Flame somewhere else.

07-30-14 02:47 PM
    Been a long time iPhone user (had all models upto 5S) and a couple of android decides before I switched to z30.

I love the bb10 and the seamless way it words on z30. BlackBerry has the best keyboard and Battery life is great. I wouldn't go back to iOS or android now.

Only issue with BlackBerry is lack of native apps. But I can run most of the android apps on z30..so it's not a big issue doe me. But camera is an issue - it's pretty bad compared to other premium devices

If you want to get the work done, z30 would be a great choice

Posted via CB10
    07-30-14 02:52 PM
    ^uh, I have no idea what he's rambling about.

Anyway, for me the Z10 was a massive disappointment. It just looked and felt so cheap in every way, the battery never went past early afternoon and just felt like it was a major budget offering compared to what the competitors were putting out. The Z30 doesn't add significant spec bump (but you will notice slightly faster performance thanks to a zippier CPU/GPU), but the overall quality of the device and the reliability of it to go the full day will be what makes it a proper full-touch BlackBerry. Things might have gone differently had BB released the Z30 and Q10 to begin with, and offered the budget Z10/Q5 later on in the year.

The app situation is no better. You're going to have to rely on sideload/Snap for a lot of offerings. However the option is there, and most of what you'll need is available. Some will require a process called "patching". Apps generally do load slowly, but for the most part I am satisfied with how they perform and they meet all my needs. I have about 50+ apps on my device.
    07-30-14 02:55 PM
    Do it, advice over

Via Z10
    07-30-14 02:57 PM
    I had the BlackBerry Torch 2, which was great, and now I have the Z30, which is amazing.

PROS :

1) Big 5" AMOLED low-drain screen;
    2) big long lasting 2800 mHa battery ;
    3) OS10 with great BlackBerry HUB and punch feature to organize all messaging and calls;
    4) sensitive Paratek antenna;
    5) FM radio;
    6) big virtual keyboard with auto correct and predictive text in multiple languages ;
    7) fast chip and fast Web browsing;
    8) iTunes, APK, Android, Adobe, Microsoft Word and Excel compatible ;
    9) can watch HD TV in 16:9 with TV app;
    10) Solid professional build with glass weave back and gorilla glass screen;
    11) four great speakers deliver great sound;
    12) USB and HDMI port to hook up to monitor or smart TV;
    13) NFI, Bluetooth, MiraCast connectivity;
    14) Great for presentations and travelling business people, and;
    15) Lots of BlackBerry accessories available, including BlackBerry holster and pocket with magnets for automatic turn off. BlackBerry Flip case and transform shell also available.

CONS:

1) a bit heavier than other phones (170g);
    2) AMOLED screen not as bright in bright sunlight as other phones with back-lit LCD screens;
    3) average camera, and ;
    4) battery big, but not removable

For me, the Z30 is the best electronic device I've ever owned.

Posted using my BlackBerry Z30.
    07-30-14 03:02 PM
    Are you referring to me? (referring to that jcclark1021 thingy)
    07-30-14 03:35 PM
    Ive been using the Z10 for over a year and want to use the Z30 so bad I am about to buy one and use it for ten months. before giving a Passport a try. I could get by with the Z10. Throwing in another battery is better than hugging the wall. But but but the Z30 WON mobile Nations 2014 best phone on the Planet. Cant agree more.
    07-30-14 04:34 PM
    I am not being bias, but there is really no iPhone comparable to any BlackBerry Device. John Chen (CEO of BlackBerry) refers to iPhone users as 'wallhuggers'. I call my partner a wallhugger - iPhone 5. Just recently she tried upgrading the device and it refused to and then froze. Finally, she gave up.

The Z30 will carry the reign as the best BB 10 device on the market till the launch of the BB Passport which will carry even better battery life. Camera and photo taking is a personal thing. My partner loves taking photos with my Z10 though as mentioned she has a iPhone 5. The device is pitiful at taking photos. BlackBerry devices are known for giving better reception hands down - way better (stronger) antenna service.

If you're into Apps like those who go downloading heaps of unnecessary Apps, then Snap as mentioned is great. Amazon and 1 Mobile Market is also great. However, you have to be careful with Android Apps. Most Android Apps are designed to collect data for google. Based on BlackBerry's genome Security, don't expect to get all Apps; though the Apps run differently on BB 10 devices. My advice to you is to choose Apps that are tagged BlackBerry TrendMicro certified - safe to run.
    07-30-14 05:25 PM
    My first post and I want to say that my Z30 is the best phone I have ever owned. I love everything about it, The hardware and the OS.
    I have the Verizon version and I use Verizon as my carrier. They have just upgraded their network with XLTE. The Z30 has the capability to use this new feature. I know you will love the phone.
    cherryberrie9 likes this.
    07-30-14 10:13 PM
    I watch my wife plug in her Galaxy S4 two and three times a day and friends with
    Iphones with them always plugged in.
    This device is killer and you will love the typing experience.
    I have a 64gb SD card in memory and it's fantastic too.
    Plus, I run movies from my phone to the HDMI port of our 56" flat screen.
    The antenna is awesome and 10.3 OS should be superb.
    BBM has changed too.

Wise choice my friend.

STA-100-3 v 10.2.1.3157; Radio 3182
    07-30-14 10:34 PM
    I love the z30, I sent from having to leave my z10 on a charger all day to everyone is jealous of my battery life it really lasts the entire day and then some. Only thing I wish z30 had was the same material housing as the z10, I really liked it.
    07-30-14 10:34 PM
    Thanks for the heads-up, emta.

The coverage in my area and Plymouth (UK) in particular, is generally excellent, so I don't think I will have any problems with battery drain when the device is searching for a signal.

Oh BTW, I am going to sell my 6 month old 5s to fund the Z30 purchase. I wouldn't fancy the shipping charges if you're not in the UK, which I don't think you are!
    Ill be in the UK in a months time London and Rode as well as maybe Sudbury
    07-30-14 10:43 PM
    It's true about BB10 browser. Amazingly fast. I was traveling for 2 weeks and using Android apps like TripAdvisor and Yelp. So slow! Using the browser for these services was much better. Oh, and I get to all my destination with BlackBerry maps (a round trip from Vancouver to Calgary, to the Kootenays to Victoria).

Posted by CB10 via Z30
    07-30-14 10:55 PM
    Hi Vegas

If you are happy typing on glass, then my friends with Z30's (all ex iPhone users) say you shouldn't have a problem.

The only issue I know about, re: your apps list, is Barclays UK Banking - friend still has to use the browser, but she says it isn't too fiddly.....

DropBox integration is built in, and battery life and reception are excellent (both better than my Q10)

Good luck with your purchase (personally I'm waiting to have a play with a Passport......)
    07-31-14 01:15 AM
65 123