Ok so my company swapped my z30 for an HTC one, now I've only owned android phones for the past 5 years with the exception of carrying a z10 for about a month. I can not believe I miss the BB OS 10 so much, I'm thinking of just buying a z30 myself and using it. I didn't realize how much better BB is with email and communication tasks in general. I carry an AT&T LG Optimus Pro for a personal phone, do having the HTC is just a duplicate phone, I can not get to my company email directly I have to go through a web mail service that's not very good. I never realized how many steps or apps I have to open to do some simple things on my HTC. I'm pretty sure I'm going back to BB10....real soon

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    npunk42, nick13b, saxxman and 9 others like this.
    03-20-14 08:44 AM
    Tell all this to whoever is in charge for the IT purchases in your company. Let them know and try to convince them of the powertool that is BlackBerry.
    With the all new BES12 pricing there's no excuse to exclude Blackberries on the workfloor anymore!

It will certainly make their job a whole lot easier.
    03-20-14 08:49 AM
    Ok so my company swapped my z30 for an HTC one, now I've only owned android phones for the past 5 years with the exception of carrying a z10 for about a month. I can not believe I miss the BB OS 10 so much, I'm thinking of just buying a z30 myself and using it. I didn't realize how much better BB is with email and communication tasks in general. I carry an AT&T LG Optimus Pro for a personal phone, do having the HTC is just a duplicate phone, I can not get to my company email directly I have to go through a web mail service that's not very good. I never realized how many steps or apps I have to open to do some simple things on my HTC. I'm pretty sure I'm going back to BB10....real soon

Great to hear, but Z30 isn't that old why the change? Did someone higher up covet it? hahaha really just curious
    tazeur, tazeur and MERCDROID like this.
    03-20-14 08:50 AM

It truly is amazing how used to the Hub and such features one can get, eh? I can totally sympathize! Once you have had the awesome communication power of BB10, it is really hard to switch to something else. I know I have tried using Android phones for a day or two as a loaner and I could not get over how easy BB made it to crank out texts, BBMs, emails, etc. compared to Android.

Hope you can get your Z30 back soon!
    Pippomagri likes this.
    03-20-14 08:51 AM
    Great to hear, but Z30 isn't that old why the change? Did someone higher up covet it? hahaha really just curious
    I'm curious too, did they revoke all BlackBerry's within the company, or just yours?
    03-20-14 08:53 AM
    I was an android user for years, but I couldn't imagine going back since using BB10.
    chgaida likes this.
    03-20-14 08:56 AM
    Oh I forget to add this piece of information, our Verizon account manager told our girl that is in charge of all 150 of our phone accounts that, and I quote" Blackberry phones are just not what they use to be, you don't want to go with them."

03-20-14 08:57 AM
    I'm curious too, did they revoke all BlackBerry's within the company, or just yours?
    See my post above, she was convinced by our Verizon account manager.

MERCDROID likes this.
    03-20-14 08:58 AM
    When you lose the battle of mind shares in people, it is so much easier to convince people you are bad, comparing to convince people you are good.

Mind share sells phones, period.

Posted via CB10 with Z30 on 10.2.1.2141
    MERCDROID and kbz1960 like this.
    03-20-14 09:11 AM
    Just wish the dam thing wasn't $500 out right purchase: (

03-20-14 09:15 AM
    Just wish the dam thing wasn't $500 out right purchase: (

It cost more than that before... be glad you don't have a 3 year contract...

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    MERCDROID likes this.
    03-20-14 09:19 AM
    Oh I forget to add this piece of information, our Verizon account manager told our girl that is in charge of all 150 of our phone accounts that, and I quote" Blackberry phones are just not what they use to be, you don't want to go with them."

I'm sure people are glad of getting a HTC one.... a superior entertainment/media consumption device. definitely not for business...

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    MERCDROID likes this.
    03-20-14 09:21 AM
    How dare they. I'm doing my best to convert people to bb10. I got one coworker to switch and I gave my z10 to my kids so they can expose their little friends lol

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    03-20-14 09:29 AM
    Tell all this to whoever is in charge for the IT purchases in your company. Let them know and try to convince them of the powertool that is BlackBerry.
    With the all new BES12 pricing there's no excuse to exclude Blackberries on the workfloor anymore!

It will certainly make their job a whole lot easier.
    I work at a very large healthcare company and I just found out the other day that are going byod and dropping blackberry and a blackberry is not a choice for byod either. Why hasn't blackberry made offers or did they? The reasoning I heard is they have no faith the company will survive so they aren't willing to take a chance. So sad.
    03-20-14 10:00 AM
    I work at a very large healthcare company and I just found out the other day that are going byod and dropping blackberry and a blackberry is not a choice for byod either. Why hasn't blackberry made offers or did they? The reasoning I heard is they have no faith the company will survive so they aren't willing to take a chance. So sad.
    Misinformation... it needs to stop and Chen needs to figure something out to treat it.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    bungaboy, kbz1960 and MERCDROID like this.
    03-20-14 10:15 AM
    I'm sure people are glad of getting a HTC one.... a superior entertainment/media consumption device. definitely not for business...

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    Yeap. There's no question that HTC One is a media entertainment beast. As for a business phone? I think it's a joke.
    03-20-14 10:18 AM
    This is always something that has got me. A buddy of mine went through the same thing. His company went BYOD and told him he couldn't use his BlackBerry. Why can't I use my BlackBerry on it? Maybe we should just call it bring your own android or apple device then. So tired of the bad information and BS.

Posted via CB10
    mjdimer, bungaboy and kbz1960 like this.
    03-20-14 10:48 AM
    So it is time to swap company.

Posted via BlackBerry Z30
    03-20-14 10:49 AM
    Yeap. There's no question that HTC One is a media entertainment beast. As for a business phone? I think it's a joke.
    I think this mindset is what hurt BBRY in the past (thinking that other devices can't be used for business). I don't believe people really think this.

Someone noted mindshare... how true. Think about it: BBRY has been using primarily BB10 to run its own business, no? LOL.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    03-20-14 10:56 AM
    Misinformation... it needs to stop and Chen needs to figure something out to treat it.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    I agree. If folks think BBRY is going out of business, BBRY needs to combat it aggressively.
    03-20-14 10:57 AM
    This is always something that has got me. A buddy of mine went through the same thing. His company went BYOD and told him he couldn't use his BlackBerry. Why can't I use my BlackBerry on it? Maybe we should just call it bring your own android or apple device then. So tired of the bad information and BS.

Posted via CB10
    There are no MDM systems that do blackberry other than BES? Just when BES can manage other systems it gets dropped
    03-20-14 10:59 AM
    BlackBerry beats Android for being a business phone, so your company listening to that rep is stupid. I mean, BB for Business>Android...
    03-20-14 11:05 AM
    There are no MDM systems that do blackberry other than BES? Just when BES can manage other systems it gets dropped
    That does suck, but at least BBRY is being proactive.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    03-20-14 11:12 AM
    There are several MDM that should manage some of BB10. Not nearly the same as BES10.1. Really stupid Verizon rep. The rep should have been pushing BES10.1. Far more money to be made for all parties in the software then the hardware. Sell a few new devices that will have a 2 year cycle or sell an MDM with large annual licensing fees and external IT support contracts.

But as we already knew, Verizon management is not what it used to be, Seriously, they just started a new division to oversee and streamline operations in NJ. That new division is located in Tulsa. The way in-store and phone sales reps are trained has become an internet joke. If they are not careful, they will find themselves in a similar predicament as BBRY. In fact, should Blackberry make a device that becomes "the Device" they will gladly let Verizon sell it, because they need to. But if that device takes BB back into the game, BBRY may not be so generous to VZW in a follow up device. BBRY is still reaping the results of the way they acted to many a carrier and developer pre-2009 and many a customer pre-2013. It amazes me how companies in the same space don't appear to learn the same lessons.
    03-20-14 12:05 PM
    it's crazy that a company ditches a phone that's been out since only what? October?.. not even 6 months. Now they're replacing it with a phone that was announced over a year ago... totally different operating systems. Another user learning curve,.. potentially costs associated with management, accessories, apps, etc. Seems like the person/department in charge of this decision is wasting a lot of time and company money. Bizarre.
    Thalestr likes this.
    03-20-14 12:40 PM
39 12