Is it possible to change the white faceplate on a Z30 to a Black Face plate. If so where would I get one?
    08-31-15 07:17 AM
    I believe that folks have done that or put white on a black device. You have to make sure that the face plate matches the model as I THINK the Verizon phone might be different - not sure though. There have been some threads about mixing and matching.
    DaFoxGrey likes this.
    08-31-15 11:17 AM
    I believe that folks have done that or put white on a black device. You have to make sure that the face plate matches the model as I THINK the Verizon phone might be different - not sure though. There have been some threads about mixing and matching.
    Yes, Verizon Z30 STA100-3 has a different mid-frame (the silver middle section) and it has different latch points for the rear cover. It also has a different bolt pattern for the screen, mainly due to the size and location of the QI antenna and hardware, which is located in the mid-frame.
    So, in a nutshell, mixing the "large" STA100-3 parts with STA100-5 (or other models) parts doesn't work without modifications. The screen (or face) won't attach properly, some people resorted to gluing the screen on, and the rear cover latches will be misaligned so it wont secure.

So, OP, stay within your devices model when looking for color parts.
    FF22 likes this.
    09-01-15 08:41 AM