Well, to be fair I went from an iPhone 6 to a Passport to a Classic, to a Z30 all within the last 60 days.

I no longer have possession of the iphone or Passport.

From my classic to the Z30, has any one else noticed how "slippery" This Damn phone is!?
    I ordered two cases from amazon today to try.
    What are you all using for cases?

Also, this phone is a perfect combo of the passport and classic.

Any how, let me know what cases you all use and what screen protectors.

Posted via CB10 using a Classic
    06-30-15 08:06 PM
    slippery yes when i had one i just had a cheap amzer case on it but it made it feel much bulkier which i hated, i do miss the z10 for some strange reason but the z30 is excellent
    06-30-15 08:14 PM
    No slippy to me

Posted via CB10
    06-30-15 08:30 PM
    Yes, slippery and a little awkward to hold when not in my Verizon holster case(I only use the shell). I love the way it looks without it but it just doesn't feel right for some reason. I just order a glass screen protector, let you know how that goes.

Posted via CB10
    06-30-15 09:20 PM
    Thanks

Even as I type this, I have to adjust my grip lol

Posted via CB10, from Texas
    06-30-15 10:03 PM
    something like this might work and not make it too bulky they also sell something similar at hardware stores for cheaper as well but just so you get an idea

Amazon.com: egrips 12 Piece Black Anti-Slip Kit - Universal Grip Stickers for Mobile Cell Phone, Remote Controls, Powerbanks, Handheld Devices & more - Cleanly Removable Adhesive: Cell Phones & Accessories
    06-30-15 10:16 PM
    I don't know why people call it slippery, don't understand it.

I had a Nokia Lumia 925 before the Z30, and I can tell you the Lumia's backcover was waayy more slippery than my Z30's. Managed to drop my Lumia 925 numerous times, not so with the Z30.

The 'carbonite' back cover feels great
    No need for a case, I just use the OEM leather pouch.

Posted via CB10
    07-01-15 01:16 AM
    its very slippery to me. Kind of hard to hold to hole with a holster too. But in summary, I like the new phone to the classic blackberry. Maybe cos its design makes a whole more sense.
    07-01-15 03:16 AM
    I've got the Gmyle case but it does add bulk. It is a flip case and I added a magnet to invoke sleep mode

Posted via CB10
    07-01-15 06:29 AM
    Can I ask why you gave up your Classic for a Z30 ( double typing )? I have also been eyeing up the Z30 like the look and feel of it however it is a two yr old device .
    07-01-15 07:04 AM
    If you have a black Z30 it shouldn't be slippery at all due to the back glass weave battery door. It has a rubbery texture feel to it. But if you have a white Z30 then I agree.....its very slippery.

I bought a white transform case for my Z30 when I first got it and that didn't help at all because the case itself was slippery plastic. So then I switch to a cheap TPU case from Amazon and it has a textures back and a rubberized exterior front all around the phone. The nice thing is it doesn't add much bulk but I feel like I can grip the phone better and its protects it from any accidental drops.

From a Classic to Z30-img_20150312_073310.png

Look! It's Zedzilla30!
    07-01-15 07:41 AM
    I find the Z30 without any kind of case at all to be quite grippy, thanks to the glass weave back cover. I'm using a Transform case right now, and while there are gripper options out there, I like the look of the Transform case.

Posted via the Z30 on CB10
    07-01-15 07:48 AM
    I'm sorry, I should have said, it's the white version.

Why did I switch from Classic?
    Screen size, I miss the keyboard, but love having the iphone "esk" screen size with BBerry OS.

07-01-15 07:51 AM
    I'm sorry, I should have said, it's the white version.

Why did I switch from Classic?
    Screen size, I miss the keyboard, but love having the iphone "esk" screen size with BBerry OS.

Should have just waited till the roll out of the Venice. It would give you all the options that you want.

Posted via CB10
    07-01-15 10:18 AM
    What's the venice?

07-01-15 11:47 AM
    Never mind I Google
    I'd buy one if it came w BBOS

07-01-15 11:49 AM
    I have a poly case which covers from back and sides,
    Slim and well gripped, Also saves from accidental fall.
    07-01-15 12:01 PM
    I have my Z30 for about a year and I never had a case or a screen protector. It is completely "naked ". When reach for it whether in the pocket or on the desk, I make sure I have a firm grip on it before I move it. I love it too much to endanger its life. So far, not a scratch on it (knock on wood).

 Posted by BlackBerry Z30 
    fdokos likes this.
    07-01-15 01:09 PM
    I'm in the gun business, if it's not dusty it's covered in oil

07-01-15 06:58 PM
    Well, to be fair I went from an iPhone 6 to a Passport to a Classic, to a Z30 all within the last 60 days.

I no longer have possession of the iphone or Passport.

From my classic to the Z30, has any one else noticed how "slippery" This Damn phone is!?
    I ordered two cases from amazon today to try.
    What are you all using for cases?

Also, this phone is a perfect combo of the passport and classic.

Any how, let me know what cases you all use and what screen protectors.

Posted via CB10 using a Classic
    I made a similar transition, minus the Classic though. Can't really say I find my Z30 slippery. The back has a pretty good gripping surface in my opinion. I tend to grip my phones with a very firm grip, and I think it's this grip that has kept me from dropping a lot of phones.

Even right now, I'm using my Z30 without any kind of protection. I grab it firmly. Fingerprints don't bother me. I see a lot of people who hold phones in a dainty manner because they don't want to get hand oils or fingerprints on them. And I've seen a lot of those people drop their phones for doing so.

You can always clean off fingerprints with a cloth later. You can't wipe off a cracked screen.

Just hold it with a firm, secure grip. You'll be fine. Two weeks now since I got my Z30 and all is well. Not even a mark.

Posted via CB10
    07-01-15 08:12 PM
    Have to agree, I just bought a white Z30 even though my original black Z30 works perfectly fine, but for $265.00 at Best Buy I had to buy a spare/backup Z30 as I love this phone and can't imagine going without it. But no question at all the White Z30's back cover is very slippery compared to the Black Z30 back cover. I still prefer to keep my Z30's naked, I have a holster I keep it it when not in use.
    07-02-15 03:08 PM
    I bought a cheap amzer case from Amazon, did the trick

07-03-15 08:29 AM