Hello fellow Z30 owners!

Well, I bit the bullet and upgrade from Torch 9850 to the Z30. Amazing.

Well, anyway, after about 3 days of hunting, googling, and trying my friends phones, I cannot find (or copy/send from OS 5/6 phones) the BB Classic phone ringtone, you know, the one that really sounds like a phone?

The phone is almost setup the way I had my 9850 done, but this is the only thing I want/need to call the transition completed.

Anyone have the file that they may be able to copy and send to me?

Thx in advance for any help (or the file),

C
    01-22-14 11:03 AM
    Yeppers, first stop and attempt, also, it's not in there, it's the "re-mix" version, electronic sounding.
    I can see it in OS 5 phones and I remember I loaded it on friends torch 9800 (OS6) about 2 years ago.

can't find it now. I'm still hunting, but hopefully someone here has the file.

Thx,

c
    01-22-14 11:11 AM
    Yeppers, first stop and attempt, also, it's not in there, it's the "re-mix" version, electronic sounding.
    I can see it in OS 5 phones and I remember I loaded it on friends torch 9800 (OS6) about 2 years ago.

can't find it now. I'm still hunting, but hopefully someone here has the file.

Thx,

c
    record the 9850 classic tone to the playbook, (decent mic, so it'll sound ok), & transfer it to the "Z",,, if you have a zoom recorder, or vocal mic, & audio program, (audacity is freeware), even better...
    Carl Estes likes this.
    01-22-14 11:14 AM
    p.s. let me know how you like the switch, especially the bridge,,, i love my 9850/pb combo too, & have been thinkin' about the "30" if they don't do a "50" version...
    Carl Estes likes this.
    01-22-14 11:17 AM
    01-22-14 11:19 AM
    Will look at this at lunch.......

Thx,

C
    01-22-14 11:30 AM
    p.s. let me know how you like the switch, especially the bridge,,, i love my 9850/pb combo too, & have been thinkin' about the "30" if they don't do a "50" version...
    Yeah, I know, I said I wouldn't do it, I wouldn't give 'em my monies........but I broke one of my rules: you NEVER touch a pc or drive a car that's faster than yours.......you know the outcome.....

Z30 is fantastic! Bridge gets me through the Text and BBM bits, but still miss the email aspect. Meh. Only had it for a week, got it setup
    about 95% and so far lovin' it. The one other thing is the battery, ala Apple, looks like you have to send it in for replacement when that day comes.....

Just be careful if you be on VZW and still have a Grandfathered plan, they will do anything to get rid of that. I bought it outright and just switched the handset.........that's the only way these days.......

c
    SEAWARRIOR likes this.
    01-22-14 11:36 AM
    will this install on a Z30??? do they use the same .jad files???
    Carl Estes likes this.
    01-22-14 11:53 AM
    will this install on a Z30??? do they use the same .jad files???
    Don't know at this time, going to try this at lunch (Pacific time)...

c
    SEAWARRIOR likes this.
    01-22-14 12:00 PM
    Zedge.com has all the ring tones you need.

Posted via Verizon Z30
    Carl Estes likes this.
    01-22-14 12:11 PM
    I have the classic ringtone you want (I had to search a lot for it too) but I don't know how to post a file like that.
    Carl Estes likes this.
    01-22-14 12:26 PM
    I have the classic ringtone you want (I had to search a lot for it too) but I don't know how to post a file like that.
    Can you attach it in a PM? Or I can pm you my email address and you can send it that way.

Is it an mp3?

Thanks for the effort!

c
    01-22-14 12:31 PM
    Zedge.com has all the ring tones you need.

Posted via Verizon Z30
    I went thru the site, and yes, they have one, it's close, but not the actual BB one. May have to go with this, got a couple more avenues running.

Thanks for the help!!!

C
    01-22-14 12:36 PM
    This is what I use on my Z10
    Attached Files
    Carl Estes likes this.
    01-22-14 12:59 PM
    Here is the one I use on my Z10. Ported over from past BB's
    Attached Files
    Carl Estes and jerryeight like this.
    01-22-14 01:24 PM
    Here is the one I use on my Z10. Ported over from past BB's
    THanks to all who have helped and solved my issue (phone, not me, but that's another thread...)

All be right with the Z30 now.

THANKS ALL!

c
    LP_Rigg likes this.
    01-22-14 02:09 PM
    Hello fellow Z30 owners!

Well, I bit the bullet and upgrade from Torch 9850 to the Z30. Amazing.

Well, anyway, after about 3 days of hunting, googling, and trying my friends phones, I cannot find (or copy/send from OS 5/6 phones) the BB Classic phone ringtone, you know, the one that really sounds like a phone?

The phone is almost setup the way I had my 9850 done, but this is the only thing I want/need to call the transition completed.

Anyone have the file that they may be able to copy and send to me?

Thx in advance for any help (or the file),

C
    Hey Carl,

I too upgraded from a 9850 (VZW) to a Z10. I was looking everywhere for the ringer until I found it, but it was ringing too fast, so I added some time in end to it so it can make sense when ringing.

Here's the attached ringer I use. Hope it helps!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Kamika007z; 01-22-14 at 02:36 PM.
    Carl Estes likes this.
    01-22-14 02:26 PM
    Hey Carl,

I too upgraded from a 9850 (VZW) to a Z10. I was looking everywhere for the ringer until I found it, but it was ringing too fast, so I added some time in end to it so it can make sense when ringing.

That's it!

THx!!!!!!!!

c
    01-22-14 02:55 PM
    Hey Carl,

That's the one I use and was trying to figure out how to post!
    Carl Estes likes this.
    01-22-14 03:04 PM
    That's the one I use and was trying to figure out how to post!
    Thanks for the help and brain crunch for trying to post. Appreciate it!

THx again ALL,

C
    01-22-14 03:14 PM
    No problem Carl!

Glad we could help!
    01-22-14 04:39 PM