Ever since I updated to 10.3.1 I notice choppy video recording, it's like randomly it's skipping frames, sometimes it get stuck for longer periods but it keeps recording the sound without choppiness. It is recording at 30fps (output varies based on length, I've seen it drop down to 17fps overall for some videos that has long pauses) so I know I am not trying to push 60fps. I also have the same microSD card that I had since I got my Z30 so it cannot be the issue.
    05-03-15 12:57 AM
    I noticed too, but it seems hit and miss. Thankfully the videos of my kids are smooth (I shoot at the 60fps setting) but some other shots (like random stuff at the park or something) is all weird, like it keeps pausing and stuff.

Posted via CB10
    05-03-15 02:22 AM
    I noticed too, but it seems hit and miss. Thankfully the videos of my kids are smooth (I shoot at the 60fps setting) but some other shots (like random stuff at the park or something) is all weird, like it keeps pausing and stuff.

Posted via CB10
    Exact same issue here. Especially at the park maybe something to do with brighter conditions?
    Which version are you running? Maybe I should try updating again.

Sent from Z30 on Tapatalk
    05-03-15 10:18 AM
    I'm on 10.3.1.1784. I recorded my kids today in the living room (but it was really bright still) and the beginning was choppy but then it kicked in normal. I don't record too much so it's hard for me to say what conditions causes it.

Posted via CB10
    05-03-15 11:50 PM
    I'm on 10.3.1.1784. I recorded my kids today in the living room (but it was really bright still) and the beginning was choppy but then it kicked in normal. I don't record too much so it's hard for me to say what conditions causes it.

Posted via CB10

I updated to 10.3.1.1865 just 2 days ago, still does it.
    05-05-15 04:55 PM
    It turns out that it was my sd card... it was an old class 4 that I just used in my phones since my 9900, and I found myself with an extra class 10 U1 or whatever and the choppiness is gone from my recording (but the old videos are still choppy). I guess it was just the write speed that made it so bad.

Posted via CB10
    FF22 and Polotis like this.
    06-14-15 12:10 AM
    It turns out that it was my sd card... it was an old class 4 that I just used in my phones since my 9900, and I found myself with an extra class 10 U1 or whatever and the choppiness is gone from my recording (but the old videos are still choppy). I guess it was just the write speed that made it so bad.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for posting back and explaining the problem and fix
    06-14-15 12:47 AM
    The same thing happened to me the other day. I never happened on 10.2.1. I'm on 10.3.1 now. SD card isn't to blame because I don't use one. Recording at 1080p. Continuous Focus is ON. Video Stabilization is ON too.

I took two videos with the new OS:

- First video came out fine. The video was of a barely moving object. Camera was dead stationary. Lighting conditions were average.

- Seconds video has the stutter. The video was being take of a fast moving object (large eagle, flying towards the camera, flapping its wings, than landing about 3 meters away. The camera was being held by hand. Lighting conditions were good, but not too bright. It was extremely windy; the wind noise is quite pronounced in the recording

Maybe it was the motion of the object being recorded that caused the stutter.
    I'm not sure if loud audio would have somehow be linked with the video stutter.
    heading4tomorrow likes this.
    06-14-15 10:58 AM
    Sometimes it hangs so bad I can't stop recording. It doesn't respond to touch either.
    I did not try this on my new classic, will report back after trying.

Sent from Z30 on Tapatalk
    06-14-15 12:10 PM