I like to listen to music while charging my phone at night( I do this by hooking it up to my Bose docking station) battery is usually around 55% I charge it until I wake up in the morning. Is this ba d for my battery?
    03-09-15 07:52 PM
    I wouldn't think so , are you noticing any problems, like less battery time
    Tess89 likes this.
    03-09-15 07:55 PM
    That's the best way to charge it. Try not to let it drop to less than around 40%. Lithium ion batteries love being charged from roughly half to full and the charging circuitry will kill the charge to a trickle when fully charged.

"Z30 STA100-2 UK" 10.3.1.1565 Get's a Ten from Fen.
    Tess89 likes this.
    03-09-15 09:05 PM
    I never charge mine overnight - it charges fast and would be done in the middle of the night. But I often charge it during the day via my Koolpad wireless charger while streaming music from Pandora via blue tooth. Even on the Koolpad it generally charges in less than two hours even while streaming. I truly love the Koolpad and it's operation! And I do generally charge it from above 50%...glad to hear the battery likes that!

Posted via CB10
    Tess89 likes this.
    03-09-15 09:35 PM
    It would be best to charge it while the phone is standby. Charging while the phone is in rather heavy load puts more stress to the battery.

I was using Waze for 2 hours or so and charging the phone at the same time, then I found out my battery health was dropped from 99% to 95%. My phone was just 3 months old at that time.

Posted via Z30STA100-2/10.3.1.2267
    Tess89 likes this.
    03-09-15 11:49 PM
    I do charging when I go to sleep and try not to charge day time. I do support that battery should be drained completely else booting issue or "Black screen" syndrome may prop up. This has been common issue with Z30 in case of completely drained battery, many users have shared their experience.
    Tess89 likes this.
    03-10-15 12:33 AM
    I've charged my BlackBerry's in the same fashion for over 10 years. I put it on the charger before bed and I take it off the moment I wake up. I've never had a battery fail or not last longer then 2 years. The only BlackBerry I ever had a weird charging cycle with was.......you guessed it the Z10. The Z10 is an awesome phone but it's battery capacity and endurance was absolute crap!

The Z30 battery is in its own class and probably only surpassed by the Passport and its monster size battery.

Look! It's Zedzilla 30!
    Tess89 likes this.
    03-10-15 07:26 AM
    Thanks for the replies, will using my phone (listening to music) while charging over night hurt?
    03-10-15 08:43 AM
    Thanks for the replies, will using my phone (listening to music) while charging over night hurt?
    Some resources recommend charging with the device turned off. Frequetly Asked Questions on How to Charge Batteries For all the years I have used smartphones with Li-ion batteries every one has been charged while in use. To date there have not been any recognizable issues.

That said, batteries are individual just like any other device. One person's experience may not reflect the universal situation.
    Tess89 likes this.
    03-10-15 09:06 AM
    You know it shouldn't but I'm not sure anyone has tested it thoroughly. I don't think playing music taxes the battery or processor. But there may be instances where an app (games come to mind) where the game might use more power than a charge might be able to supply. USB for instance might have more difficulty. The regular charger probably can keep up. And then there is the premium bb charger (sold as the Playbook charger at one time) which provides even more power.

But I'm definitely not an electrical engineer or battery expert.
    Tess89 likes this.
    03-10-15 09:13 AM