Has anyone noticed you can't hold any BlackBerry with shoulder while talking? Every time I try the caller complains that I sound very far away. Half the time I'll say something and they won't even hear me. I've noticed this with all BlackBerry phones

Posted via CB10
    11-14-14 08:53 AM
    That's what headphones are for. Like it or not, use the right tools for the job.

Z30, Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.1016, I missed you.
    Bluenoser63 and JLErwin3 like this.
    11-14-14 09:11 AM
    That's what headphones are for. Like it or not, use the right tools for the job.

Z30, Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.1016, I missed you.
    Headphones are soo 2004-ish. When I'm doing something and get a call I don't have time to find a headset especially if the call is only gonna last 2 mins. Any other phone I can talk while holding the phone with my shoulder. So I shouldnt have to use headphones to fix the phones problem

Posted via CB10
    11-14-14 09:22 AM
    Never noticed and I do that. No one has said anything either. Maybe the way you do it?
    sk8er_tor likes this.
    11-14-14 09:24 AM
    Never noticed and I do that. No one has said anything either. Maybe the way you do it?
    Idk
    Ear to the phone
    Mic from Z30 about 2 inches from mouth.
    Maybe it's my otterbox? But mic is visible so idk.
    Either way the mic is only at the max 2 inches from mouth.

Posted via CB10
    11-14-14 09:30 AM
    Could be the otter box? I only have a rubber bumper.
    11-14-14 09:32 AM
    Phone is too thin.

May drop it as it slides off your shoulder.

Yes it's a BlackBerry. If you have something bad to say... speak to Easton!
    11-14-14 09:32 AM
    Phone is too thin.

May drop it as it slides off your shoulder.

Yes it's a BlackBerry. If you have something bad to say... speak to Easton!
    Irrelevant

Posted via CB10
    jevinzac likes this.
    11-14-14 09:35 AM
    I have been having this issue since I got my Z30 people tell me I can't hear you. I have a Fosmon cover on

Posted via CB10
    11-14-14 09:59 AM
    The way I found that helps a little is turning the bottom of the phone more up like landscape with the mic out in front

Posted via CB10
    11-14-14 10:03 AM
    The way I found that helps a little is turning the bottom of the phone more up like landscape with the mic out in front

Posted via CB10
    Oh so almost in a horizontal position? I'll have to test that.

Posted via CB10
    11-14-14 10:50 AM
    I have used a bluetooth headset for years, no wires, great sound clarity. Recommend motorola H730. Might not be fashionable in today's world but can't beat the quality for $40

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.1.1016
    Chris Chin likes this.
    11-14-14 10:59 AM
    Has anyone noticed you can't hold any BlackBerry with shoulder while talking? Every time I try the caller complains that I sound very far away. Half the time I'll say something and they won't even hear me. I've noticed this with all BlackBerry phones

Posted via CB10
    Put it on speaker.
    bungaboy, AndyYNWA and user5240 like this.
    11-14-14 11:02 AM
    Put it on speaker.
    Not a fan of allowing everyone to hear my conversation. And even the speakerphone is the worst in class. Hears more background noise than your actual voice.

Posted via CB10
    11-14-14 11:07 AM
    I have used a bluetooth headset for years, no wires, great sound clarity. Recommend motorola H730. Might not be fashionable in today's world but can't beat the quality for $40

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.1.1016
    I'm not trying to buy something to fix my phone. I just wanna know who else has this issue. If I can hold a landline phone in this position without issues a cell phone shouldn't be an issue. And I remember back on my bold 9930 I would drop calls by holding it with my shoulder. Must be a BlackBerry thing

Posted via CB10
    11-14-14 11:11 AM
    I can't believe this is a topic. I cradle my Z30 on my shoulder all the time and have never even considered that this is a problem for someone. I don't know - SHOULDER IMPLANTS??? Or just increase the size of the chip that's already there.
    bungaboy and Carl Estes like this.
    11-14-14 11:50 AM
    I can't believe this is a topic. I cradle my Z30 on my shoulder all the time and have never even considered that this is a problem for someone. I don't know - SHOULDER IMPLANTS??? Or just increase the size of the chip that's already there.
    I can't believe you have 17 posts but yet seem to know everything about nothing

Posted via CB10
    11-14-14 12:00 PM
    Sounds like you need an iPhone 6+. You can bend it into any shape to custom fit your shoulder/cheek.

Posted via CB10
    11-14-14 12:02 PM
    Sounds like you need an iPhone 6+. You can bend it into any shape to custom fit your shoulder/cheek.

Posted via CB10
    Definitely getting it when my upgrade comes in march. And im pretty sure the iPhone doesn't bend. BlackBerry is losing a lot of good customers because they're 5 years behind on technology. This Z30 has gotten soo bad that I simply use it to turn on mobile Hotspot for my iPod touch. Honestly my iPod touch works better than my Z30.

Posted via CB10
    11-14-14 12:07 PM
    get a blue tooth head set use it all the time. Much better solution to your problem
    southlander likes this.
    11-14-14 12:10 PM
    I'm not trying to buy something to fix my phone. I just wanna know who else has this issue. If I can hold a landline phone in this position without issues a cell phone shouldn't be an issue. And I remember back on my bold 9930 I would drop calls by holding it with my shoulder. Must be a BlackBerry thing

Posted via CB10
    Actually I think we have to fix the user. You do know that phones are designed to be held in your hand, not balanced on your shoulder. I don't have problems with my Z30 as I use it how it was designed. And I don't have problems hearing and having people hear when I have it on speaker phone.
    mkelley65, Carl Estes and so crow like this.
    11-14-14 12:16 PM
    Actually I think we have to fix the user. You do know that phones are designed to be held in your hand, not balanced on your shoulder. I don't have problems with my Z30 as I use it how it was designed. And I don't have problems hearing and having people hear when I have it on speaker phone.
    Fix the user? You must be the biggest ***** to have posted in here soo far. Phone design doesn't matter. In reality your voice travels through a microphone. And I'm pretty sure they're meant to pick up sounds more than a half inch away. Guess it shouldn't have speaker phone since it was designed to be held? Lmao *****

Posted via CB10
    11-14-14 12:23 PM
    Definitely getting it when my upgrade comes in march. And im pretty sure the iPhone doesn't bend. BlackBerry is losing a lot of good customers because they're 5 years behind on technology. This Z30 has gotten soo bad that I simply use it to turn on mobile Hotspot for my iPod touch. Honestly my iPod touch works better than my Z30.

Posted via CB10
    Was reading the thread then saw this reply and lost it. Trying to resolve an issue is one thing and talking nonsense is another. If you've been constantly having problems with the BlackBerry phones then you need to move on. I have never had this problem with any of the phones I've owned. I can easily sandwich the phone between my shoulders and ears and can have a conversation.

Posted via CB10
    11-14-14 12:48 PM
    Was reading the thread then saw this reply and lost it. Trying to resolve an issue is one thing and talking nonsense is another. If you've been constantly having problems with the BlackBerry phones then you need to move on. I have never had this problem with any of the phones I've owned. I can easily sandwich the phone between my shoulders and ears and can have a conversation.

Posted via CB10
    Not trying to resolve an issue. Sorry you lost it after reading this thread. Maybe you should invest in anger management. Posted to see how many people have this issue in case you haven't noticed. Actually this whole entire forum is infested with people and their issues. Do you go crying from thread to thread? and trust me I will be moving on along with everyone else that's sick of these BlackBerry problems that occur year after year with No fixing in sight. BlackBerry should be called BETAberry because these phones are problematic. BlackBerry is 5 years behind technology. Just accept it

Posted via CB10
    11-14-14 01:58 PM
    Not trying to resolve an issue. Sorry you lost it after reading this thread. Maybe you should invest in anger management. Posted to see how many people have this issue in case you haven't noticed. Actually this whole entire forum is infested with people and their issues. Do you go crying from thread to thread? and trust me I will be moving on along with everyone else that's sick of these BlackBerry problems that occur year after year with No fixing in sight. BlackBerry should be called BETAberry because these phones are problematic. BlackBerry is 5 years behind technology. Just accept it

Posted via CB10
    If they are 5 years behind, why did you buy one. The majority seem to understand how to use a phone. I don't know any of my users, friends or family that uses a Blackberry having the problem that you do. Of the dozens of people that I know, not a single one posts here on Crackberry. So the posters are probably not indicative of the actually Blackberry users. Of course people come here looking for solutions to their problems so the forum would be skewed. Posters have given you a slew of solutions that you won't accept.

Maybe your avatar speaks volumes.
    11-14-14 02:04 PM
84 123 ...