Been noticing that when I try and use BlackBerry maps, my "GPS location cannot be found, try to find a location with a clear view(1013)". I've tried resetting my phone with no luck. Any thoughts? It does show my location with the blue dot but won't give me turn by turn directions

Posted via CB10
    12-08-14 12:29 PM
    my old q10 has this issue, if it's a new z30 ask for an exchange for new phone.

if not, temproary solution is to download an app called hellogps from appworld, open it for 1-2 minutes and your GPS'll work.
    12-08-14 01:27 PM
    Not trying to be smart but, is it turned on? Settings / Location

Rick Pringle, Z30 on CB.10
    12-08-14 03:40 PM
    This such a coincidence. I had this issue today. Did not have issues prior. It finally did come back. But it was like an outage.

Posted via CB10
    12-08-14 04:38 PM
    Have you tried using the BlackBerry Virtual Expert app? It includes a test for the GPS. It should give you an answer right about whether your phone's GPS is receiving signals or not.

Posted via CB10
    12-08-14 05:01 PM
    Location seeing is turned on, I tried the suggestion of getting that app and leaving it open for 1-2 mins but no go. Even my gadget box app won't track my speed, as if the GPS isn't working. I thought I tried the virtual expert a few weeks ago in trying to trouble shoot with it saying it was ok. I'm in an airport right now so I can't use virtual expert since I don't have a clear sight. I will try again in a fee hours.

Posted via CB10
    12-08-14 07:25 PM
    Location seeing is turned on, I tried the suggestion of getting that app and leaving it open for 1-2 mins but no go. Even my gadget box app won't track my speed, as if the GPS isn't working. I thought I tried the virtual expert a few weeks ago in trying to trouble shoot with it saying it was ok. I'm in an airport right now so I can't use virtual expert since I don't have a clear sight. I will try again in a fee hours.

Posted via CB10
    Long shot, but double check app permissions as well, just in case somehow location permission got turned off for some apps?

Posted via CB10
    12-09-14 09:00 AM

Posted via CB10
    the only thing i can tell you is to run the hellogps program a little longer and keep it on while you try to use blackberry map.
    When i had the issue, i used BBVE to check the GPS as well, all result came out ok yet i still get the error.

Running HelloGPS for 10 minutes, when it finds and gives you data/location on that interface. Then go back and use blackberry map.
    12-09-14 10:56 AM
    I just downloaded the Hello GPS app and it's quite an amazing app. It gives more information about satellites, DOP, etc, than the Garmin GPS in my plane! Also, it shows GPS as well as GLONASS information and how the BlackBerry is using both constellations for a fix. Very impressive app.

Sorry for hijack of the thread though!

Posted via CB10
    12-09-14 12:35 PM
    I have tried the HelloGPS app and BBVE and even though they will show the satellites for a while, they end up going away. The main app that I am trying to use is Waze downloaded from BBWorld and it continues to show no GPS connection. This just started after I upgraded to 10.2.1.3062. Any other ideas?
    12-10-14 01:42 PM
    So I've done as much problem solving as possible with also leaving Hello GPS on for 10mins plus but had no luck. I've double checked the apps permission, Virtual Expert found several Satellites, Hello GPS found several Satellites but when I open BlackBerry maps, it can't give me any directions. Once I get home this weekend I'll reload my phone. Ron touched on a possible issue, not 100% sure but this problem seems to of started after upgrading to the new 10.2.1.306Can't find GPS Satellite-img_20141211_092425.png. Not sure if the pictures will show up but here are some examples, 2Can't find GPS Satellite-img_20141211_092439.pngClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20141211_092425.png 
Views:	592 
Size:	312.5 KB 
ID:	320029
    12-11-14 08:55 AM
    12-11-14 08:58 AM
    I'll try hellogps

From my Z30
    12-11-14 09:09 AM
    Looking at the pictures of the BBVE and HelloGPS it's clear that you're only getting a very weak signal from seven satellites. The HelloGPS shows where the satellites are in the constellations (GPS and GLONASS) but only shows you're getting weak and unusable signals from seven, and they're all GLONASS, not GPS, if the HelloGPS app is to be believed.

Here's what my Z30 shows:

Can't find GPS Satellite-img_20141211_114938.png
    Can't find GPS Satellite-img_20141211_114912.png

Posted via CB10
    12-11-14 01:53 PM
    Wow, big difference. Thanks for sharing your pictures to see a comparison. I obviously have an issue. I thought my BBVE was showing ok results as I didn't know what I should be seeing and with low numbers it's obvious. I'll wipe and reload my phone next week and see if that will be a fix. Thanks again

Posted via CB10
    12-11-14 03:33 PM
    So I reloaded my phone and tried BlackBerry Maps with still no luck. I Called Telus who switched me over to BlackBerry (never had that before, must be new). I problem solved with them doing the things I've already done and the verdict was to get my phone sent in for repair. She thinks there's an issue with my Radio? Interesting to see if they replace my phone or are able to fix it.
    12-17-14 01:28 AM
    Please keep us updated on the outcome. I'm curious if there was a problem with your GPS antenna or receiver.

Posted via CB10
    12-17-14 10:38 AM
    Hi. I've been trying to find a good map app for my Passport too and have noticed I always loose GPS signal too!
    No problem when I'm not in navigation, map shows and follow where I'm driving but as soon as I set navigation I loose signal!
    I've tried all the popular maps and same thing happens.

I'd appreciate your help!

Posted via CB10
    12-30-14 11:35 PM
    Maybe your not getting a good enough GPS response like me, downloading HelloGPS app helped me see there was an issue with my phone. Perhaps it might even help fix your problem like some had said it would.

Posted via CB10
    12-31-14 01:53 AM
    Please keep us updated on the outcome. I'm curious if there was a problem with your GPS antenna or receiver.

Posted via CB10
    I got my phone back today but unfortunately BlackBerry decided to replace it as I guess it didn't make sense fixing the GPS problem. I will never know the true cause other than it was serious enough to simply replace vs their own methods of wiping the phone and toying with ?? To make it work.

Posted via CB10
    timboalogo likes this.
    12-31-14 06:51 PM
    Reboot your phone. I have to do this often to get GPS to work. Contrary to popular belief, the Z10 runs out of resources and needs to be reset to clean up the OS.
    12-31-14 07:01 PM